Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Serious Glasco question

1. Default Serious Glasco question

Honestly had anyone ever heard of him prior to being hired at ULL? Just curious if he was known as one of the best hitting coaches around. All year he never made any adjustments to the hitters. For example if you are facing a rise ball picture you get in the front of the box to catch the pitch before it rises. Today Walsjaper threw mostly off speed pitches and little to know adjustments made. Dalton kept getting jammed she never adjusted to get on the ball. I’m no coach by any means but those are common things for hitters.

Default Re: Serious Glasco question

1. ULL? Come on, now.
    2. He’s coached at 3 SEC schools as well as travel ball teams before coming here

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    1. ULL? Come on, now.
    2. He’s coached at 3 SEC schools as well as travel ball teams before coming here
    Also coached a championship winning Pro fastpitch team

4. Default

1. ul? Come on, now.
    I know but I’m asking like as in the best hitting coach? I’m not trying to be funny even at those schools nothing big was mentioned about hitting

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuncountry03 View Post
    Honestly had anyone ever heard of him prior to being hired at ULL? Just curious if he was known as one of the best hitting coaches around. All year he never made any adjustments to the hitters. For example if you are facing a rise ball picture you get in the front of the box to catch the pitch before it rises. Today Walsjaper threw mostly off speed pitches and little to know adjustments made. Dalton kept getting jammed she never adjusted to get on the ball. I'm no coach by any means but those are common things for hitters.
    Unfortunately, hitting is much more complicated than moving up in the box "to catch the pitch before it rises"! And pitchers and catchers can also make adjustments according to the hitters position in the box. Also, having coached high school for 20 years, and I'm not trying to say it's the same level, but sometimes even when you work on things often there are times the players just can't execute.

I know but I’m asking like as in the best hitting coach? I’m not trying to be funny even at those schools nothing big was mentioned about hitting
    All had their hitting improve once he got there.

Let's give him an entire offseason and some fresh recruits and see what happens.

8. Default Re: Serious Glasco question

Honestly had anyone ever heard of him prior to being hired at ULL?
    Who is ULL?

Glasco coaches at Louisiana

(I know your asking who the coach is, but first you should know the name of the program)

We had one of the best hitting coaches in the country coaching here at UL. Unfortunately, his continued antics eventually left the school with no choice but to relieve him of his duties.

Maybe Glasco isn’t as good of a hitting coach as Lotief. Very few are. But he is much more aggressive on the base paths and works to manufacture runs when his girls are struggling at the plate. That’s something the previous coach wasn’t known for.

Now it’s time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Who is ULL?

Glasco coaches at Louisiana

(I know your asking who the coach is, but first you should know the name of the program)
    What he said

I can't believe anyone wasted their time to answer this question and took this tool seriously.

Honestly had anyone ever heard of him prior to being hired at ULL? Just curious if he was known as one of the best hitting coaches around. All year he never made any adjustments to the hitters. For example if you are facing a rise ball picture you get in the front of the box to catch the pitch before it rises. Today Walsjaper threw mostly off speed pitches and little to know adjustments made. Dalton kept getting jammed she never adjusted to get on the ball. I'm no coach by any means but those are common things for hitters.
    You are not the coach of our softball team anymore, get over it.

If you were half as good as you think you are, you would still be coaching at the collegiate level.

The real question is why did the self-proclaimed "best hitting coach in the country" have to pack up and set up shop 250 miles away? Surely any parent in Lafayette would not allow their daughter to be around such a vile human being.

Instead of congratulating these young women for overcoming major obstacles, they raise their ugly twisted head at the first sign of Cajun Softball misfortune.

Bottom Line: I honestly feel had Lotief been the coach this year and had lost Denham, Craighton, Sanders, and also had no fall practice. he would not have ended up with as good of a season as Glasco had this year.

13. Default Re: Serious Glasco question

Anyone who types ULL on this board should be ignored and banned.

1. ULL? Come on, now.
    It would be awesome if this board would auto-replace ULL, and/or anything other than UL or Louisiana with ____________ like it does for curse words.

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    It would be awesome if this board would auto-replace ULL, and/or anything other than UL or Louisiana with ____________ like it does for curse words.
    Agree but I would take it a step further. Replace any reference that isn't Louisiana with Louisiana.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information