Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 6, Texas State 8

Default Re: BB G3 GameON: Louisiana vs Texas State

Wow.so much for an at large. Gotta win the tourney

What a ____ sandwich of a weekend

All for nothing. That’s a long drive home after flushing whatever at large aspirations you had. This team is not built to play well much less win 3 games in a row.

Stats

Attached Images Attached Images  

Inexcusable

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    Wow.so much for an at large. Gotta win the tourney
    Had every opportunity to win that game. It’s conference tournament champs or bust now.

Well that was a perfect summation of this season right there in the 9th. Bases loaded and then 2 straight Ks to end it.

I knew after the first inning when they couldn’t deliver the big punch even no outs, bases loaded and already 4 in that it would be a missed opportunity. The next 3 outs were consecutive and didn’t move any runners.

Then the pitching. Holy god, the pitching.

Even with all that if the umpire makes the right call we still win this game. Did we deserve to win no but those guys are paid a lot of money to get the calls right and could not. That's baseball.

Magic number to clinch the west is 3. It could have been 1 with wins yesterday and today. Can’t take advantage of the help when it’s given to us

Word is Tablot has these hitters so confused, no identity of what they want to be. Robe is loyal to a fault, hope this is not the case with Tablot

Hugely disappointing weekend for the Cajun faithful against a school we usually own. Bottom line, win the SB tourney or stay home for regionals. Don't see that happening with 2-1/2 starter's worth of consistent pitching and about the same number of hitters on the team.

I wanted to go to the games this weekend very badly, but my wife's surgery Thursday precluded that. Saved me a lot of heartache this weekend.

13. Default Re: BB G3 GameON: Louisiana vs Texas State

Not much to say. p/ssed away another 2 games this weekend.

Oh btw, Lott can hit.

OK.we have some issues to resolve to be back in form for 2019, still want to beat the Holy Scheist out of Tulane/ULM this week.

So you guys know.My son LHP/1B/OF is committed to Wichita for baseball & will sign in November. Came down to Wichita & Texas Tech. Tony was incredibly gracious but UL had no 2019 scholly's left for pitching. To be fair, my son didn't become a HS starter for Plano as a pitcher til this year, his Jr year in HS, somewhat of a late bloomer as a LH pitcher. Tony has a solid 2019 class coming so it's all good. I have seen 1st hand quite a few players committed to Arkansas, TCU etc this year and NONE are as good or better as UL's commits. TAMU has a couple that are exceptionsI expect both committed pitchers I've seen to be drafted.

Through my son's recruiting process is why I know Coach Glasco is doing a fantastically GREAT job. His first recruiting class that will be all his won't be til 2021.baseball/softball recruiting for top programs is now done 2-3 years in advanceAll the top 2018, 2019 and most 2020 top softball players were committed long before Coach Glasco was HC @ UL. He will have to build via transfers in short term.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    OK.we have some issues to resolve to be back in form for 2019, still want to beat the Holy Scheist out of Tulane/ULM this week.

So you guys know.My son LHP/1B/OF is committed to Wichita for baseball & will sign in November. Came down to Wichita & Texas Tech. Tony was incredibly gracious but UL had no 2019 scholly's left for pitching. To be fair, my son didn't become a HS starter for Plano as a pitcher til this year, his Jr year in HS, somewhat of a late bloomer as a LH pitcher. Tony has a solid 2019 class coming so it's all good. I have seen 1st hand quite a few players committed to Arkansas, TCU etc this year and NONE are as good or better as UL's commits. TAMU has a couple that are exceptionsI expect both committed pitchers I've seen to be drafted.

Through my son's recruiting process is why I know Coach Glasco is doing a fantastically GREAT job. His first recruiting class that will be all his won't be til 2021.baseball/softball recruiting for top programs is now done 2-3 years in advanceAll the top 2018, 2019 and most 2020 top softball players were committed long before Coach Glasco was HC @ UL. He will have to build via transfers in short term.
    Congrats to your son and your family.
    Hopefully those classes prove to be game changers for our program. We are in a dangerous place right now.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information