Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Walk on QB

Default Walk on QB

I had heard through the grapevine on reinhardt drive that with JD's departure, coach Napier might bring in a walk on QB, any word on who that might be? One very unofficial source told me maybe the QB from TCH this past year. Name escapes me at the moment.

2. UL Football Re: Walk on QB

Ha, going from six is too many quarterbacks to we need a walk on. So I’m guessing six is the number when you’ve got no real starter.

Default Re: Walk on QB

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Ha, going from six is too many quarterbacks to we need a walk on. So I’m guessing six is the number when you’ve got no real starter.
    Need a camp body more than likely

4. Default Re: Walk on QB

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Need a camp body more than likely
    throughout the years. Many from the scout squad have progressed to a starting positionreally one of the great things in sportswhen the coach realizes that he is trying to coach up the wrong guy5th team running back to all conference sometimes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Ha, going from six is too many quarterbacks to we need a walk on. So I'm guessing six is the number when you've got no real starter.
    Or maybe after spring ball he's realizing some of those six will never be college QBs, and he really only has 2 QBs on the roster now?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Intriguing.

6' 2", strong arm, good feet, intelligent.

I think you can copy/paste that for every QB signee Napier will have going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    I had heard through the grapevine on reinhardt drive that with JD's departure, coach Napier might bring in a walk on QB, any word on who that might be? One very unofficial source told me maybe the QB from TCH this past year. Name escapes me at the moment.
    There are several HS QB's walking on this fall, I believe the other is from Deridder HS.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    throughout the years. Many from the scout squad have progressed to a starting positionreally one of the great things in sportswhen the coach realizes that he is trying to coach up the wrong guy5th team running back to all conference sometimes!!!
    Or walk on to Heisman winner & #1 player selected in the draft

9. Default Re: Walk on QB

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Or walk on to Heisman winner & #1 player selected in the draft
    Yeah, I’m thinking he was being a little more selective than getting an offer from Hud. But that Wyoming QB asked everyone in the country for a chance and he ended up Okay.

Napier has to have a throw first QB in his system, and it's the only way this team can win against more talented teams, now and in the future. I'm confident he will find some to fit our new offense, his and our success is totally dependent on it. I don't care if it's a walk on or not, just find them.

11. UL Football Re: Walk on QB

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Napier has to have a throw first QB in his system, and it's the only way this team can win against more talented teams, now and in the future. I'm confident he will find some to fit our new offense, his and our success is totally dependent on it. I don't care if it's a walk on or not, just find them.
    You do realize there's a reason 99% of these walk on QB guys never start, much less succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Or maybe after spring ball he's realizing some of those six will never be college QBs, and he really only has 2 QBs on the roster now?
    If you are referencing Dion Ray amongst others, he looked pretty damned decent in the spring game. He even threw a nice deep ball and had a big hitter to Jacquet. I think he'd be better than just about any walk on you could get right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    If you are referencing Dion Ray amongst others, he looked pretty damned decent in the spring game. He even threw a nice deep ball and had a big hitter to Jacquet. I think he'd be better than just about any walk on you could get right about now.
    Unless we're running a true option offense, we wouldn't win a game with Ray at QB.

14. UL Football Re: Walk on QB

Nor a walk on.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information