Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Saturday Game 6PM

UL Baseball Saturday Game 6PM

Thank goodness they moved this game to 6pm for "heat" safety reasons. I'd hate to see folks passing out, in that sweltering 57 degree heat. In my 40 some odd years of living in this state, I never remember it being all that hot in April, to where you couldn't play day baseball on any surface, natural or artificial. As a 20 some odd year fan of Cajun baseball, I like the Friday night, Saturday and Sunday afternoon for at best. (When I was in school and for a while after, he it was double header on sat one sun.) Who ever came up with the idea of Saturday night baseball in April is just foolish. And to blame it on heat is just stupid.

Default Re: Tomorrow's Game 6PM

Another satisfied customer.

Damn.

We will _____ about anything. I'm not even mad, I'm impressed.

I prefer the two night games when weather permits. Just an another opinion.

5. Default Re: Tomorrow's Game 6PM

Can't wait for another nice evening game. Those are the bomb!!!!!

6. Default Re: Saturdays Game 6PM

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Thank goodness they moved this game to 6pm for "heat" safety reasons. I'd hate to see folks passing out, in that sweltering 57 degree heat. In my 40 some odd years of living in this state, I never remember it being all that hot in April, to where you couldn't play day baseball on any surface, natural or artificial. As a 20 some odd year fan of Cajun baseball, I like the Friday night, Saturday and Sunday afternoon for at best. (When I was in school and for a while after, he it was double header on sat one sun.) Who ever came up with the idea of Saturday night baseball in April is just foolish. And to blame it on heat is just stupid.
    If you saw, read or heard "heat" it was probably a cut and paste delay statement that wasn't fully edited to fit the current situation.

Stormy weather not temp would be true.

Default Re: Saturday Game 6PM

I like night games. Always more electric atmosphere in my opinion. i would also be willing to bet they get more ppl through the gate for evening games than day games on average.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I like night games. Always more electric atmosphere in my opinion. i would also be willing to bet they get more ppl through the gate for evening games than day games on average.
    I have heard an athletic department study has shown it makes no difference in the crowd. But I would have thought just the opposite as most people have there social outings on weekend nights not days. You know you can make a Saturday afternoon game and go out to dinner or have a barbecue or attend a cocktail party. Things us Cajun folk do.

Default Re: Saturdays Game 6PM

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If you saw, read or heard "heat" it was probably a cut and paste delay statement that wasn't fully edited to fit the current situation.

Stormy weather not temp would be true.
    Heat was the reason stated for moving all games on Saturdays in April and May. I think it's a bogus reason as April has never been a very hot month.

Another thing to be aware of tonight, if your going to the game, is the rodeo going on, in the dome. I have passed by cajun field in years past and they usually take up all the east and north parking lots and much of the west when there is no other event going on. I have also noticed in past years on the Sunday morning after this event they do not like to use trash cans. Has to be the most trash I have ever seen, in the parking lot, after a cajun dome / field event.

11. Default Re: Saturdays Game 6PM

Heat was the reason stated for moving all games on Saturdays in April and May. I think it's a bogus reason as April has never been a very hot month.
    Oh ok.

I thought you read something about tonight's game because you said "this game" in your post.

Default Re: Saturdays Game 6PM

I wonder why it would not be possible to have a floating time for Saturday games in April. Today would obviously be better with an afternoon start but that is not always the case.

The numbers just came off the wire.night games put more butts in the seats.

I’ve actually heard tony say at diamond club one time the real reason they moved it to 6 was by the time the game is over and the team gets to Cowboys $1 beer is over and they won’t be too hungover on Sunday.

15. Default Re: Saturday Game 6PM

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I’ve actually heard tony say at diamond club one time the real reason they moved it to 6 was by the time the game is over and the team gets to Cowboys $1 beer is over and they won’t be too hungover on Sunday.

I guess it all depends on whether one views things as a KajunKrazy or a crazycajun

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information