Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Serious Glasco question

Default Re: Serious Glasco question

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Yvette Gerard was very instrumental in the hiring also. for whatever that is worth
    Meh I prefer the opinion of Nation championship-winning coach

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Glasco just spoke about the power hitting aspect in his press conference. I know a lot have been concerned about the power hitting. He basically explained that trying to teach the power hitting swing/approach in-season just isn't the best way to go. They had to prioritize what they could do in such a short time. Instead, they focused on competing every day and working on hitting the ball both ways and being very aggressive on the base paths. He said that will be a big change once they get into fall. That's when they'll get the power swing and teaching those mechanics down.

I expect to see a significant improvement in that aspect next season, especially when you look at his track record.
    OMG, we actually hired a coach with Associate Head Coaching experience at two SEC schools that led the conference in hitting, and people on here are questioning his ability to coach hitting. I believe the majority on this board knew exactly what he was doing and why. I agree with him that you don't teach hitting in-season, but you can emphasize defense (not Lotief's strong suit, per D.J. in an interview at Oregon that most of practices were about hitting) and pitching. He really needs to improve on this season - wait, that would mean he would have to get to the Super Regionals.

The only downside I see on Glasceaux is that I believe he genuinely cares about what the fans think. I know he talks about how impressed with the fandom here at every opportunity. I would not be surprised if he did not take a peek on this board every now and then just to take the pulse of us fans.

I think Glasco is the new trend of UL coaches where their expectations are greater than anyone that came before them. Glasco said in his interview he was not happy with just making the postseason at minimum winning a regional every year. We will likely see the same mindset with Napier hold on Guys & Girls its going to get fun

Please turn the page. We’ll be fine.

I saw what Glasco had to say yesterday and was reminded of March, 2012. Baseball hired a guy named Matt Deggs who had an interesting philosophy when it came to hitting.

We didn't make the conference tournament that year.

But there was a comment he hadn't really put in his hitting system and that would happen in the fall.

Then 2013 came and we were in a regional final. 2014 we were a national seed.

Buckle up, folks. This is gonna get real fun, real soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information