Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 7, Litte Rock 9

Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

Quote Originally Posted by BBcajun View Post
    So you blaming this one on Talbot ?? Hmmmm.
    You haven’t figured this out yet? A loss, blame the coach. A win, give credit to the players. I think it is the way college sports fans think these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    We didn't hire Talbot until Deggs was long gone. They did have history together years before. Not necessarily a long history. Harvel was Deggs' guy while he was with us and he took him with him to SHSU
    Talbot and Deggs were together at A&M. Deggs’ book mentions their time together a good bit. But when Deggs got a HC job, he didn’t bring Talbot with him to continue the system they put in place at A&M

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Great game thread. Angel, this team is very easy to figure out. They are not a top 50 program this year. We do have a few excellent pitchers and a solid defensive infield so when the pitchers are on it looks like we a regional type team. But peel away the first few layers of the onion and there is nothing inside. We have a shallow bullpen and are a nightmare at the plate. On any regional team only the first 3 hitters would be given significant playing time. (And obviously 5-6 of our pitchers)
    Would things have been different today had Stoelke been available. This is at least the third game in which we have had a multi run lead in the ninth and could not hold on when he could not go. Hard to say if this would have been one of them due to wind aided fly ball problem in the ninth inning. Outfielders had a tough choice today. Play shallow and you get the balls over your head. Play deep and you get blooped to death. Of course our opponent had the ability to get the ball in the air a little more than our guys. Back to my original point. You can't measure how important our regular closer is to this team.

4. Default

You haven’t figured this out yet? A loss, blame the coach. A win, give credit to the players. I think it is the way college sports fans think these days.
    Ever notice how Metry only shows up to trash our teams?

That is what many coaches say should be done. They protect their players that way.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Would things have been different today had Stoelke been available. This is at least the third game in which we have had a multi run lead in the ninth and could not hold on when he could not go. Hard to say if this would have been one of them due to wind aided fly ball problem in the ninth inning. Outfielders had a tough choice today. Play shallow and you get the balls over your head. Play deep and you get blooped to death. Of course our opponent had the ability to get the ball in the air a little more than our guys. Back to my original point. You can't measure how important our regular closer is to this team.
    Not buying that Mike. Not today. He had the entire bullpen, including Leaumont, available. There was no reason to leave Nick out there. He left Jack out on the mound too long as well, but Jack got some stellar defensive help. And battled his ___ off.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Ever notice how Metry only shows up to trash our teams?
    I don't think he was trashing the team in that post. I think he was simply stating how many fans react to wins and losses-not just here but everywhere. Coach Marlin was great for most of the season and then he was below average in the late season slump which was directly related to health issues. That did not matter to many fans and that would have been the case wherever a situation like that occurred. Similar situation to baseball in that closer has not been available for awhile and staff gets bulk of criticism. That is the way they would want it however.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Yes. When you lose a player with a 1.40 era, you do not get better. Lee was getting hit pretty good. Stoekle probably would have come in to finish it off.

9. Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

I didn't say you were criticizing. I believe we both were referring to the person who made the post about Deggs leaving Talbot. But go on big man, rant away!
    I just looked at YOUR reply to MY post. Maybe it was a poor choice of a post to make that reply too. Sounds like we on the same page on this one then.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Talbot and Deggs were together at A&M. Deggs’ book mentions their time together a good bit. But when Deggs got a HC job, he didn’t bring Talbot with him to continue the system they put in place at A&M
    So the theory is that Deggs thinks secretly Talbot is a terrible coach because he didn’t hire him for the SHSU job, but thinks enough of him to put him in his book talking about a system they put in together? Seems far fetched to me but okay.

To me Deggs hiring Talbot would be like Robe hiring someone with his same expertise, knowledge and credentials. Seems like it would be a poor decision. Meanwhile Harvell assisting Deggs helped put together a record setting offense at a mid major. Harvell was probably cheaper as well as I believe he was a nonpaid assistant with us

11. Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

So the theory is that Deggs thinks secretly Talbot is a terrible coach because he didn't hire him for the SHSU job, but thinks enough of him to put him in his book talking about a system they put in together? Seems far fetched to me but okay.

To me Deggs hiring Talbot would be like Robe hiring someone with his same expertise, knowledge and credentials. Seems like it would be a poor decision. Meanwhile Harvell assisting Deggs helped put together a record setting offense at a mid major. Harvell was probably cheaper as well as I believe he was a nonpaid assistant with us
    Talbot was out of baseball, and apparently available as he came to replace Deggs here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post

I just looked at YOUR reply to MY post. Maybe it was a poor choice of a post to make that reply too. Sounds like we on the same page on this one then.
    I replied to your post replying to mine where we both referred to someone else's post. We are almost at the 4th level of inception. I'm glad we are back on the same page though

Fellas,brothers, we in a mediocre season. God knows why etc. Let's just Hope Robe does what any CEO would do. A complete evaluation and reboot.

14. Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

I replied to your post replying to mine where we both referred to someone else's post. We are almost at the 4th level of inception. I'm glad we are back on the same page though
    🤔👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Talbot was out of baseball, and apparently available as he came to replace Deggs here.
    Where we were a team that needed someone with Deggs’ knowledge and ability. SHSU already had that with the hiring of Deggs

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread Information