Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 12, Coastal Carolina 6

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Number 15 team in the country don’t get smacked in the mouth like that and not respond, would love to be wrong but fully expect a rubber match Sunday.
    Winning tomorrow would be the biggest accomplishment of the season for this team, and I like Harris on the bump for that attempt.

Default Re: BB Game On: Louisiana vs Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Yep. RPI up to # 53.
    LSU is not doing us any favors with our RPI this yr

Default Re: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 12, Coastal Carolina 6

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Winning tomorrow would be the biggest accomplishment of the season for this team, and I like Harris on the bump for that attempt.
    Harris matches up well on paper with their hitters. He can get the fastball up on their hands. Our staff has a good game plan for Harris pitching. For those at the game last night, you may have noticed several uppercut swings by Coastal hitters who are used to playing in a crackerjack ballpark. If Harris executes like we know he can, we can pin them down. As crazy said, we can expect those guys to come out aggressive after last night.

4. Default Re: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 12, Coastal Carolina 6

I also like Hogan's matchup with this team especially with the set up if them having been drummed at the plate last night. Sometimes (not as much of late) Hogan has issues with his control with teams who are patient and that tends to push his pitch count up. Like it has been said, these guys should be coming out aggressive and Hogan, with his upper end velo, stuff and variation in speed on his second and third pitches should keep them guessing. I hope he can go deep and if he does we have a great opportunity to get the series this weekend.

It’s after Harris i am worried about.

I've never been a fan of Hogan's mental makeup. But hopefully he comes out with some ____ you attitude.

And, the crowd really picked up. They announced 5008 and they were loud. Bleachers were nearly full for the first time in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And a hellofalot fun was had by all who showed up.
    Yep. Had a blast with my two daughters. Going back tonight!!!

RPI is up 8 spots to #53.

It’s after Harris i am worried about.
    If we win with Harris, I'm not worried about Sunday. My goal is to win the series.

CCU has been piecing Sunday together. Heard on the broadcast their Sunday guy has been in their coach's doghouse for some off field stuff.

Scored too many runs tonight, hope we can rebound Sunday.
    No we didn't. Without those too many runs we would have had our butts handed to us in the top of the 9th

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    No we didn't. Without those too many runs we would have had our butts handed to us in the top of the 9th
    If we had fewer runs, Lee or Stoelke would have started the ninth. But Lee didn't throw many pitches so the pen is fully stocked.

We're good.

I don't expect a lot of runs tonight. We're facing who I think is their best arm.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    If we win with Harris, I'm not worried about Sunday. My goal is to win the series.

CCU has been piecing Sunday together. Heard on the broadcast their Sunday guy has been in their coach's doghouse for some off field stuff.
    Unless Harris goes complete game,worried about after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Yeah.because we definitely throw chaumont with a smaller lead instead of lee or stoelke.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I've never been a fan of Hogan's mental makeup. But hopefully he comes out with some ____ you attitude.

And, the crowd really picked up. They announced 5008 and they were loud. Bleachers were nearly full for the first time in a while.
    Most energetic crowd in 2 years, outside of the tiggah game. Buzz was back.

The murmurs started in the 9th, but of course, Mike was told to go out there and split the plate. I take nothing at all away from those late hits.

Regardless of what happened in the 9th, we should still have a decent bullpen ready to go. What was helpful with Lee last night was that he didn’t throw that many pitches when he came in (~10–12?), so he would be able to come in maybe tomorrow if need be.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information