Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 5, Coastal Carolina 1

Default Re: BB G2: UL vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Some fans get a little too much of a hard on with the prospect of firing a coach
    As a fan you are basically powerless to affect change when you are disappointed with your team. You either no longer have or never did have the athletic ability to compete at that level. Therefore the only response that helps you deal with the disappointment is to lash out at coaches/administrators. I always smile after things don't go well when a fan says a performance was "not acceptable". My immediate thought is well, what are you going to do to punish the ones who did not deliver an acceptable performance. In reality there is nothing anyone can do so venting is a way of relieving that frustration.

Well, tomorrow if we sweep that would be a monumental series of victories that I would not have thought possible. Well done TEAM!!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Nothing short of spectacular defense in the 7th inning.

Brian
    I said this exact sentence to my wife between innings. Outstanding baseball being played this weekend.

4. Default Re: BB G2: UL vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Hogan had some 94-95's tonight. Stolke hit 96. Idk how accurate the gun on board is but for what it's worth. I'd like to see Perrin shove it for 8 and Demo close it for a sweeeep
    Listened to 1420 while at the game. Early in the game , Jay said something about scoreboard speed was 2 miles slow. Every time they mentioned pitch speed afterward, the speed was 2 miles higher than what was on scoreboard.

The defense this club has played all year is really remarkable. Many times a guy can take a poor at bat into the field with him and it affects the way he plays. As poor a hitting team as it has been thru the majority of the year.that hasn’t happened. Kausuls has made some big time plays, Cantrelle has made some highlight reel plays, and Windham might be the best third baseman we’ve had and he’s only a freshman.

Windham has made some bare-handed plays that even major leaguers would have trouble making.

We have clawed our way to the top of the west. Time to separate ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Robe is a baseball coach. He can win crushing the ball. He can win with small ball. It’s amazing people doubt this man
    Heard him say more than once early in the season that we were going to get beat up plenty before the team finally gelled. I think they're gellin'.

1 pm tomorrow The show down to see if we have taken a significant or monumental step forward with this series. I say a sweep will be monumental going forward as it gives a cushion for when "baseball" happens

Hopefully no issues with curfew time tomorrow like we had last year

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Hopefully no issues with curfew time tomorrow like we had last year
    Was that the series that ended 1-1-1? IIRC, we should have won that series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Was that the series that ended 1-1-1? IIRC, we should have won that series as well.
    clear weather tomorrow so thats not going to be an issue

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    As a fan you are basically powerless to affect change when you are disappointed with your team. You either no longer have or never did have the athletic ability to compete at that level. Therefore the only response that helps you deal with the disappointment is to lash out at coaches/administrators. I always smile after things don't go well when a fan says a performance was "not acceptable". My immediate thought is well, what are you going to do to punish the ones who did not deliver an acceptable performance. In reality there is nothing anyone can do so venting is a way of relieving that frustration.
    And then there are those that lash out at fans for lashing out. I've always wanted to meet that extremely special fan that always knows the perfect moment to fire a coach. and hire the new one. I've searched far and wide and just keep running into people that run their mouths about other fans who run their mouths.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Windham has made some bare-handed plays that even major leaguers would have trouble making.
    He's been a stud at third. It's been a fun year to watch him play ball at the hot corner.

15. Default Re: BB G2: UL vs Coastal

A win tomorrow puts the Cajuns in the #45 RPI spot, as things stand at this moment. A loss at #55.

Winning 4 of our last 5 home games (Coastal Carolina, Tulane, and three vs. ULM) and 2 of 3 at Texas State would put us at about #47 as it stands now.

Of course, a win tomorrow would put the Cajuns at 7-7 against the all-important RPI Top 50 (definite feather in their cap). LSU also has the chance to move into the RPI Top 50 . adding two more wins to the Cajuns' RPI Top 50 record. Meanwhile, Troy is at #50 now (1-2 counting against the Cajuns' RPI Top 50 record) and South Alabama is at #52 (also 1-2 . but not part of the Cajuns' RPI Top 50 record).

Brian

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information