Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 12, Coastal Carolina 6

Default Re: Coastal Carolina G1

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    So they hit great, defend well, and pitch okay, it's like the inverse of Robe's philosophy.

I really think pitching will be key for us. We have to keep the runs down to have a chance.
    I think Robe would like to hit great, also. Maybe the inverse of Robe's results this season.

Yes and yes.

Well, our season boils down to this series . 2 out of 3 is a must to keep hope of that slight ray of hope. Geaux Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    The Chants are starting Sr. RHP Zack Hopeck, who is 4-3 in 11 starts. He has 63.2 IP 3.96 ERA, 57 K and 20 BB. Coastal has a very deep bullpen with eight guys throwing over 20 IP. Coastal has surrendered 214 runs in 45 games, 4.75 runs per game.

Offensively they slug .483 and get on base .405, hitting 59 HR. they have 109 doubles. They field well at .974.
    Hopeck was their Sunday guy at the beginning of the season. Moved to Saturday and then to Friday. Jason Bilous, their Saturday starter, has electric stuff but has serious control issues. He was moved off Friday after issuing ten walks in 3 plus innings. But he's in the upper 90s and averages almost 12K per 9 innings.

I read about Bilous being a possible top 100 draft pick going into the season. He was drafted by the Dodgers out of HS, I think.

Maybe we get a few free bases Saturday. By a few bases, I mean many, many, many bases.

I feel like an addict, that is finally getting his fix tonight and this weekend, after a lot of abstention.

6. Default Re: Coastal Carolina G1

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I read about Bilous being a possible top 100 draft pick going into the season. He was drafted by the Dodgers out of HS, I think.

Maybe we get a few free bases Saturday. By a few bases, I mean many, many, many bases.
    We had plenty of free bases (and mislocated pitches) when we faced him in Conway last season.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    No way they bussed here from SC. Maybe the bus was closer due to others events we don't know about. Doesn't mean it came directly from Conway.
    Yep the bus probably happened to be empty in this area near a local airport and just picked them up. That kind of $!h+ happens every day My money is on they bussed here in the schools bus for 13 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Yep the bus probably happened to be empty in this area near a local airport and just picked them up. That kind of $!h+ happens every day My money is on they bussed here in the schools bus for 13 hrs.
    My daughter said she saw the bus with "Coastal Carolina University" on the side of it. They were leaving the hotel with the players off to a lunching date.

After reading all the post it seems to me we don't have a chance in hell to come out a series winner. We are beat before we start the damn game.

10. Default Re: Coastal Carolina G1

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    After reading all the post it seems to me we don't have a chance in hell to come out a series winner. We are beat before we start the damn game.
    Well, we playing in Russo, they haven't played away from their small park much this year and certainly have not played often in front of a crowd like I hope they see this weekend - so - as we are not playing in hell, we have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Well, we playing in Russo, they haven't played away from their small park much this year and certainly have not played often in front of a crowd like I hope they see this weekend - so - as we are not playing in hell, we have a chance.
    I hope the crowd is good I have talked to 7 faithful fans that go to every game and are watching on TV tonight because of the parking fiasco.

I hope the crowd is good I have talked to 7 faithful fans that go to every game and are watching on TV tonight because of the parking fiasco.
    That's crazy. It's just a short walk (even without a pass).

“It’s only a few extra yards to walk. Such complainers.”

14. Default Re: Coastal Carolina G1

Really sad event for this board if the parking thread runs fans off by making something a much bigger deal that it actually is. We will see.

I'm hoping that it being on TV is really what did it as opposed to the thread.

I really think KK's post was click baiting as opposed to what he really said.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Cajuns win 2/3 this weekend. Mark it.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information