Thread: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 5, Coastal Carolina 1

Default Re: BB G2: UL vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Makes this forum tiresome at times.

Brian
    Agree. Worst part is they wanted to argue about it lol

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Agree. Worst part is they wanted to argue about it lol
    Book it they will come out in force to your post.and argue their pressure is the cause for the teams turnaround.

Huge series win. Great job boys and coaches!

Great 2 days and I'm happy for the players and coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    6 strikeouts 5 looking all on same pitch
    Change up was filthy. I was right behind it. Pumped fastball at 93 then comes with sick change up. Fooled our guys a lot in the first few innings

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
    Are we doing anything differently than the first half of the season or are we just getting lucky breaks? It seems something has changed.hitting is better for sure, but I also think the small ball is working better. Small ball seems to benefit us when we don't NEED to rely on it but have the option to use it to compliment our attack.
    In his radio interview this morning, Coach Robe credited getting the lineup set right as the key factor in having more success with the bats. I think putting LaHare in the leadoff spot was key. Having a guy who plays with so much passion start things off radiates to the rest of the team. I did not think it was possible to win this series due to the hitting prowess of Coastal. To date, they have scored two runs when either Game 1 or Game 2 was in doubt. Great job on the mound and in the field. Glad to eat some crow this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    In our last twenty games we are 16-4. There was the LaTech game where we feel asleep at the wheel and then three games that we lost in extra innings. Don't care how you do it that is pretty good baseball.
    I believe at least two and possibly three of those four losses occurred without Stoelke being availabe to close.

By the way, highest velocity tonight was Stoelke hitting 95. Hope scouts were paying attention. A lot of gas being chucked tonight.

Makes this forum tiresome at times.

Brian
    That is how fans react to losses. It is their way of venting. Many of them realize that firing every coach after every loss is not practical once they calm down. At the time of the loss they are so disappointed they don't know how else to respond. Goes for every sport. Basketball had the same response at the end of the season despite the fact that the health of the team going down was the main reason for the late struggles.

10. Default Re: BB G2: UL vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    By the way, highest velocity tonight was Stoelke hitting 95. Hope scouts were paying attention. A lot of gas being chucked tonight.
    Where did Harris top tonight?

I remember Bilous pumping 95 in Conway last year (and claims of 97) . though it depends on the calibration, gun, etc

Brian

Where did Harris top tonight?

I remember Bilous pumping 95 in Conway last year (and claims of 97) . though it depends on the calibration, gun, etc

Brian
    Hogan hit 93 quite often. Nick Lee hit 94 a couple times. All on the stadium gun so no telling on accuracy.

I don’t remember Bilous getting over 94. His change up was his best pitch IMO. His first pitch of the outing was a change up. He threw it to both righties and lefties and it froze them equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    That is how fans react to losses. It is their way of venting. Many of them realize that firing every coach after every loss is not practical once they calm down. At the time of the loss they are so disappointed they don't know how else to respond. Goes for every sport. Basketball had the same response at the end of the season despite the fact that the health of the team going down was the main reason for the late struggles.
    Some fans get a little too much of a hard on with the prospect of firing a coach

13. Default Re: BB G2: UL vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Hogan hit 93 quite often. Nick Lee hit 94 a couple times. All on the stadium gun so no telling on accuracy.

I don't remember Bilous getting over 94. His change up was his best pitch IMO. His first pitch of the outing was a change up. He threw it to both righties and lefties and it froze them equally.
    It looked like it had a bit of sink to it on the video. Bilous had much more of both control and command than he did last season. He has really struggled with the number of three ball counts and walks.

I do recall Harris and Lee both hitting 95 early in the season vs. Texas. Stoelke touched 94 at MinuteMaid . with a bunch of 91-93.

Brian

It looked like it had a bit of sink to it on the video. Bilous had much more of both control and command than he did last season. He has really struggle with three ball counts in the past.

I do recall Harris and Lee both hitting 95 early in the season vs. Texas. Stoelke touched 94 at MinuteMaid . with a bunch of 91-93.

Brian
    From tonight Bilous would go to that change when his fastball wouldn't locate. He had no problem locating that pitch. It had sink and arm side run. I think our righties that struck out looking was on the change every time. Probably because they were shocked to see a change up from a RHP. He has had command issues this season too but you didn't see it tonight. Another reason our batters were taking pitches. Game plan was to work the count and make him labor. I think he had 75 walks coming into the game tonight. After the 3rd it looked like our guys adjusted the game plan and started taking hacks. Kudos to Talbot on the job he has done this weekend.

Hogan had some 94-95’s tonight. Stolke hit 96. Idk how accurate the gun on board is but for what it’s worth. I’d like to see Perrin shove it for 8 and Demo close it for a sweeeep

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information