Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: BB G1: Louisiana vs ULM

Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana vs ULM

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I noticed something with him at the App series while watching in person. He does not have or should I say use great arm strength. From what I can see he throws the ball just enough to get the runner out.

Comparing him to Blake Trahan for instance, Blake seemed to have a lot more on his throws from SS to 1st base. As far as range goes, I think he and Blake are similar in that category, Blake maybe a little more range, but very close. Arm strength seems to be the biggest difference in the field.

At the plate, I really like Hayden. I think he will only get better. I really like the top of the lineup next year if everyone comes back, in any order:

Lahare, Bourgeois and Cantrelle.

I know that their BA is not where it needs to be, but it also seems like McKinnon and Windham are figuring it out late in the season and they are only freshman. The other one that is starting to put it together is Zach Lafluer, unfortunately he is a Senior. Since about mid season he has raised his average about 40 points. If these guys at the bottom of the lineup can help the guys at the top just a little bit we are a dangerous team.
    I won't compare him to Blake Trahan because that's a bit unfair to Cantrelle at this point. But they are entirely different looking athletes, Trahan was shorter and thicker, while Cantrelle is leaner and more fluid. Cantrelle's arm is not as strong, but he his body is far from developed at this point. He positions himself well, fields and throws in one motion to make up for his arm strength. Trahan's swings was more compact, thus hit with more power early on. But we got to see what Cantrelle can do last night going opposite field and his bat is not fully developed yet.

Trahan had it as well, as did Conrad and LuCroy. They were all big in the moment early on as freshmen. As I said, I have no idea what Cantrelle's ceiling is, but I'm very excited about the next two years for him.

Only called for 4 people to be terminated Hud, Scotty, Talbot & Wieland Im 2 for 4 as of right now

3. Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana vs ULM

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Soccer*
    Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Even with the strikeouts, he’s still 4/10 with 3 homers. OBP .500.

Find me a DH that’s had a better stretch all year on this team.

I’ll wait.
    Kennon Fontenot is 100x better. The question is who is better.Lott or Stover. I can’t answer that one. They are both poor hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Kennon Fontenot is 100x better. The question is who is better.Lott or Stover. I can’t answer that one. They are both poor hitters.
    2 of those are seniors. I’d rather have a bad soph at the plate to develop than bad hitters who will be gone next year.

6. Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana vs ULM

Over the long haul Kenon was better this year. Oh wait, Lott never, ever, ever got a long haul this year. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Over the long haul Kenon was better this year. Oh wait, Lott never, ever, ever got a long haul this year. Oh well.
    If you want to play everyday try not striking out over 50% of the time and get a walk every now and then. It’s that simple.

If you want to play everyday try not striking out over 50% of the time and get a walk every now and then. It’s that simple.
    If you want a stud to hit, let him hit and don’t jack with his swing. Go look at his summer league stats.

Lannister should have taken over Trump’s Apprentice show. Your Fired!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    If you want a stud to hit, let him hit and don’t jack with his swing. Go look at his summer league stats.
    I will not defend Talbot. I also will not defend a DH who can’t hit for us. We need someone who can put the bat on the ball. Since we have no one that can do that I guess Lott is our guy. On the bright side, Lott will not hit into many Double plays.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Only called for 4 people to be terminated Hud, Scotty, Talbot & Wieland Im 2 for 4 as of right now
    Keep up the good work. You may be a little too quick on the trigger. but we need your criticisms. We have plenty of people that will defend every single performance. They're scared someone might get their feelings hurt. I long ago accepted the college coaching profession as a pressure cooker. A very rare human finds refuge in a pressure cooker. Inside the pressure cooker, you either kick ___, or you get the ____ squeezed out of you. What you never do is voluntarily enter the pressure cooker. and then ask for pressure reduction. Keep applying the pressure and the heat. For every one of you, we have 20 moms at the ready to console. The supposed victims of your scorn are going to be ok.

12. Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana vs ULM

I guess none of that success is attributable to either the hitting coach or lack of real opportunities.

Later guys, playing the new City Park course today. I don’t hit them much better than Lott, so I should probably cut him some slack! Geaux Cajuns!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Lannister should have taken over Trump’s Apprentice show. Your Fired!!!!!
    He couldn't get on the show. Too many "The View" panel members on this forum wouldn't let him.

15. Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana vs ULM

Later guys, playing the new City Park course today. I don’t hit them much better than Lott, so I should probably cut him some slack! Geaux Cajuns!
    Well at least for you, a swing and a miss is not a stroke.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information