Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 7, Litte Rock 9

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    @talktomewillis says we are so loaded with talent MLB draft will clean our clocks every year from now on. Meanwhile we have numerous offensive stats that rival St Peters in futility.

Who ya gunna believe, me or your lyin' eyes?
    Since you brought up the Peacocksthey are again the nation's only winless team this year.

Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 7, Litte Rock 9

@talktomewillis says we are so loaded with talent MLB draft will clean our clocks every year from now on. Meanwhile we have numerous offensive stats that rival St Peters in futility.

Who ya gunna believe, me or your lyin' eyes?
    I went back and looked at the number of Perfect Game preseason "All American's" we recruited since 2011. I figured that list is probably as good as anybody's as far as evaluating high school talent.

From 2011 until 2014 we had eight honorable mention candidates. In 2015 we had two second team, one third team, and three honorable mention. In 2016 we had one third team and four honorable mention.

The 2017 class has ten honorable mention. So at least on paper ( i know, i know ) we have been signing some decent talent recently. I don't think we can blame this on recruiting. I also don't think one single coach can account for it either. A lot of things have to come together to be as bad as we are at swinging a bat at a ball and consistently being horrible at it.

Changing one coach might help but by itself it isn't going to get this train back on the tracks.

Does anybody have access to the last 10 games stats? I'd be interested to see what those numbers look like.

Last 10 games we are 7-3. 79 hits in 341 AB = .231 BA. We had 30 walks, 3 HBP and reached on errors 5 times. 3 or 4 sac flies. OB% .310. We won one game scoring more than 4 runs, against a horrible McNeese team.

It's not like the light bulb switched on and we are now hitting .320 and slugging .500

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I went back and looked at the number of Perfect Game preseason "All American's" we recruited since 2011. I figured that list is probably as good as anybody's as far as evaluating high school talent.

From 2011 until 2014 we had eight honorable mention candidates. In 2015 we had two second team, one third team, and three honorable mention. In 2016 we had one third team and four honorable mention.

The 2017 class has ten honorable mention. So at least on paper ( i know, i know ) we have been signing some decent talent recently. I don't think we can blame this on recruiting. I also don't think one single coach can account for it either. A lot of things have to come together to be as bad as we are at swinging a bat at a ball and consistently being horrible at it.

Changing one coach might help but by itself it isn't going to get this train back on the tracks.

Does anybody have access to the last 10 games stats? I'd be interested to see what those numbers look like.
    JT is a dick and none of the players believe in him or his implementation of the system. You fire him today and this team gets better tomorrow. They ARE talented. They aren’t motivated nor are they getting the coaching to fine tune their game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    JT is fumble and none of the players believe in him or his implementation of the system. You fire him today and this team gets better tomorrow. They ARE talented. They aren't motivated nor are they getting the coaching to fine tune their game.
    I won't name them. Everybody can see it. There are obviously several gifted players hitting waaaaaay below talent level. Either that, or they raised the mound six inches this season.

6. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 7, Litte Rock 9

I won't name them. Everybody can see it. There are obviously several gifted players hitting waaaaaay below talent level. Either that, or they raised the mound six inches this season.
    It has been pretty hard to believe that 3 starters in our line up are 200 - 250 hitters and that the last three on any given night and any others available on the bench to substitute are below 200 hitters. That's either a whole lot of bad hitters or something else going real wrong somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It has been pretty hard to believe that 3 starters in our line up are 200 - 250 hitters and that the last three on any given night and any others available on the bench to substitute are below 200 hitters. That's either a whole lot of bad hitters or something else going real wrong somewhere.
    Obviously, the process is very flawed.

8. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 7, Litte Rock 9

Last year Robichaux attributed the poor hitting to 600 lost at bats during construction.

Based on that (if true) I have to believe the tremendous focus on bunting, hurts overall hitting through lost at bats in practice.

Still traditionally while starting slow, the bats have come around as the season progressed.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread Information