Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 4, App St 3

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    I’ve seen enough of this team to know that they are not going to “get hot.” For the most part, they are just not very good and have zero coaching from a hitting standpoint. I’m happy that they are battling and getting some wins, but they will struggle and limp to the finish line. Whatever wins they get will by a bonus. Hopefully, a coaching change is made at the end of the year and better recruits are brought in.
    Proud, we’ve won 7/10 and could easily have won 10 in a row. That doesn’t count as “hot”? I don’t care how we’re doing it; we’re doing it

2. Default Re: GameOn: Louisiana at App St

And btw, Troy beat Coastal tonight. Should tell you something about Troy. That was not a usually average Troy baseball team.

Default Re: GameOn: Louisiana at App St

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Proud, we’ve won 7/10 and could easily have won 10 in a row. That doesn’t count as “hot”? I don’t care how we’re doing it; we’re doing it
    As I mentioned yesterday, a win is a win is a win. At this point in the year it’s win and move on. Can’t think about if it’s pretty or ugly.just win

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    This is what really bothers me about it. The player is already in scoring position. So, what do you do? Let's give them a free out and one less opportunity to get him home. Brilliant
    I have no problem bunting the lead off double to 2nd with 0 outs to get him to 3rd with one out. in the Top 9th in a one-run game.

I DO have a problem having our cleanup hitter attempt a 2-strike bunt for the strikeout. At that point, you gotta at least let him swing at a couple pitches, fouling a couple off, and then give him the chance to get the big hit.

1. That kid beat us last year at our place. App finished last in the league then, too.
    2. Kid allowed two earned runs or fewer in six of eight starts.
    3. Kid beat Troy last Friday night.
    4. Kid is a senior and pitched like one.

Quit ____ing _____ing. We beat a very good arm tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I know it's only App State, but I have to give this team credit. After going down 3-0 earlier in the game, they fought back and found a way to win. If this was earlier in the season, I'm not sure if they are able to do just that. We currently have won 5 out of the last 6 with a 3-game win streak. Let's make it 4 tomorrow!
    We actually have won 6 of 7. Recall the last game at USM was a victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    This is what really bothers me about it. The player is already in scoring position. So, what do you do? Let's give them a free out and one less opportunity to get him home. Brilliant
    You bunt him to third.
    You squeeze him home.
    It was pretty easy to figure out why he was bunting.

Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    Hey, it's a sport, anyone can beat anyone.

And for the record, their Friday guy didn't beat our Friday guy. Can you stop _____ing and be happy for once.
    YES! And I think they used their best two pitchers tonight. See if we can RAKE tomorrow and sweep the DH. I smell the pain train coming. Anyone else hear it?

And then go into LA Turd Wed night and big series vs. Little Rock next weekend.

One game at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We actually have won 6 of 7. Recall the last game at USM was a victory.
    Yes. And, that game was the start of the second half of the season.

We are 6-1.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    I've seen enough of this team to know that they are not going to "get hot." For the most part, they are just not very good and have zero coaching from a hitting standpoint. I'm happy that they are battling and getting some wins, but they will struggle and limp to the finish line. Whatever wins they get will by a bonus. Hopefully, a coaching change is made at the end of the year and better recruits are brought in.
    I fear we wont robe is too soft to fire Talbot . kicker He will never make to back to Omaha with this coaching staff

Admin will step in and force him to is what I'm hoping for

I meant from an offensive standpoint. We are just not a team that can win by scoring a bunch of runs. I’m thrilled that they are finding ways to win, but I don’t think this team will make it to post season. Hopefully, the hitters can fix what is wrong over the summer and next year will be better.

We are now 7-2 in one run games. Now in 9th in Sunbelt standings.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Yes. And, that game was the start of the second half of the season.

We are 6-1.
    I go back to the Saturday at Arkansas St. I think after that game, we left Jonesboro with a different club.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    We are now 7-2 in one run games. Now in 9th in Sunbelt standings.
    We could move up this weekend. 2-3 spots. by sweeping and having a couple other west division guys drop a game or two. We seriously need to put some things together today. especially offensively.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 4, App St 3

I go back to the Saturday at Arkansas St. I think after that game, we left Jonesboro with a different club.
    As was pointed out in yesterday's game. we need the bottom of the lineup to get some hits (or get on base somehow). McKinnon mashed the double he hit. Our bigger physical players have not been able to catch up to pitches all year. It's weird.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information