Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 5, Coastal Carolina 1

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It didn't sound like his comment was based on first hand knowledge, rather from a few choice cherry picked relays.
    Probably right there

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: BB G2: UL vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Just to clarify, I was not lashing out at fans who voice displeasure strongly. I was simply pointing out that expressing their displeasure somewhere is a way of handling the disappointment.
    I was joining your conversation, not debating it, just to note that there's nothing wrong with fans sharing criticisms and helping each other figure their way around this joint. If someone on here hates certain kinds of Cajun fans. then you don't have very many Cajun fan friends outside of your little select circle. I have friends that couldn't have more polar opposite views. And they're all good fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I was joining your conversation, not debating it, just to note that there's nothing wrong with fans sharing criticisms and helping each other figure their way around this joint. If someone on here hates certain kinds of Cajun fans. then you don't have very many Cajun fan friends outside of your little select circle. I have friends that couldn't have more polar opposite views. And they're all good fans.
    Everyone who participates here wants our guys to win every time out. However I admit I don’t know nearly enough about what goes on out there to debate any coach or player, including basketball. While most agree with that, others need to be reminded at times of that situation

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    He has the holier than thou attitude?. You owe Robe an apology for having the holier than thou attitude just a few short 3 weeks ago on what needs to be done to run a (successful) D-1 Ball Club.
    Holier than thou is pointing out that you “can’t believe anyone doubted him”. I guarantee if you got Robe completely off the record, he would say we were playing ____ty baseball. And guess what? After those 3 weeks, we are still not a lock for postseason. I hope like hell we get in. Again, I’m pumped as hell we won the series this weekend and are pushing for a postseason run. Right now it all ends if we don’t win 3 straight in 3 weeks.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 5, Coastal Carolina 1

Everyone who participates here wants our guys to win every time out. However I admit I don’t know nearly enough about what goes on out there to debate any coach or player, including basketball. While most agree with that, others need to be reminded at times of that situation
    You are right. But to say, for instance, that at no time during the Baldwin seasons, that just because Baldwin and his staff, and every football player at that time, knew way more about football than 98% of the fans. they weren't worthy of any fan's criticism? Is false. That's certainly an extreme. And it had an extreme fan effect. But I have no issue with fans expressing their passion on here. I don't care if it ____es off coaches and/or the AD. That's the least of my cares. I also don't care if the fan thinks he's operating our program by virtue of his posting. and I equally don't care if a coach, the players, their moms, or a radio guy doesn't like it. or claim to ignore it. This is where fans air their thoughts. and get ample responses. It takes care of itself. I like all of our fans. Even that one dumb____ that posts on here. I even like him.

You are right. But to say, for instance, that at no time during the Baldwin seasons, that just because Baldwin and his staff, and every football player at that time, knew way more about football than 98% of the fans. they weren't worthy of any fan's criticism? Is false. That's certainly an extreme. And it had an extreme fan effect. But I have no issue with fans expressing their passion on here. I don't care if it ____es off coaches and/or the AD. That's the least of my cares. I also don't care if the fan thinks he's operating our program by virtue of his posting. and I equally don't care if a coach, the players, their moms, or a radio guy doesn't like it. or claim to ignore it. This is where fans air their thoughts. and get ample responses. It takes care of itself. I like all of our fans. Even that one dumb____ that posts on here. I even like him.
    Knowing more about the game than a fan is different than a fan knowing it is time to move on. The fan is the customer. Enough fans have to get on board for than to happen though and it was obvious that time had come for both Baldwin and Coach Hud. Although some fans want Coach Marlin replaced they are a small minority and virtually no one wants Coach Robe replaced (if anyone does he will not be taken seriously). I don't know Coach Robe personally but I doubt he will let opinions of others about his staff impact a decision in that regard.

I am not sure of who you are referring to but you are living the way the Lord suggests if you even like folks who irritate you.

8. Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 5, Coastal Carolina 1

Mike, you don’t have to be a chef to recognize a bad meal. You don’t have to know the first thing about baseball to know there’s no legitimate reason for this program to be hovering in the bottom ten of hitting in Div I baseball.

Why has our hitting gotten progressively worse over the last four seasons is a legitimate concern. Robe can pop poo those fans all he wants. There’s a reason and it’s not good. Either our coaches aren’t recognizing and getting good players, or they’re not properly developing them.

9. Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 5, Coastal Carolina 1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Mike, you don't have to be a chef to recognize a bad meal. You don't have to know the first thing about baseball to know there's no legitimate reason for this program to be hovering in the bottom ten of hitting in Div I baseball.

Why has our hitting gotten progressively worse over the last four seasons is a legitimate concern. Robe can pop poo those fans all he wants. There's a reason and it's not good. Either our coaches aren't recognizing and getting good players, or they're not properly developing them.
    Go look at St Peters stats. We have way to many that are way too close to theirs, for what ever reason. They need to figure it out and make the appropriate adjustments in the areas that need to be adjusted.

I would say we already have much better facilities. So it's not that.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread Information