Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Serious Glasco question

1. Default Re: Serious Glasco question

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    Agree but I would take it a step further. Replace any reference that isn't Louisiana with Louisiana.
    Especially considering we can't say things like ____ or ____ or _____ or ____ or balls or _____ or butt hurt or mother ____er. You know, normal stuff you see on message boards.

Default Re: Serious Glasco question

I think it's nice they let the mentally disabled use computers.

3. Default Re: Serious Glasco question

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Especially considering we can't say things like ____ or ____ or _____ or ____ or balls or _____ or -fumble- or mother ____er. You know, normal stuff you see on message boards.
    Come on, you know it takes "balls" to run a "SPORTS" message board. Well maybe a track and field board can survive without em.

4. Default Re: Serious Glasco question

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuncountry03 View Post
    I know but I’m asking like as in the best hitting coach? I’m not trying to be funny even at those schools nothing big was mentioned about hitting
    Apparently nobody has figured out this pitcher. She throws strikes and ground ball outs at an incredibly high rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Come on, you know it takes "balls" to run a "SPORTS" message board. Well maybe a track and field board can survive without em.
    why are some words underscores and others fumble?

6. Default Re: Serious Glasco question

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    why are some words underscores and others fumble?
    "Fumbles" are majorly offensive, without decency.

"Fumbles" also required more coding on my part, so I haven't written a fumble replacement in about 6-years.

7. Default Re: Serious Glasco question

For the record I did have erroneous "ULL" and -Louisiana Lafayette" references coded to say Louisiana. However more than a few web links to outside articles had the term in their links (including The Advertiser grrr) and the accurate change killed the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuncountry03 View Post
    Honestly had anyone ever heard of him prior to being hired at ULL? Just curious if he was known as one of the best hitting coaches around. All year he never made any adjustments to the hitters. For example if you are facing a rise ball picture you get in the front of the box to catch the pitch before it rises. Today Walsjaper threw mostly off speed pitches and little to know adjustments made. Dalton kept getting jammed she never adjusted to get on the ball. I'm no coach by any means but those are common things for hitters.
    Went back and found the announcement from the university about his hiring to update you.

https://ragincajuns.com/news/2017/11.?path=softball

The Crab Orchard, Illinois, native has raised the level of offensive production of each team he's been associated with since his collegiate coaching career began. He coached at Georgia from 2009-2014 and at Texas A&M from 2015-2017.

Glasco helped Georgia to a 282-92 mark as the team hovered near the top of the NCAA and SEC rankings in almost all offensive categories and set over 20 team offensive records during his six-year stay. The Bulldogs belted 85 home runs his first season (up from 26 the previous season) and later led the SEC in home runs during his final two seasons.

Georgia captured the program's first SEC Tournament championship (2014) and twice reached the final four of the Women's College World Series with Glasco on staff.

In three seasons at Texas A&M, Glasco restructured the offense and helped guide the Aggies' rise to the top of the SEC, culminating with a third-place finish in 2017. His clubs tallied 465 extra-base hits, including 213 home runs, and scored 6.1 runs per game. In his final two seasons, the Aggies were the SEC's home run leaders in regular season conference play.

Eight offensive records were broken under Glasco's watch at Texas A&M, highlighted by the 2016 season when the Aggies broke school records for runs scored (429); on base percentage (.437); RBI (401); total bases (852); and OPS (.988).

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Went back and found the announcement from the university about his hiring to update you.

https://ragincajuns.com/news/2017/11.?path=softball

The Crab Orchard, Illinois, native has raised the level of offensive production of each team he's been associated with since his collegiate coaching career began. He coached at Georgia from 2009-2014 and at Texas A&M from 2015-2017.

Glasco helped Georgia to a 282-92 mark as the team hovered near the top of the NCAA and SEC rankings in almost all offensive categories and set over 20 team offensive records during his six-year stay. The Bulldogs belted 85 home runs his first season (up from 26 the previous season) and later led the SEC in home runs during his final two seasons.

Georgia captured the program's first SEC Tournament championship (2014) and twice reached the final four of the Women's College World Series with Glasco on staff.

In three seasons at Texas A&M, Glasco restructured the offense and helped guide the Aggies' rise to the top of the SEC, culminating with a third-place finish in 2017. His clubs tallied 465 extra-base hits, including 213 home runs, and scored 6.1 runs per game. In his final two seasons, the Aggies were the SEC's home run leaders in regular season conference play.

Eight offensive records were broken under Glasco's watch at Texas A&M, highlighted by the 2016 season when the Aggies broke school records for runs scored (429); on base percentage (.437); RBI (401); total bases (852); and OPS (.988).
    Thanks, CajunAmos,

I was actually doing this by hand from the respective teams' website to respond and I concur with the figures in your post.

In response to CajunCountry's request if anyone had heard about Glasgo, Dr. Maggard did his due diligence and received high recommendations from SEC coaches, many of whom had ties to Louisiana and would not risk their reputation on supporting less than a highly competent coach.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCajun View Post
    Thanks, CajunAmos,

I was actually doing this by hand from the respective teams' website to respond and I concur with the figures in your post.

In response to CajunCountry's request if anyone had heard about Glasgo, Dr. Maggard did his due diligence and received high recommendations from SEC coaches, many of whom had ties to Louisiana and would not risk their reputation on supporting less than a highly competent coach.
    Alyson Habetz actually recommend Glasco to Maggard

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "Fumbles" are majorly offensive, without decency.

"Fumbles" also required more coding on my part, so I haven't written a fumble replacement in about 6-years.
    Proud to say I am fumble free.

Glasco just spoke about the power hitting aspect in his press conference. I know a lot have been concerned about the power hitting. He basically explained that trying to teach the power hitting swing/approach in-season just isn't the best way to go. They had to prioritize what they could do in such a short time. Instead, they focused on competing every day and working on hitting the ball both ways and being very aggressive on the base paths. He said that will be a big change once they get into fall. That's when they'll get the power swing and teaching those mechanics down.

I expect to see a significant improvement in that aspect next season, especially when you look at his track record.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Glasco just spoke about the power hitting aspect in his press conference. I know a lot have been concerned about the power hitting. He basically explained that trying to teach the power hitting swing/approach in-season just isn't the best way to go. They had to prioritize what they could do in such a short time. Instead, they focused on competing every day and working on hitting the ball both ways and being very aggressive on the base paths. He said that will be a big change once they get into fall. That's when they'll get the power swing and teaching those mechanics down.

I expect to see a significant improvement in that aspect next season, especially when you look at his track record.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Alyson Habetz actually recommend Glasco to Maggard
    Yvette Gerard was very instrumental in the hiring also. for whatever that is worth

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Yvette Gerard was very instrumental in the hiring also. for whatever that is worth
    I think she was consulted about possible candidates. I remember Coach Glasco saying that Alyson called him up personally.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information