Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Could the Ragin’ Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    So, it would appear that if a tear down of the upper deck to be replaced with a suite/press box complex comes in under the magical 51% rule or whatever it is, then that is what will probably happen?

If so, I'm guessing a NEZ project to place displaced season ticket holders in the meantime would push the project over the magical 51% rule. Then, I guess they would place as many as they can on the visitor side and the SEZ until construction is complete.

Assuming the code issues are not deemed terminal for the entire stadium. In which case, we get the erector set.

That about right?
    I have a bad feeling the stadium will be condemned

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I am all for building a new stadium, my problem with the whole thing is monetary, one thing is to make improvements over time, quite another to drop 250 million into a brand new stadium, that’s why I am opposed to the new stadium idea, not unless y’all want a erector set stadium for like 70 million.

We can improve the stadium over time, with patch ups, like taking down the upper deck, and putting up a brand new upper deck with suites, and brand new press box.

I have no idea how much this will cost let’s say we spend 50 million on redoing the upper deck to me is still more doable than building a 128 million dollar stadium, because it is not coming out all at once. We are not getting into a situation that could potentially bankrupt the athletic department.

Then we can struggle to get everything else to code.

I am impressed that we were able to get everything else accomplished, baseball field, softball field, Cajun Dome, APC, coaches salary etc. I really dont know how we are doing it.
    Count me in as impressed also. If you look at how this thread started, you will see it was generated to spark a conversation. I don’t think many people believe we can build a new stadium with our current financial situation. I don’t like the piecemeal approach, but it is probably the most likely. Bottom line is we need to generate new revenue and suites are the best way to do that. I would build suites above the student side first(banking the money) then several years later tear down the upper deck and build more suites and a press box on the other side. The real question is can you do a demolition and a rebuild in an offseason. It seems like a difficult time line.

Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

So, it would appear that if a tear down of the upper deck to be replaced with a suite/press box complex comes in under the magical 51% rule or whatever it is, then that is what will probably happen?

If so, I'm guessing a NEZ project to place displaced season ticket holders in the meantime would push the project over the magical 51% rule. Then, I guess they would place as many as they can on the visitor side and the SEZ until construction is complete.

Assuming the code issues are not deemed terminal for the entire stadium. In which case, we get the erector set.

That about right?
    Forget the 51% rule. In this particular instance there would be plenty of ways around it; some of which Helmut has already discussed. The bigger concern is the structural integrity of the currenty stadium.

The bottom line is what is the most cost effective method and I understand some people can't wrap their head around it but there is definitely a case for building a completely new stadium. Now it may not be feasible after review but I promise you it isn't as far fetched as some tend to believe.

For example..... it is my understanding that the Tigue revenue has exceeded their projections and expectations.

Default Re: Could the Ragin’ Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I am all for building a new stadium, my problem with the whole thing is monetary, one thing is to make improvements over time, quite another to drop 250 million into a brand new stadium, that’s why I am opposed to the new stadium idea, not unless y’all want a erector set stadium for like 70 million.

We can improve the stadium over time, with patch ups, like taking down the upper deck, and putting up a brand new upper deck with suites, and brand new press box.

I have no idea how much this will cost let’s say we spend 50 million on redoing the upper deck to me is still more doable than building a 128 million dollar stadium, because it is not coming out all at once. We are not getting into a situation that could potentially bankrupt the athletic department.

Then we can struggle to get everything else to code.

I am impressed that we were able to get everything else accomplished, baseball field, softball field, Cajun Dome, APC, coaches salary etc. I really dont know how we are doing it.
    My guess would be you couldn't rebuild the upper deck without rebuilding the struture below it which means you'd have to rebuild the west (home) bowl as well. In that scenario, I think you'd be looking at the $100M mark as well. JMO

The excitement surrounding a brand new stadium is worth the extra $50M. You could sell that to recruits as well as corporate sponsors.

Utilize the archatectural ques from the smaller soccer stadiums in Europe that are specifically designed to produce tremendous site line and creat an environment that seems much larger than it really is.

You can look all across the world and see 30,000-40,000 seat stadiums that are incredible. Turkey has several, Or look at current MLS stadiums and planned stadiums that are designed with smaller crowds in mind. We will most likely never draw much over 30-35k on a consistent basis. So build with that in mind.

This is where Learfield and the new Ragin Cajun Properties entity can sell something (new stadium) to new sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    My guess would be you couldn't rebuild the upper deck without rebuilding the struture below it which means you'd have to rebuild the west (home) bowl as well. In that scenario, I think you'd be looking at the $100M mark as well. JMO
    If that is the case, then we are building a new stadium where tailgating is located and play in Cajun Field until it is done. I don't mind tailgating across Congress or at Blackham until we can return.

The baseball park is outstanding. I have full confidence we can build something equally outstanding for football.

Bottom line. Whatever we build must be fan friendly, proportionate and EASILY EXPANDABLE for future needs.

If that is the case, then we are building a new stadium where tailgating is located and play in Cajun Field until it is done. I don't mind tailgating across Congress or at Blackham until we can return.

The baseball park is outstanding. I have full confidence we can build something equally outstanding for football.

Bottom line. Whatever we build must be fan friendly, proportionate and EASILY EXPANDABLE for future needs.
    Nothing we build needs to be easily expandable. We will NEVER need anything over 40K ever.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Nothing we build needs to be easily expandable. We will NEVER need anything over 40K ever.

And in the event we do get 40k often, raise ticket prices (economics 101).

YES, GREAT FORWARD THINKING!

We needed a 45k stadium when Southern came in. We would need a 50k stadium if we become a top 25 program and Gameday was on site with us hosting a P5. We would need a 55k stadium if we become a P5 conference member.

The point is if we build the precious, set in stone forever, 30k soccer stadium, for college football, that would be one of the most short sighted things this university has ever done.

Dreaming that we will be in a conference where we would require a 45,000 seat stadium that’s expandable is laughable. If we have more people than seats then turn them around.

We are who we are, doing everything we can to be the very best that we can be doesn’t mean hampering the university with a stadium that will never be filled. Hell Houston who is the very best that we could hope to be doesn’t have a huge stadium.

Build something that is unique and electric. Baylor has a 46,000 seat stadium. We don’t have the fan base to build larger than that. Unless you wanna be like LaTurd and tarp the whole thing.

We needed a 45k stadium when Southern came in. We would need a 50k stadium if we become a top 25 program and Gameday was on site with us hosting a P5. We would need a 55k stadium if we become a P5 conference member.

The point is if we build the precious, set in stone forever, 30k soccer stadium, for college football, that would be one of the most short sighted things this university has ever done.
    I agree with this, yes we want to be Louisiana, and get into a better conference let’s just build a 30k stadium with no way to be able to expand it, Yes this is the way to attract big names, and move up to a different conference.

Don’t mind starting out 30k. Has to be easily expandable.

Dreaming that we will be in a conference where we would require a 45,000 seat stadium that’s expandable is laughable. If we have more people than seats then turn them around.

We are who we are, doing everything we can to be the very best that we can be doesn’t mean hampering the university with a stadium that will never be filled. Hell Houston who is the very best that we could hope to be doesn’t have a huge stadium.

Build something that is unique and electric. Baylor has a 46,000 seat stadium. We don’t have the fan base to build larger than that. Unless you wanna be like LaTurd and tarp the whole thing.
    I never said build a big stadium. We SHOULDN'T build a big stadium. We, also, shouldn't build a stadium that could not be easily added to in the future.

In a world where P5’s and the NCAA are doing everything to put the big boys on a pedastal...cajun4life is correct...we aren’t growing anytime soon....unless we miraculously get invited to Big 12...

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information