Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: SB Regional G1 Final: Louisiana 0, Houston 1

Default Re: SB BR Regional: Louisiana vs Houston

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Oh no, you don't understand, Glasco is the best coach ever, that's why our hitting has gotten worse and worse as the season progressed. He actually calls himself a hitting coach. Saying it does not make it so. But hey I digress, Sometimes I forget that Glasco is such a great coach.
    While I agree with some points, I don't relish in it like you. What this team has achieved in spite of all the surrounding issues is remarkable.. you sound like a bitter cultist who still crying in his/her hanky.

Oh no, you don't understand, Glasco is the best coach ever, that's why our hitting has gotten worse and worse as the season progressed. He actually calls himself a hitting coach. Saying it does not make it so. But hey I digress, Sometimes I forget that Glasco is such a great coach.
    So, let me understand this. The coach who inherited someone elses team at the last minute, minus the three "best" players...certainly, two difference makers as hitters, is a fraud???? What the _____ are you even talking about? At our best, in any given year, we've had 2-3 hitters that could change the complection of a game. The rest of the lineup were role players. You removed the 2 difference makers. The result would be the same regardless of the coach.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    No hits in the 5th. Mass got close, so that’s something.
    Not that it matters at this point but that was Watts with the deep ball to right

Get a room, you two little love birds you.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    While I agree with some points, I don't relish in it like you. What this team has achieved in spite of all the surrounding issues is remarkable.. you sound like a bitter cultist who still crying in his/her hanky.
    Granted, he’s done a great job this season. Really. But the “pass” for inheriting some tough circumstances and losing players is pretty much out the door. Struggle for conference game here and there? Yeah. It’s going to happen because the game is hard and the other team wants to win too. But to struggle at the plate with consistency when it matters falls on players not performing and coaches not preparing players.

Also, this team has played with little passion recently. It shows on the field.

Hitting has digressed as the season has progressed to the point that it took 14 innings of shutout pitching for the offense to plate 1 run against ULM. Think about that

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuncountry03 View Post
    Not that it matters at this point but that was Watts with the deep ball to right
    It means everything! You’re right, though. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Hitting has digressed as the season has progressed to the point that it took 14 innings of shutout pitching for the offense to plate 1 run against ULM. Think about that
    Agreed. Definite drop off since mid season.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Granted, he’s done a great job this season. Really. But the “pass” for inheriting some tough circumstances and losing players is pretty much out the door. Struggle for conference game here and there? Yeah. It’s going to happen because the game is hard and the other team wants to win too. But to struggle at the plate with consistency when it matters falls on players not performing and coaches not preparing players.

Also, this team has played with little passion recently. It shows on the field.
    I did say I agreed with some points. I'm just not using it as a Glasco bashing situation after one season. Our up coming recruits will make or break us. But Glasco knows this ...

Why is everyone worried? Stevie P said it’s better to lose today so that we could get to Sunday.....

_____ about the name, conference, whatever... kpel is as big a reason as any that we are still second level to everyone around here.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Not relishing at all and certainly not a bitter cultist. I just get very frustrated when we don't even stand a chance at the plate game after game.

All off season bull aside, this city knows softball. Collectively, a heck of a lot more than most. Myself included. This offense has regressed, though. Doesn’t take an expert to know that. It’s just frustrating to watch and you’ll certainly hear it from one of the top fan bases in college softball.

Putting a ball in play with a runners in scoring position and less than 2 ours should be routine. This team struggles at that. It’s like baseball and softball switched offenses at the half way point.

Watching Cajun’s softball have to play small ball and not be very good at it is a foreign concept.

The kicker is, in this regional, I wouldn’t be surprised if the win the darn thing from the losers bracket. They could also get 3 hit by Fordham tomorrow and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Why is everyone worried? Stevie P said it’s better to lose today so that we could get to Sunday.....

_____ about the name, conference, whatever... kpel is as big a reason as any that we are still second level to everyone around here.
    Wait...what?

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Wait...what?
    Did he really say it was better to lose?

Default Re: SB BR Regional: Louisiana 0, Houston 1

I don't know. I didn't listen. My comment was in response to it's KPEL's fault we are second level.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information