Thread: Robichaux on McKinnon: 'Such a warrior'

1. UL Baseball Robichaux on McKinnon: 'Such a warrior'

Ragin' Cajuns catcher Kole McKinnon has worked every inning since Handsome Monica got hurt in UL's season opener.

Default Re: Robichaux on McKinnon: 'Such a warrior'

Know he is struggling at the plate, but he is taking one for the team. Catching every inning like Nick had to do a couple of years ago.

And he has a helluva arm. Threw a guy out from his knees the other day.

Mrs Raoul is from Iola Kansas, home of Allen County Community College, the main campus, I think. Small world.

5. Default Re: Robichaux on McKinnon: 'Such a warrior'

Dad posted recently that McKinnon was batting over .300 with several RBI and OBP one of the highest on the team, over the last 3 weeks. His at bat against UNO was a big reason we won that game. He's also cut his strikeout rate in half. I wouldn't describe him as struggling at the plate.

His defense has also been overlooked. Leaumont has wicked breaking stuff and Kole blocked everything he threw. Also did an outstanding job adjusting to DMo, who he has sometimes struggled to catch.

If we can make a run, Kole McKinnon will be a big reason why.

Good article. McKinnon is not getting more hits (his BA has not improved) but he is driving in more runs over the past few weeks. Hope he can continue his timely hitting and draw more walks.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Dad posted recently that McKinnon was batting over .300 with several RBI and OBP one of the highest on the team, over the last 3 weeks. His at bat against UNO was a big reason we won that game. He's also cut his strikeout rate in half. I wouldn't describe him as struggling at the plate.

His defense has also been overlooked. Leaumont has wicked breaking stuff and Kole blocked everything he threw. Also did an outstanding job adjusting to DMo, who he has sometimes struggled to catch.

If we can make a run, Kole McKinnon will be a big reason why.
    I think he has done an outstanding job behind the plate given the circumstances and his hitting has been more timely but not sure where dad got that .300. I was wondering so looked at his stats and even if you look at last 5 or 10 games you don't get close to .300

Bottom line is I do think he is improving and just hope he can stay healthy because we definitely need him.

He's improved a little. .200 starting in the App series.

9. Default Re: Robichaux on McKinnon: 'Such a warrior'

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I think he has done an outstanding job behind the plate given the circumstances and his hitting has been more timely but not sure where dad got that .300. I was wondering so looked at his stats and even if you look at last 5 or 10 games you don't get close to .300

Bottom line is I do think he is improving and just hope he can stay healthy because we definitely need him.
    Noted.
    Still seems like he's having much more productive at bats, and as I've said repeatedly, his defense and attitude have been a huge uplift to the team. Like Willy mentioned, his throw to second from his knees was major league stuff.

Thread Information