Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 5, Coastal Carolina 1

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Windham has made some bare-handed plays that even major leaguers would have trouble making.
    Windham has the instincts of a wizard, very good range and a strong accurate arm. He makes playing one of most difficult positions look easy.

For a long time I was not sure if this season resulted from mediocre recruiting.

It took a long time for offensive achievement to trickle down the line up and team to be a team, at the plate.

I now know this season might be Robe's best coaching job. He has made these guys a team.

Default Re: BB G2: UL vs Coastal

Score please. Mr/Mrs Raoul out of country.

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    Score please. Mr/Mrs Raoul out of country.
    Won 5-1.

Going for sweep tomorrow.

Perrin gets the nod?

GRrreat!!!

5. Default Re: BB G2: UL vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    He's been a stud at third. It's been a fun year to watch him play ball at the hot corner.
    so many different theories on the recruiting path.one which certainly has credence is the “I have seen him do it”.if he has done it he is capable of playing at a consistent level of a one time performance or my coaching him to play always close to thistaking it in a spectator form, we have seen the more than one time levels of very high performance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    And then there are those that lash out at fans for lashing out. I've always wanted to meet that extremely special fan that always knows the perfect moment to fire a coach. and hire the new one. I've searched far and wide and just keep running into people that run their mouths about other fans who run their mouths.
    Nobody knows, but’s here’s one that should stick.don’t fire coaches after a series loss or a blowout loss in the middle of the season. Wait till the end of the season and access where your program is. Making rash decisions like mid season firings makes your program look emotional and not tactical.

Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 5, Coastal Carolina 3

I really don't have words for the the way I feel about this team. I took a step back and decided to just enjoy them for who they are.

After being out of the state for the last month and not having access to video, all I can say is that last night being at Russo in person I felt something that I haven't felt in a really long time watching Louisiana baseball.

There is just something about this team. It's not always pretty and it's well documented on what I feel about JT, but after the way we started the year, the way these guys have scratched and clawed back is great to see.

I wasn't a believer and I'll gladly eat my crow. Every thing else this year is lagniappe but I have a feeling this team has some major plans. Cheers guys.

Amen RcL8.

Just to clarify some of the blanket statements being thrown around here. Early in the season, our players were overmatched and were having horrible at bats. They were looking dejected and that they truly didn’t buy in to JT. In their defense, JT was putting them in bad counts and putting plays on not allowing them to just play. It was bad baseball period. Not one of us raising hell wanted this team to fail. And, speaking for only myself here, my call was to consider going a different direction with robe IF the season didn’t turn around AND he refused to make a change with JT. They’ve pulled it together. Maybe they’ve gelled. Maybe the system is working. Maybe these players said F it and are doing it themselves. I’m not going to forget the beginning of this season and I’m not interested in that being the norm for this program. I believe with the 2014 season and Russo park that we need to be stepping into the next level.

With that being said, get out the brooms! Let’s make a run! We have the pitching to win tournaments. And as stated in another or earlier in this thread, Fresno has a ring. Anything can happen.

this team becomes much better when u take away the midweek games and a healthy pitching staff. Some guys that have had to carry us may not even pitch this weekend bc they not needed. We still have to many dead outs on the offensive side. Guys who have done very little all year that I still feel are not the kind of D1 talent we should be getting. But at this point it’s about winning and moving on no matter how u do it. Even if it’s ugly it’s still a win!

Why does title of thread say final was 5-3, when it was 5-1?

Joe Robbins was an incredible defensive 3rd baseman. Windham is going to be better with the glove. He's incredible for a freshman. Now if only he could get the bat going

I said at the halfway point that this team is mysterious. But at the same time, they don’t quit. And that’s just the thing about them. Even after blowing saves in certain games or losing to inferior teams, they still find ways to fight back.

Just a month ago, we were sitting with a 12-16 record and concern that we wouldn’t finish the season at or above .500, and now here we are.8 games above .500with a chance to make a run at the postseason. It’s amazing.

One game at a time

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Joe Robbins was an incredible defensive 3rd baseman. Windham is going to be better with the glove. He's incredible for a freshman. Now if only he could get the bat going
    I think he will get going at the plate. Too much athletic ability to not hit well.

This team got its small ball skills down early, but other teams could defend that one-dimension style. By sprinkling in some gappers and solid singles over the past dozen games, opponents cannot defend a short field and long field, at the same time. Outfielders can no longer cheat and play shallow on us, making small ball more powerful. Our speed is turning singles into doubles, doubles into triples.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Just to clarify some of the blanket statements being thrown around here. Early in the season, our players were overmatched and were having horrible at bats. They were looking dejected and that they truly didn’t buy in to JT. In their defense, JT was putting them in bad counts and putting plays on not allowing them to just play. It was bad baseball period. Not one of us raising hell wanted this team to fail. And, speaking for only myself here, my call was to consider going a different direction with robe IF the season didn’t turn around AND he refused to make a change with JT. They’ve pulled it together. Maybe they’ve gelled. Maybe the system is working. Maybe these players said F it and are doing it themselves. I’m not going to forget the beginning of this season and I’m not interested in that being the norm for this program. I believe with the 2014 season and Russo park that we need to be stepping into the next level.

With that being said, get out the brooms! Let’s make a run! We have the pitching to win tournaments. And as stated in another or earlier in this thread, Fresno has a ring. Anything can happen.
    Well I guess Cajun Nation owes you a debt of gratitude for saving the season

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information