Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: UL Finishes Ninth At SBC Outdoor Championships

  1. Ragin' Cajuns UL Finishes Ninth At SBC Outdoor Championships



    Seniors Taylor Walker and Alena Hrusoci each turned in a pair of third-place finishes to earn all-conference honors and lead the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns track and field team on the final day of the 2018 Sun Belt Conference Outdoor Championships on Sunday at the Bobcat Track and Field Complex.


    The rest of the story

    LOUISIANA AC


  2. #2

    Default Re: UL Finishes Ninth At SBC Outdoor Championships

    That was pretty bad. Looking at the results, there were many events we didn't even have athletes entered in. How does that happen in a college program? Women finished 9th of 12 and the men did worse finishing 9th of 10.


  3. #3

    Default Re: UL Finishes Ninth At SBC Outdoor Championships

    These results are just unacceptable. We were not even competitive as a team. Track has such a tradition here. The facilities have improved. Not sure why we have such poor results.


  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    That was pretty bad. Looking at the results, there were many events we didn't even have athletes entered in. How does that happen in a college program? Women finished 9th of 12 and the men did worse finishing 9th of 10.
    Exactly. Did we have a bunch of sprinters quit? We had one person each in the M & W 100m and 200m. One person in W 400 and no one in the menís.

  5. #5

    Default Re: UL Finishes Ninth At SBC Outdoor Championships

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Exactly. Did we have a bunch of sprinters quit? We had one person each in the M & W 100m and 200m. One person in W 400 and no one in the menís.
    Heck I was thinking maybe they went on a short bus and could only bring 20 athletes.

  6. #6

    Default Re: UL Finishes Ninth At SBC Outdoor Championships

    Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    These results are just unacceptable. We were not even competitive as a team. Track has such a tradition here. The facilities have improved. Not sure why we have such poor results.
    All of our facilities have improved. Yet, we struggled in football, are struggling in baseball, Golf again finished 7th in the Conference championship, Tennis (both men and women) were one and done in the Conference championships, Cross Country finished 5th (both men and women) in the Conference championship, and Soccer again finished with a losing record 5-10-2.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    All of our facilities have improved. Yet, we struggled in football, are struggling in baseball, Golf again finished 7th in the Conference championship, Tennis (both men and women) were one and done in the Conference championships, Cross Country finished 5th (both men and women) in the Conference championship, and Soccer again finished with a losing record 5-10-2.
    I donít think Soccer has ever done well here. At least Volleyball has shown huge improvements, and thatís another program that seemed to be a dead end.

  8. Default Re: UL Finishes Ninth At SBC Outdoor Championships

    Actually weíve been pretty good in track and field from time to time.

    Softball, and baseball are the only sports weíve been good at for the long haul. Next is menís basketball. Aside from those we pretty much are run of the mill and worse.


  9. #9

    Default Re: UL Finishes Ninth At SBC Outdoor Championships

    Pathetic


  10. #10

    Default Re: UL Finishes Ninth At SBC Outdoor Championships

    Need to overhaul our Olympic sports program


  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Need to overhaul our Olympic sports program
    I agree this is unacceptable with new AD and facilities

  12. #12

    Default Re: UL Finishes Ninth At SBC Outdoor Championships

    A G5 schools with a small athletic budget like ourselves will not be competitive in all sports. I am happy with the sports UL is putting an emphasis on. I do agree the results are disappointing.
    I alway thought the coaches of the minor sports should get a four year contract. If big improvement is not achieved, move on to the next coach. I think the volleyball coach is an example of a coach who earned a second contact. The soccer coach is an example of one who should not be retained.


  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    Pathetic
    This is one time I'm damned well going to agree with you....

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    A G5 schools with a small athletic budget like ourselves will not be competitive in all sports. I am happy with the sports UL is putting an emphasis on. I do agree the results are disappointing.
    I alway thought the coaches of the minor sports should get a four year contract. If big improvement is not achieved, move on to the next coach. I think the volleyball coach is an example of a coach who earned a second contact. The soccer coach is an example of one who should not be retained.
    We are competing in the Sun Belt. There is no excuse for this type of result.

  15. #15

    Default Re: UL Finishes Ninth At SBC Outdoor Championships

    Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    Pathetic
    .....ok,how about this??? We drop menís track and replace it with wrestling and hire the football coach from Kaplan as the coach.....T in C!!! Lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 13th, 2017, 07:32 am
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 5th, 2016, 09:58 pm
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 11th, 2015, 12:58 am
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 14th, 2015, 08:15 pm
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 12th, 2013, 04:58 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •