Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2018 NOLA Bowl....

Default Re: 2018 NOLA Bowl....

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Wait until the Cajuns play in a different bowl. People assume we have a good traveling fanbase, but it's only because it's always been in NOLA. I travel to a lot of away football games, and I'm mostly alone. If we play outside of Houston, New Orleans, or Shreveport it will be embarrassing.
    It will take some time for attendance, and I'm not expecting huge crowds or anything if it is outside of those areas. The biggest factor to me is playing competitively with higher quality opponents. That's what will get national attention on our program.

The next time we are in a bowl game, we'll be visiting Mickey.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Attendance at every single one of the minor bowl games is always terrible unless one has a local team playing in it. Our fans will travel very well to New Orleans, Houston, Mobile, and maybe Shereveport, but any bowl game played in a city farther away than those four would see a huge drop off in the number of Cajun fans that show up. The people that run the minor bowl games know this better than anybody. That’s why the New Orleans Bowl loves us. This is not to say we should aspire to play in it every year, but I really don’t see a better option than the NO Bowl out there for us.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I predicted 10-2 for the 2017 season, and we were honestly a few plays here and there from such being a possible reality. Had a few things gone our way and it happened, 12-0 would be the logical goal for this season.

We got impatient in the leadership of the team, though, and fired Hud. Kind of interrupting the team vibe a bit.

This coming season is going to be rough with some growing pains. The first 6 games will really tell the tale. If we can come out of there 2-4 with a revenge win over a staunch NM State team, we’ll have a good shot at being bowl eligible at the end of the season.
    Runner still gone be runner.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Hate to break it to you but the more we win and sell out the Dome, the more we will be hated in Louisiana. I would love to be hated, it means we’re finally relevant.
    HoustonCajun got a little carried away with the love angle... but the hate you're talking about in this state... has a close cousin called "respect". I know you're in Metry... but in BR and other parts of this state... non UL folks went from looking at us as blowhard exaggerating athletic wannabes... to an aggravating athletic system on the rise. Everyone else in this state has simply held their position... while UL has moved up. Do they hate it? Yes they do. But they cannot deny it's happening. A packed Superdome would add to their angst.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Sat. Dec 15th

8pm CST

Book 'em Dano.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...ason-schedule/
    Best bowl for me at any level. Cash payout and national championship being the only exceptions

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I long for bigger and better bowl games. Been there done that....like 80 times already
    So which nearby SBC tie-in bowl would you prefer vs New Orleans Montgomery? Mobile? N.O. is the overwhelming best option for LA.

With the options available. And outside an undefeated season. I take NOLA every day of the week

9. Default Re: 2018 NOLA Bowl....

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    With the options available. And outside an undefeated season. I take NOLA every day of the week
    The location is the best "bar none" and what I keep reminding myself is that the bowl itself is different every season.

UL has never been to the same bowl twice.

I am more sick of this topic than NOLA. People say they want something different, but no one has suggested they would love to go to one of our tie in bowls and play lesser competition from the G5. Everyone wants to play in a New Years Bowl and/or P5 team Those are the only ones I would pay the cost of flying. When we turn down one of those we will have a legitimate gripe.

p.s. I am happy that the NO Bowl will be played after 12 noon.

You can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning. Just sayin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information