Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 7, Litte Rock 9

Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Just a note on the runs scored against Burkwind took the HR over the fence and thus could have been a pop flygrounder over the 3rd baseman's headpop up between 3 guysbaby bounce off of mound.slow hit grounder up the middlehit batsman with 2 strikessomebaseball gods stuff!!!
    The wind .the wind.3 guys couldn't catch a fly ball.2 hit batters.did they hit themselves????excuses are like robisms.all just excuses and BS.hope your team doesn't get toooo tired driving to RUSTON so you can't use that as another excuse for getting it handed to you again.remember tony used the trip home from Boone as last weeks main reason for that loss!!!!

Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs Litte Rock (Game 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Nick did not appear to have his best stuff and perhaps should have been pulled. No argument there. However, had Stoelke been available he probably would have been the one called on.
    Stokele isn't available because his coach pitched him in back to back games following an injurythat's abuse of another pitcher in my book for personal glory by the coach just like using gunner last year for 3 weeks when he was hurt!!!

Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 7, Litte Rock 9

We are 6th place right now in the belt winning the west is the most important thing going forward would put us as the #2 seed in the tourney

4. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 7, Litte Rock 9

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That same wind helped Windham hit a HR, and I can’t count on two hands how many games we’ve won this year with in-field bounders and bloops.

LR gifted us two runs as well.

From coaches to players, we gave the game away. Again.
    .My post dealt with Burk's performance only!!!

5. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 7, Litte Rock 9

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .My post dealt with Burk's performance only!!!
    I agree he had some bad luck (and said as much during the game thread), but after the 2nd inning, he did not have his good stuff.

That same wind helped Windham hit a HR, and I can’t count on two hands how many games we’ve won this year with in-field bounders and bloops.

LR gifted us two runs as well.

From coaches to players, we gave the game away. Again.
    Good teams do not give away many games. Average teams do. We are who we are. Everything related to hitting needs to be evaluated this offseason. A new hitting coach and a heavy emphasis on juco hitters who can drive the ball to the gaps needs to be brought in. Only our 1-3 hitters in the batting order are safe in my opinion. I love Windham in the field, but you cannot have a corner infielder hitting .180.

You can if he plays defense the way he does. But you can’t have the three other infielders hitting the way they are especially the other corner infielder that’s a senior

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Good teams do not give away many games. Average teams do. We are who we are. Everything related to hitting needs to be evaluated this offseason. A new hitting coach and a heavy emphasis on juco hitters who can drive the ball to the gaps needs to be brought in. Only our 1-3 hitters in the batting order are safe in my opinion. I love Windham in the field, but you cannot have a corner infielder hitting .180.
    I'm willing to bet that Windham becomes a viable offensive threat before he's done here.

9. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 7, Litte Rock 9

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I'm willing to bet that Windham becomes a viable offensive threat before he's done here.
    Watch what he does in the wooden bat league.

I would agree, but only if he has a new hitting coach.

Watch what he does in the wooden bat league.
    Over/Under set at .290

He is too athletic to not adjust.

13. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 7, Litte Rock 9

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Over/Under set at .290
    OVER

Not buying that Mike. Not today. He had the entire bullpen, including Leaumont, available. There was no reason to leave Nick out there. He left Jack out on the mound too long as well, but Jack got some stellar defensive help. And battled his ___ off.
    Just to follow up on this. I am in agreement on your point. I probably keep Perrin in a few more guys to start. Once it was tied or there were issues in the 9th, I consider making a move because you are right, Lee was getting shelled. None of the options were spectacular but neither was seeing multiple line drive doubles.

But I think the list of available guys is shorter than most knew.

I don't believe he throws Leaumont after 3.0 innings/47 pitches on 18 hrs rest
    Batty was shut down this weekend for tightness

Options were:
    Leave Perrin in longer ahead of Lee (still planning on starting him Tues/Wed)
    Keep Lee in
    Cox
    DMo
    Williams

The bullpen still scares me, even though some would make you believe we are 11 deep. Yes, we have thrown a lot of guys, but we also only have 4 pitchers with a sub-4.0 ERA on the staff. A lot of guys have innings but get hit. Stoelke coming back this weekend is a big boost and Leaumont has been huge. We'll need Batty back soon and pray our pen guys are on when it's their turn to throw

As of today, who wants to guess what our team batting average is?
    -A whopping .224

Where does that rank in the nation?
    -A fantastic 290 out of 297.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information