Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: BB: We are going to make a regional

Default BB: We are going to make a regional

We are #5 RPI in the SBC.
    We are #5 overall record in the SBC.
    This squad has clawed their way back from the grave.

We are 11-4 in our last 15. We have 15 games left. We finish those at 11-4, that would put us at 33-23 overall. A couple of wins in the conference tourney we're at 35 and a safe bet for an at-large.

Default Re: We are going to make a regional

IF we make a regional, big IF, Robe has done his best coaching job. With this team, that remaining record could easily be flipped.

3. Default Re: We are going to make a regional

this team has been all over the map. In terms of wins and losses, though, they have gained some traction of late. I’m hoping for a strong finish, win the West, and use the momentum of a home conference tournament for a strong showing. But as Beau pointed out, with this teams inconsistency all year, that 11-4 finish could be 4-11 with our guys working the concession stand at the Sun Belt tourney lol

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    We are #5 RPI in the SBC.
    We are #5 overall record in the SBC.
    This squad has clawed their way back from the grave.

We are 11-4 in our last 15. We have 15 games left. We finish those at 11-4, that would put us at 33-23 overall. A couple of wins in the conference tourney we're at 35 and a safe bet for an at-large.

I don't think that gets us an at large bid. Getting to the conference finals might be enough for that invitation but I doubt it. However, if he pitching staff is completely healthy by the time of the conference tournament, they have as good a chance as anyone to win it. I remind people once again that at least three games with multi run ninth inning leads were blown due to not having Stoelke. He may be the key guy going forward.

5. Default Re: We are going to make a regional

Mike, I think your entire assessment seems spot on. Hopefully they can keep some momentum going and peak at the right time of year.

You. OPare messing with the RP beatch in. I’m in I said a few weeks ago our pitching staff is tournament ready. Just a question of which regional

Default Re: BB: We are going to make a regional

A 5-0 record this week would help 😎😎😎😎😎

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don't think that gets us an at large bid. Getting to the conference finals might be enough for that invitation but I doubt it. However, if he pitching staff is completely healthy by the time of the conference tournament, they have as good a chance as anyone to win it. I remind people once again that at least three games with multi run ninth inning leads were blown due to not having Stoelke. He may be the key guy going forward.
    D1baseball thinks the Cajuns are legitimate at-large contenders - with work still to do - currently listed as "bubble-out"

I think that 11-4 from here on out, putting us at 33-23, with a decent showing in the conference tournament - at least 2-2 - putting us at 35-25 - gives us a decent shot at an at-large IF the Cajuns can win the West and claim the #2 seed. RPI at 35-25 with the Cajuns SOS should be around 40. But lots of variables. I'd rather just win the conference tournament championship on our own field.

Then go win regional.

Then fire Talbot anyway - because all this will have been accomplished in spite of his presence.

I think we SHOULD get to a regional. Do we? tbd

Making a regional will save Talbot

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Making a regional will save Talbot
    No it won’t. Robe controls Talbots fate, whether we make a regional or not is irrelevant.

If I were to make an honest assessment of our hitting over the last 4 years it would be substandard. That aspect of the game has been our downfall in that timespan. But in order for Robe to replace him, he would have to find a guy who fits in the type of system Robe wants to play.

Deggs was an anomaly not the norm under Robe. So I wouldn’t expect another aggressive hitting coach to be hired under Tony.

12. Default Re: BB: We are going to make a regional

I am thrilled that we have more delusional baseball fans than just me
    (I'm a self professed unrealistic optimist when it comes to baseball)

Let’s just beat LATURD first. If last week’s performance at home was any indication of how this series will go, playing them on the road could be depressing. Go 4-1 or 5-0 this week, then start with the regional talk.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    No it won’t. Robe controls Talbots fate, whether we make a regional or not is irrelevant.

If I were to make an honest assessment of our hitting over the last 4 years it would be substandard. That aspect of the game has been our downfall in that timespan. But in order for Robe to replace him, he would have to find a guy who fits in the type of system Robe wants to play.

Deggs was an anomaly not the norm under Robe. So I wouldn’t expect another aggressive hitting coach to be hired under Tony.
    I think this one is out of Robe's hands Admin will force him to make a move. Too much money will be left on the Table is Talbot is here next year.

15. Default Re: BB: We are going to make a regional

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I think this one is out of Robe's hands Admin will force him to make a move. Too much money will be left on the Table is Talbot is here next year.
    Im struggling with this.
    Do people really think Maggard is going to "force" Robe to fire someone? Even entertaining that idea, do people really think that wouldn't be a huge mistake?

Robe knows what he needs to do. As much as I like Bryan, if he were to try to "force" Robe to do anything, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Having said that, I don't for one second believe that's going to happen.

(And btw, I know you have some access to people that matter. I'm genuinely curious if thats what they think)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information