Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

1. Default Re: McNeese vs Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    We a team full of complimentary players. But I feel this freshman class will turn out ok. Juco guys are suppose to help immediately and that hasn't happened. They have turned into complimentary players as well.
    Schmidt, Lahare, Bourgiious - three of most productive Cajun players - all Juco transfers.

Default Re: McNeese vs Louisiana

Nice to see Leamont get some critical game experience and do a solid job.

It is very worrisome that Stoelke had to leave the game. Hopefully nothing serious.

Williams was uncharacteristicly beat up. Hope he learns from that and gets better.

I wonder with the amount Batty is used if he is dealing with fatigue. He didn't look comfortable with feel and location.

Hogan looked good. He was comfortable and smooth.

Bats weren't great but they battled and did enough to win. Multiple timely hits.

Tonight will be a tough test.

You think last night was ugly? Well, it was. But do some of you remember before we had a solid pitching staff year in and year out? Games like this happened a lot more often.

And, if Perrin can't get deep into the game tonight, ugly will take on a whole new meaning. Because by my count, D-Mo is the only reliever we'll have.

Here are some things that were not ugly.

We had a freshman who wasn't slated to pitch come in in an emergency and strike out the side in the ninth. His ERA when he came in was 65.00

This team, which never walks, was patient at the plate and got ten free passes and a hit batsman.

We actually got some hits with men in scoring position.

Todd Lott had a big time at bat in a crucial situation.

We, once again, played errorless baseball. This team is really good defensively.

Zach Lafleur is coming around. That's one less hole in the lineup. He had 4 RBI last night.

We stole eight bases in nine attempts.

We turned a triple play.

Because of the negatives we needed all of that to get a win.

But we got it because we did a lot of things right.

5. Default Re: McNeese vs Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

We had a freshman who wasn't slated to pitch come in in an emergency and strike out the side in the ninth. His ERA when he came in was 65.00

This team, which never walks, was patient at the plate and got ten free passes and a hit batsman.

We, once again, played errorless baseball. This team is really good defensively.

Zach Lafleur is coming around. That's one less hole in the lineup. He had 4 RBI last night.

We turned a triple play.

Really nice to see a POSITIVES post after a hard fought win. The Thread Thanks TTW.

We turned a triple play.

All very true.

Possible groin
    What I heard as well

8. Default

We turned a triple play.

All good points. It wasn’t too long ago when midweek games were mostly ugly. Seasoning young players and finding out who can pitch.

Certainly some positives last night.

9. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

Quote Originally Posted by CajunIke View Post
    I'm always here, just happened to not be tonight and it showed me how wishy washy it can be. Tonight was a prime example. I laugh because I thought we were done after the 7 run inning as well because that's been this team's MO.
    Game day threads can be a lot like a real time stock market index.

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Game day threads can be a lot like a real time stock market index.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We turned a triple play.

Yes indeed. But I think the game was viewed as an "ugly game" mainly because of an inning or two of clown ball. Our pitching tanking to give up a parade of mashed balls for a serious crooked number of runs. right behind us having 3 men on base with no outs. managing to only score a single run.
    Then we come back on the heels of McNeese fielding errors (mostly). The majority of the scoring was on bad pitching and fielding errors (on McNeese). The reality of it is. we lose this game if McNeese fielded the ball cleanly (like we did). Those were unforced errors. When I'm savoring a victory. it tastes a little flat knowing the win came mostly due to the other guy collapsing.

There were positives. and that's good to note for sure. Our team needs Ws however they come. And they need to find some mojo. So. if a sloppy win gets us another W. and it helps the team get an ounce of mojo. I'm good with it ugly or not.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunIke View Post
    I always read and appreciate your posts as I feel you are level headed, accurate, and funny on most subjects. But don't get your thong in a bunch on me. I'm a man like you, I get sandwiches made for me.
    Loosen up CajunIke. I couldn't tell from your posts if it was actually CajunIke or CajunTina. You Turners were a little bent last night. Now go tell Tina to make us a sandwich. I want extra mustard on mine.

I think we are at the point of the season where it doesn’t matter how you do it as long as you do it. A win is a win anyway u dice it. Gotta flush that ugly win and move on from it. Tonight will be a challenge.

I think we are at the point of the season where it doesn’t matter how you do it as long as you do it. A win is a win anyway u dice it. Gotta flush that ugly win and move on from it. Tonight will be a challenge.
    In reality, this year has but one mission left on the list. Getting midweek Ws is important. but it doesn't contribute to the only mission we have left.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    True.

I was sitting with my old high school coach tonight. He was a great coach and played professionally; really knows the game. I was asking him what's wrong with the hitters. Is it coaching, approach, technique/mechanics?? He simply said, "Outside of Cantrell, UL doesn't have ball players."
    Its that simple.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information