Thread: Robichaux: 'You hate to cover up all the good'

1. UL Baseball Robichaux: 'You hate to cover up all the good'

The bright side for the Ragin’ Cajuns: They took two out of three over the weekend from No. 15 Coastal Carolina.

The dark: UL fell 10-3 Sunday to the Chanticleers on M.L. “Tigue” Moore Field at Russo Park.

The bright side

2. Default Re: Robichaux: 'You hate to cover up all the good'

The dark side is tony hasn't been to OMAHA since 2000,,,for you fleur de leis fans, who can't do math, that's 18 years!!!

Default Re: Robichaux: 'You hate to cover up all the good'

Coulda sworn this dude pitched for us .
    "Batty made his first appearance since April 18 against Louisiana"

What I found very interesting and somewhat telling is a comment Robe made post game yesterday when he said, "we are a team that hides behind pitching." When he said it, he sounded very agitated and frustrated (at least as much as Robe can sound that way). I don't think I've heard him make a statement like this regarding poor hitting yet this year (I could be wrong). To me, this tells me that he knows a change needs to be made at the end of this year. Although, I could be reading too much into his statement.

A change in the hitting coach needed to be made last year. I knew that after talking with a player’s dad. Hopefully, this was his grace period and he will be gone at the end of this year. It’s just good to hear other say it. My comments last year seem to fall on deaf ears.

Earlier this year, Robe would say that we have to rely on pitching and defense because we are a team that doesn't score that many runs. To me, that was sort of a way for him to put it nicely that we can't hit. But like anything else in life, there comes a breaking point when something isn't working. Yesterday's performance at the plate might have done it.

He did complement the hitters for the Friday and Saturday games.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    He did complement the hitters for the Friday and Saturday games.
    This is true. And the comment that I referred to could have been just out of frustration after a loss, but based on some of his other comments during the season, I think he is upset that the lack of hitting could possibly cost this team a post season birth. Hopefully, we see a change next season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    What I found very interesting and somewhat telling is a comment Robe made post game yesterday when he said, "we are a team that hides behind pitching." When he said it, he sounded very agitated and frustrated (at least as much as Robe can sound that way). I don't think I've heard him make a statement like this regarding poor hitting yet this year (I could be wrong). To me, this tells me that he knows a change needs to be made at the end of this year. Although, I could be reading too much into his statement.
    He made the comment after the Fri. Night game that we need to get out of the habit of not hitting before April 1st

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    He made the comment after the Fri. Night game that we need to get out of the habit of not hitting before April 1st
    That would be very refreshing. Seems we didn't have that problem, oh say 4 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    That would be very refreshing. Seems we didn't have that problem, oh say 4 years ago
    Yeah. .what a coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Yeah. .what a coincidence
    Still don't think he makes a move in the offseason

13. Default Re: Robichaux: 'You hate to cover up all the good'

Robe is an idiot.it was HIS pitching staff that did not complete the coastal sweep by giving up 10 runs on sunday.that's the 8th time this year HIS staff has given up 10 or more runs in a gameget rid of him too!!!

Thread Information