Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: David Erwin "SAFE"

Default Re: David Erwin "SAFE"

His explanation was that he warned her because he thought the bat hit the catcher. He then initially called the batter out the second time then changed his mind. I was waiting for the Oregon coach to go ballistic on him. I wouldn’t hire Erwin to ump a t-ball game.

And another missed call on a tag at the plate. No excuse not to have replay in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    And another missed call on a tag at the plate. No excuse not to have replay in these situations.
    Yep. Catcher tagged D.J. square on the bum.

He just blew another obvious call at home plate. How is this guy allowed to umpire at this level of softball? Does it have to do with some type of affirmative action strategy by NCAA? I can think of no other explanation to allow an umpire who is this horrible to umpire D1 softball games.

The bum didn't see the tag on the bum. Pretty ironic the X-Cajun was called safe when she was clearly out.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    The bum didn't see the tag on the bum. Pretty ironic the X-Cajun was called safe when she was clearly out.
    Erwin is clearly a cultist.

Well maybe he is not biased for the SEC. Could be just dumb and blind.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    He just blew another obvious call at home plate. How is this guy allowed to umpire at this level of softball? Does it have to do with some type of affirmative action strategy by NCAA? I can think of no other explanation to allow an umpire who is this horrible to umpire D1 softball games.
    Can't give up on the guy yet, you never know if he keeps calling games maybe he might get a call right one day.

I got some screenshots on DJs safe call. I'll post when I get to desktop... OMG. David Erwin needs to go back to rec ball. This guy is a disgrace... bout as bad as some of the travel/rec umpires we run into. Terrible. Maybe it was just an honest mistake. Indiscriminately terrible and incompetent.

wow.

Attached Images Attached Images        

He's a cultist I tell you!

Seriously, that dude seriously is seriously incompetent. Seriously.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    He's a cultist I tell you!

Seriously, that dude seriously is seriously incompetent. Seriously.
    For anyone that played ball... those tags are simply not that tough to see. It's not easy with bang bang plays - ball arriving at the instant the player's foot hits the bag - or swipes just as player is touching the bag/plate. But our call and this call is just not that difficult to catch in real time. You look for the tag and you'll see it in real time. This cat just isn't very good at this.

He is a walking, talking billboard for instant replay!

14. Default Re: David Erwin "SAFE"

DJ has a "your out" butt bruise.

My only problem with sports: It teaches you to lie.

With all of the super regionals over it looks like the NCAA got what it wanted. No Cinderellas this year. Imagine that.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information