Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 7, Litte Rock 9

Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

9-4 in one run games. 4-3 in two run games. We are winning the close ones(these are the games coaching decisions have the most impact) We are not scoring enough runs.period. I understand managers get second guessed, but we are getting it done when one of our frontline starters pitch.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    9-4 in one run games. 4-3 in two run games. We are winning the close ones(these are the games coaching decisions have the most impact) We are not scoring enough runs.period. I understand managers get second guessed, but we are getting it done when one of our frontline starters pitch.
    Pitching and defense (though elite for 8 innings) cost us this game. And have cost us about 5-7 other games.

This team has been an equal opportunity offender.

3. Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Pitching and defense (though elite for 8 innings) cost us this game. And have cost us about 5-7 other games.

This team has been an equal opportunity offender.
    Please find 7 games where hitting was acceptable AND we lost because of pitching and/or defense. I'll hang up and listen.

Today was defense that cost us this game without a doubt

5. Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    Today was defense that cost us this game without a doubt
    There were defensive plays made today that kept us in this game also. So, if you want to ignore the runs which were not scored because of those plays and just look at the one misplayed ball in the outfield then ok.

Edit: by the way, I'm pretty sure that play was not scored as an error.

Rove said we make that play we win so I guess he is wrong also we should have closed it out and didnt

7. Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

Rove said we make that play we win so I guess he is wrong also we should have closed it out and didnt
    And if we don't make many of the other defensive plays we made, we are not in that position - so - Robe then clearly retracted and said we lose as a team and no one play loses a game.

8. Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

We should have made that play and closed out the game with a W. But you can't blame the loss on one damn play and blanketly blame "defense" for losing the game. We played defense for almost 9 innings through that time and executed on a number of hustle plays today (which is all defense) that probably changed the game in our favor. Hypothetically, so when 4 plays place you at a point where you are in a position to win and 1 takes you out, is it defense that lost the game? If not for the 4 plays, the 1 may have been totally irrelevant and just marked up as another play to just b-t-c-h about.

National ranks

Fielding % #18
    ERA #82
    BA #289

Look at individual games all you want. If we were hitting, we could have lost this game and no one would care because we’d have a handful more wins and be leading the sunbelt.

10. Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

Just off the top of my head, Friday wright state, Friday and Saturday Ark St, first game with Southern Miss, Saturday Texas game, Kentucky in the Shriners, first southeastern game, Tech last week, Saturday South Al game, and Today. I'm sure here are others.

Now shut your whiney ___ up
    Friday Wright st we scored 3
    Thurs Ark St - give u that one scored 7
    Friday Ark St - we scored 2
    First game So Mss - give you that we scored 8
    Sat Texas we scored 3
    Kentucky we scored 4
    First SE game we scored 2
    Tech we scored 2 in last inning down 15
    Sat So Al game we scored 3.
    Today's game - I give you that one.

You have given 3 games that are reasonably in support of your position. The rest are arguably just as much the result of poor offense as opposed to either defense or pitching. You are a blowhard and have no problem being intellectually dishonest to make your point.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Not a fan of this stat. How many of those games did we have in hand and barely hang on or have to come back in our last at bat? I don’t know the answer to that question. That stat could easily show we aren’t able to put teams away just as much as we can win in crunch time.

Not buying that Mike. Not today. He had the entire bullpen, including Leaumont, available. There was no reason to leave Nick out there. He left Jack out on the mound too long as well, but Jack got some stellar defensive help. And battled his ___ off.
    Nick did not appear to have his best stuff and perhaps should have been pulled. No argument there. However, had Stoelke been available he probably would have been the one called on.

13. Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

Just a note on the runs scored against Burkwind took the HR over the fence and thus could have been a pop flygrounder over the 3rd baseman's headpop up between 3 guysbaby bounce off of mound.slow hit grounder up the middlehit batsman with 2 strikessomebaseball gods stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    No ____ Sherlock. And if we don't make many of the other defensive plays we made, we are not in that position - so - Robe then clearly retracted and said we lose as a team and no one play loses a game.
    Man you are touchy lately

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Just a note on the runs scored against Burkwind took the HR over the fence and thus could have been a pop flygrounder over the 3rd baseman's headpop up between 3 guysbaby bounce off of mound.slow hit grounder up the middlehit batsman with 2 strikessomebaseball gods stuff!!!
    That same wind helped Windham hit a HR, and I can’t count on two hands how many games we’ve won this year with in-field bounders and bloops.

LR gifted us two runs as well.

From coaches to players, we gave the game away. Again.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information