Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 7, Litte Rock 9

1. Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Someone mentioned this to me the other day. Why did deggs scoop up Harvell so quick but left talbot behind???
    The nice guy that he is, he was leaving Talbot for Robe to replace him - the next best thing, remember?

Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

Great game thread. Angel, this team is very easy to figure out. They are not a top 50 program this year. We do have a few excellent pitchers and a solid defensive infield so when the pitchers are on it looks like we a regional type team. But peel away the first few layers of the onion and there is nothing inside. We have a shallow bullpen and are a nightmare at the plate. On any regional team only the first 3 hitters would be given significant playing time. (And obviously 5-6 of our pitchers)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Someone mentioned this to me the other day. Why did deggs scoop up Harvell so quick but left talbot behind???
    Where did Deggs leave Talbot?

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Where did Deggs leave Talbot?
    He didn’t bring him to SHSU even though they have a long history together.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Great game thread. Angel this team is very easy to figure out. They are not a top 50 program this year. We do have a few excellent pitchers and a solid defensive infield so when the pitchers are on it looks like we a regional type team. But peel away the first few layers of the onion and there is nothing inside. We have a shallow bullpen and are a nightmare at the plate. On any regional team only the first 3 hitters would be given significant playing time.

I have to agree . once our scabs start showing things fall apart fast.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    He didn't bring him to SHSU even though they have a long history together.
    We didn't hire Talbot until Deggs was long gone. They did have history together years before. Not necessarily a long history. Harvel was Deggs' guy while he was with us and he took him with him to SHSU

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I just pray that Robe outs religion aside and let's his managerial skills take effect. Not slamming robe at all because Hud fired people to save his own skin regularly. I trust Robe and hope he does the right thing and look at his staff which obviously has grown stale.
    So you blaming this one on Talbot ?? Hmmmm.

8. Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

We didn't hire Talbot until Deggs was long gone. They did have history together years before. Not necessarily a long history. Harvel was Deggs' guy while he was with us and he took him with him to SHSU
    I think the point is that Talbot was available to Deggs and he was not one on the people Deggs chose to make up his coaching staff at SHSU

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I think the point is that Talbot was available to Deggs and he was not one on the people Deggs chose to make up his coaching staff at SHSU
    Ok. There are plenty of things to criticize Talbot about. I think this is a weak one.

Quote Originally Posted by BBcajun View Post

No brother. The whole coaching staff stating with the most glaring problem.

11. Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

Quote Originally Posted by BBcajun View Post
    I'm with u on this one. We had plenty of hitting and the yield sign was on at third today. This one is not on him.

Can’t blame Talbot for this one. We got double digit hits and Talbot doesn’t coach out fielders to catch fly balls or pitchers to throw strikes.

13. Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

Ok. There are plenty of things to criticize Talbot about. I think this is a weak one.
    I am not criticizing anyone, I'm just stating the facts. If you want to use these facts to criticize go on right ahead.

Many people on this board and all of the media are short on those these days.

14. Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

3 innings
    7 hits
    5 runs

That’s where we lost. The 9th to the 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I am not criticizing anyone, I'm just stating the facts. If you want to use these facts to criticize go on right ahead.

Many people on this board and all of the media are short on those these days.
    I didn’t say you were criticizing. I believe we both were referring to the person who made the post about Deggs leaving Talbot. But go on big man, rant away!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information