Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 5, Coastal Carolina 1

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    I really don't have words for the the way I feel about this team. I took a step back and decided to just enjoy them for who they are.

After being out of the state for the last month and not having access to video, all I can say is that last night being at Russo in person I felt something that I haven't felt in a really long time watching Louisiana baseball.

There is just something about this team. It's not always pretty and it's well documented on what I feel about JT, but after the way we started the year, the way these guys have scratched and clawed back is great to see.

I wasn't a believer and I'll gladly eat my crow. Every thing else this year is lagniappe but I have a feeling this team has some major plans. Cheers guys.
    This

2. Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 5, Coastal Carolina 1

I just swept my apartment floor using a red broom I bought in 2014 as part of my sweep ritual. It's out of the players hands now and up to the baseball gods.

Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 5, Coastal Carolina 1

Those who have seen the scouts' radar guns say the scoreboard is 2 mph slow.

Bilous has three "plus" pitches. When he locates, he can be totally dominant.

Was discussing who to start after last night's game. Some say Perrin because LHP. But having Perrin as a change of pace between hard throwing right handers can confound the opposition.

Burk will get the start.

Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 5, Coastal Carolina 3

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Joe Robbins was an incredible defensive 3rd baseman. Windham is going to be better with the glove. He's incredible for a freshman. Now if only he could get the bat going
    Joe Robbins wasn't trusted with the bat until his redshirt sophomore year. His bat took time to develope. He was pretty shaky in that year too. Pulled off of everything. But his redshirt junior year it clicked. He started driving the ball to all fields. Windham is only a freshman and will develope the bat as well. He was projected to be a good hitter as well as defender coming up. He has a good swing and mechanics. Just needs to keep adjusting to D1 sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Well I guess Cajun Nation owes you a debt of gratitude for saving the season
    I didn’t do anything to save the season. I voiced my opinion on a message board. Keep up the holier than thou attitude though. Hindsight is 20/20. Long term trend is still that our offense needs to get better.

Here’s the kicker. I’m pumped that this team is putting it together. Imagine that!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I didn’t do anything to save the season. I voiced my opinion on a message board. Keep up the holier than thou attitude though. Hindsight is 20/20. Long term trend is still that our offense needs to get better.

Here’s the kicker. I’m pumped that this team is putting it together. Imagine that!
    No hindsight here. A month or more ago I posted this team had the pitching to win the Sunbelt tourney and predicted we would win it. Welcome back

No hindsight here. A month or more ago I posted this team had the pitching to win the Sunbelt tourney and predicted we would win it. Welcome back
    We have always had pitching. And if offense had been only average to start the season, we’d be talking regional host and not needing to win our conf tourney to guarantee post season.

8. Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 5, Coastal Carolina 1

I remember you rallying the troops for the future (with a plan)while acknowledging the 'in that moment' delima.

Default Re: BB G2: UL vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Heard him say more than once early in the season that we were going to get beat up plenty before the team finally gelled. I think they're gellin'.
    He also continually reminded them not to give up and that if they continued to work they could reap the rewards in the 2nd half. I never gave up on them but I did not think they had the God given talent necessary to have a winning season. Glad I was wrong.

Default Re: BB G2: UL vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    And then there are those that lash out at fans for lashing out. I've always wanted to meet that extremely special fan that always knows the perfect moment to fire a coach. and hire the new one. I've searched far and wide and just keep running into people that run their mouths about other fans who run their mouths.
    Just to clarify, I was not lashing out at fans who voice displeasure strongly. I was simply pointing out that expressing their displeasure somewhere is a way of handling the disappointment.

Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 5, Coastal Carolina 3

Just to clarify some of the blanket statements being thrown around here. Early in the season, our players were overmatched and were having horrible at bats. They were looking dejected and that they truly didn’t buy in to JT. In their defense, JT was putting them in bad counts and putting plays on not allowing them to just play. It was bad baseball period. Not one of us raising hell wanted this team to fail. And, speaking for only myself here, my call was to consider going a different direction with robe IF the season didn’t turn around AND he refused to make a change with JT. They’ve pulled it together. Maybe they’ve gelled. Maybe the system is working. Maybe these players said F it and are doing it themselves. I’m not going to forget the beginning of this season and I’m not interested in that being the norm for this program. I believe with the 2014 season and Russo park that we need to be stepping into the next level.

With that being said, get out the brooms! Let’s make a run! We have the pitching to win tournaments. And as stated in another or earlier in this thread, Fresno has a ring. Anything can happen.
    In his radio interview yesterday Coach Robe said the guys did a great job of not believing people who questioned their ability, toughness, and coaches. He was likely referring to this forum with that comment. As I have said before, those guys would be better off if they never knew one sentence of what was posted here.

Jack Burke to start them Perrin if necessary.

Stat line said 5,100+ last night. How’d did the crowd actually look?

He has the holier than thou attitude?. You owe Robe an apology for having the holier than thou attitude just a few short 3 weeks ago on what needs to be done to run a (successful) D-1 Ball Club.

15. Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 5, Coastal Carolina 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    In his radio interview yesterday Coach Robe said the guys did a great job of not believing people who questioned their ability, toughness, and coaches. He was likely referring to this forum with that comment. As I have said before, those guys would be better off if they never knew one sentence of what was posted here.
    It didn't sound like his comment was based on first hand knowledge, rather from a few choice cherry picked relays.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information