Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 6, Texas State 8

Default Re: BB G3 GameON: Louisiana vs Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Well that was a perfect summation of this season right there in the 9th. Bases loaded and then 2 straight Ks to end it.
    .against their shortstop. Who pitched for the first time this season and got a save 🤬

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    OK.we have some issues to resolve to be back in form for 2019, still want to beat the Holy Scheist out of Tulane/ULM this week.

So you guys know.My son LHP/1B/OF is committed to Wichita for baseball & will sign in November. Came down to Wichita & Texas Tech. Tony was incredibly gracious but UL had no 2019 scholly's left for pitching. To be fair, my son didn't become a HS starter for Plano as a pitcher til this year, his Jr year in HS, somewhat of a late bloomer as a LH pitcher. Tony has a solid 2019 class coming so it's all good. I have seen 1st hand quite a few players committed to Arkansas, TCU etc this year and NONE are as good or better as UL's commits. TAMU has a couple that are exceptionsI expect both committed pitchers I've seen to be drafted.

Through my son's recruiting process is why I know Coach Glasco is doing a fantastically GREAT job. His first recruiting class that will be all his won't be til 2021.baseball/softball recruiting for top programs is now done 2-3 years in advanceAll the top 2018, 2019 and most 2020 top softball players were committed long before Coach Glasco was HC @ UL. He will have to build via transfers in short term.
    New softball rule preventing college coaches contacting girls prior to September of their junior year will change that plan

Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 6, Texas State 8

On a side note, went to the State Championships in Sulphur this weekend, Peyton LeJeune a 2019 commit from Teurlings had a great weekend. Threw against Parkview Baptist in semi’s Striking out 10, then in the Championship game against U-High went 3-4 with a HR, Triple and single. Projected as 3B

4. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 6, Texas State 8

You mean to tell me that the self proclaimed greatest pitching coach in america just lost another weekend series in the SUN WORSTdid coach cliche's pitchers just give up 17 hits in a game to a team with a 100+ rpi.nice job coach robetake a look in the mirror before you fire anyone on the staff or take away scholarships from great kids who trusted you to not abuse them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Irishcajun View Post
    On a side note, went to the State Championships in Sulphur this weekend, Peyton LeJeune a 2019 commit from Teurlings had a great weekend. Threw against Parkview Baptist in semi’s Striking out 10, then in the Championship game against U-High went 3-4 with a HR, Triple and single. Projected as 3B
    Hopefully Talbot doesn't teach him hitting. He'll be screwed for life.
    If he ends up pitching, hopefully it's in relief at first because our bullpen sucks. Of course Tony coaches pitching and that has sucked lately as well

6. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 6, Texas State 8

And he will be abused to the point of injury by a coach only trying to make himself look good.17 hits today.nice job tony!!!

Hate to be "that guy" but.we don't have enough pitching to win a tournament.

And I got to thinking today, outside of Gunner, are there any pitchers over the last. 3 years that have gotten better in their time here?

Guillory, Marks, Lee, Burk, all Friday starters at some point early in their careers. And all got progressively worse during their careers here. Guillory, and more so, Marks, transitioned into good relievers, but it's becoming a trend that talented kids come in, pitch well as freshman, and then decline as their careers progress. Batty and Perrin have regressed since the beginning of the season.

Stoelke ended up not even being a pitcher, then was the outlier in becoming a solid reliever this season. D. Moore has regressed big tine. Yes, I know he's fought some injury.

All of us blast Talbot for the lack of hitter development.actually the demise of some highly thought of guys.but let's be honest, it's not all that much different on the pitching side.

Hopefully there are glaring examples that I'm missing and I'm completely wrong, but it would be difficult to make a strong argument against this if I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Hate to be "that guy" but.we don't have enough pitching to win a tournament.

And I got to thinking today, outside of Gunner, are there any pitchers over the last. 3 years that have gotten better in their time here?

Guillory, Marks, Lee, Burk, all Friday starters at some point early in their careers. And all got progressively worse during their careers here. Guillory, and more so, Marks, transitioned into good relievers, but it's becoming a trend that talented kids come in, pitch well as freshman, and then go to crap as their careers progress. Batty and Perrin have regressed since the beginning of the season.

Stoelke ended up not even being a pitcher, then was the outlier in becoming a solid reliever this season. D. Moore has regressed big tine. Yes, I know he's fought some injury.

All of us blast Talbot for the lack of hitter development.actually the demise of some highly thought of guys.but let's be honest, it's not all that much different on the pitching side.

Hopefully there are glaring examples that I'm missing and I'm completely wrong, but it would be difficult to make a strong argument against this if I'm not.

Well I think Harris, Gunner, Schmidt, Marks, Guillory, and Carter were and have been pretty good in our program. Batty and Perrin are freshman and carried this team at certain points of this season. Dmo during his career was as good as anyone in the country that threw 86-88 mph for 2.5 years until his shoulder tear. So I’m not sure what u talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Irishcajun View Post
    Word is Tablot has these hitters so confused, no identity of what they want to be. Robe is loyal to a fault, hope this is not the case with Tablot
    They good bunters.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Hugely disappointing weekend for the Cajun faithful against a school we usually own. Bottom line, win the SB tourney or stay home for regionals. Don't see that happening with 2-1/2 starter's worth of consistent pitching and about the same number of hitters on the team.

I wanted to go to the games this weekend very badly, but my wife's surgery Thursday precluded that. Saved me a lot of heartache this weekend.
    Best of luck to you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Well I think Harris, Gunner, Schmidt, Marks, Guillory, and Carter were and have been pretty good in our program. Batty and Perrin are freshman and carried this team at certain points of this season. Dmo during his career was as good as anyone in the country that threw 86-88 mph for 2.5 years until his shoulder tear. So I’m not sure what u talking about
    You kind of made my point

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    New softball rule preventing college coaches contacting girls prior to September of their junior year will change that plan
    Too late for those commmitted. 95+% of the top 2020-21 softball prospects are committed. Coach Glasco had a relatively tiny window to get future commits in before change is official.
    If Napier can match Glasco in getting some 4-5 star commits.then sky is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Best of luck to you and your family.
    Thanks Dad04

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Too late for those commmitted. 95+% of the top 2020-21 softball prospects are committed. Coach Glasco had a relatively tiny window to get future commits in before change is official.
    If Napier can match Glasco in getting some 4-5 star commits.then sky is the limit
    Yes he did well garnering those commitments prior to the rule change. However, I don't think he can contact those early commitments now until they become juniors in September.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information