Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 4, App St 3

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    I meant from an offensive standpoint. We are just not a team that can win by scoring a bunch of runs. I’m thrilled that they are finding ways to win, but I don’t think this team will make it to post season. Hopefully, the hitters can fix what is wrong over the summer and next year will be better.
    My eyes bleed when we come to the plate. I understand the frustration. But I do think this group will scrap it’s way into a regional.

When judging a team, I always ask, how “good is this team’s good”? Well, our club has 7 top 50 wins, should have swept USM, DID sweep A&M, beat one of the best teams in college baseball (in dominant fashion) and did all of this while playing inconsistent baseball.

Find me a more battle tested team in the country. Find me a team that has dealt with more bad breaks, youth, injuries, and a tougher schedule while being above .500 and improving? There isn’t one.

Idk what our ceiling is, and it certainly won’t be pretty, but a post season appearance is within the realm of possibility.

Default Re: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 4, App St 3

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    My eyes bleed when we come to the plate. I understand the frustration. But I do think this group will scrap it’s way into a regional.

When judging a team, I always ask, how “good is this team’s good”? Well, our club has 7 top 50 wins, should have swept USM, DID sweep A&M, beat one of the best teams in college baseball (in dominant fashion) and did all of this while playing inconsistent baseball.

Find me a more battle tested team in the country. Find me a team that has dealt with more bad breaks, youth, injuries, and a tougher schedule while being above .500 and improving? There isn’t one.

Idk what our ceiling is, and it certainly won’t be pretty, but a post season appearance is within the realm of possibility.
    I think it might not be an entirely unbiased reasons, but I agree.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I think it might not be an entirely unbiased reasons, but I agree.
    I could have used more to support my opinion, but seriously, I’ve looked around the country to find a team comparable to our season’s body of work. To be 1 game above .500 and our RPI, SOS, and conference standing it doesn’t exist.

And that’s not even including the injuries, 2 games that umps literally took wins away from us, losing our best 2 players, and brutal travel schedule. Also the SBC is a damn good conference this year.

I go back to the Saturday at Arkansas St. I think after that game, we left Jonesboro with a different club.
    Similar to 2015 after we left Boone losing the series to App State

This team is definitely following the Robe formula: pitching, defense, timely hitting. Last night was a great example. They don't tear the cover off the ball or hit for high average, but they are getting the timely hits necessary to win. They still need to do a better job getting on base IMO.

I could have used more to support my opinion, but seriously, I’ve looked around the country to find a team comparable to our season’s body of work. To be 1 game above .500 and our RPI, SOS, and conference standing it doesn’t exist.

And that’s not even concluding the injuries, 2 games that umps literally took wins away from us, losing our best 2 players, and brutal travel schedule. Also the SBC is a damn good conference this year.
    LolI was trying to say that MY opinion is not unbiased. Was not really judging yours.

Does Nick Lee take over the closer role? He is absolutely scary when needing only 6-3 outs to get a save.

I think he’s gonna take that role until Stolke is healthy. We gotta do
    What we gotta do for the time being. I’d keep him in the pen and let Perrin be the 4th starter

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    I think he’s gonna take that role until Stolke is healthy. We gotta do
    What we gotta do for the time being. I’d keep him in the pen and let Perrin be the 4th starter
    I think Nick would be a weapon out of the pen. He can go long innings, and he can be dominant in short stints. And we desperately need bullpen help right now.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    LolI was trying to say that MY opinion is not unbiased. Was not really judging yours.
    My bad.

I think Nick would be a weapon out of the pen. He can go long innings, and he can be dominant in short stints. And we desperately need bullpen help right now.
    That would be ok with me as well. Has Lee ever pitched out of the pen in a middle relief role?

Default Re: GameOn: Louisiana at App St

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I have no problem bunting the lead off double to 2nd with 0 outs to get him to 3rd with one out. in the Top 9th in a one-run game.

I DO have a problem having our cleanup hitter attempt a 2-strike bunt for the strikeout. At that point, you gotta at least let him swing at a couple pitches, fouling a couple off, and then give him the chance to get the big hit.
    Don’t be worried about the term “clean up hitter”, because the Cajuns don’t have one this year. By default, someone must hit in the 4 hole in the batting order! They just have to continue trying to manufacture runs.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    That would be ok with me as well. Has Lee ever pitched out of the pen in a middle relief role?
    I want to say yes, but I can’t remember when. Maybe freshmen year?

Default Re: GameOn: Louisiana at App St

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I fear we wont robe is too soft to fire Talbot . kicker He will never make to back to Omaha with this coaching staff

Admin will step in and force him to is what I'm hoping for
    I would bet that the day the administration starts telling Robe how to coach his team, or who he must hire and fire, will be the day he resigns or retires.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I would bet that the day the administration starts telling Robe how to coach his team, or who he must hire and fire, will be the day he resigns or retires.
    We have a professional running the athletic dept. If it comes to that, it is probably warranted and would be a good time to resign or retire. Jmo. And I hope it doesn’t come to that.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information