Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 8, Southern Miss 9

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 8, Southern Miss 9

This team has no leadership, they don’t know how to win, they can’t put a complete game together on a consistent basis there is talent on this team and you can see it, but coaching hasn’t got it done the last 2 years and we obviously don’t know how to recruit a power hitter our lineup has no one that puts fear in a pitcher I am very disappointed in this team let’s just hope the weathering pays off for next year and ticket prices go down I hate paying for a crappy product because at the end of the day only W and L matter in sports competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Call me crazy but I'm beginning to feel good about this team come tourney time obviously our only chance into the dance. Hear me out

We find a way into our own tourney. not a given right now

Schmiddty gets us off to a good start against a top seed and now we take their place in the bracket

Harris is rounding into good shape and we move on in the winners bracket

Nick Lee will rebound as the season goes on and we move into the championship game

The hitters are showing signs of life and we take on someone's 4th pitcher and grind out a win

MAT asked that we don't give up on this team. We gonna make it happen

Who's with me????????????????
    Boom, get a #4 seed at br regional and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    Boom, get a #4 seed at br regional and win.
    OMAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's stop all this negative BS.

Call me crazy but I'm beginning to feel good about this team come tourney time obviously our only chance into the dance. Hear me out

Schmiddty gets us off to a good start against a top seed and now we take their place in the bracket

Nick Lee will rebound as the season goes on and we move into the championship game

The hitters are showing signs of life and we take on someone's 4th pitcher and grind out a win

A couple things potentially wrong here. As things stand now, if we find a way into the tournament, we play a single elimination game before even getting to play one of the top 2 seeds. Seeds 7-10 play single elimination before moving on to play top 2 seeds. So we burn Schmidt in one of those games, right? And that's assuming we score enough runs to give Schmidt some breathing room. Which brings me to my next point.

I'm still not sold on this team hitting a Friday night guy. Even if we throw Schmidt, our offense on Fridays is putrid. 2.4 runs per game and that includes the 7 run output against A-State (it's 1.67 without that game). We throw our best pitcher and still can't support him. Even if we had Gunner this season, we would probably still be 1-6 on Fridays because of the lack of offensive support.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    A couple things potentially wrong here. As things stand now, if we find a way into the tournament, we play a single elimination game before even getting to play one of the top 2 seeds. Seeds 7-10 play single elimination before moving on to play top 2 seeds. So we burn Schmidt in one of those games, right? And that's assuming we score enough runs to give Schmidt some breathing room. Which brings me to my next point.

I'm still not sold on this team hitting a Friday night guy. Even if we throw Schmidt, our offense on Fridays is putrid. 2.4 runs per game and that includes the 7 run output against A-State (it's 1.67 without that game). We throw our best pitcher and still can't support him. Even if we had Gunner this season, we would probably still be 1-6 on Fridays because of the lack of offensive support.
    First off I understand "As things stand now" but I do expect improvement out of that play in spot.

Next if we do wind up there, I'd roll the dice without Schmidt in that game not a Tony type of decision granted.

Next, I am seeing improvement in the hitting. granted winning against a Friday night starter will require a top performance from Schmidt.

Remember we will be playing these in front of Section A and in our park. When the pressure mounts in tourney time, it may make a difference

______ I refuse to take a "season is over at the half way point" view

Guys, way too early to start talking about Conference Tourny scenarios when we are still trying to figure out how to win a MFing Conference series. Not being negative, just being honest. Let's go win a few series before we look ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Not trying to pick on you, Man. I know this issue is wayyyy deeper than one person like you just doing your job.

I actually appreciate you coming here and posting. At least trying to provide some answers. It shows that you do care, unlike others at Town Square Media who take the listeners for granted and even insult them on a regular basis.

It’s those individuals, the ones who are responsible for making the financial decisions at KPEL, who are to blame. The management who refuses to make the investment to upgrade equipment that would allow them to broadcast an acceptable show rather than sounding like a Mickey Mouse Operation for years one end. The same ones Who just expect listeners to accept this garbage, sub par product and attack Cajun fans , their own customers, with names for expecting better.

Hope you enjoyed the time with your family.
    Yeah I understand your frustration man. Like I’ve said before I can only do so much from behind a board and when things don’t go right I get frustrated too. When I come on here and see y’all talking about it, I try to give y’all at least some sort of explanation on why things may not work. I did enjoy my time with them, I don’t get to see them much anymore so any time I do get to see them it’s special.

9. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 8, Southern Miss 9

First off I understand "As things stand now" but I do expect improvement out of that play in spot.

Next if we do wind up there, I'd roll the dice without Schmidt in that game not a Tony type of decision granted.

Next, I am seeing improvement in the hitting. granted winning against a Friday night starter will require a top performance from Schmidt.

Remember we will be playing these in front of Section A and in our park. When the pressure mounts in tourney time, it may make a difference

There is no doubt that the pieces are there to make a run in the conference tournament if they can find a way to put them together. That has not happened yet this year and we have still been competitive. Fail to finish this year more often than not, yes. But they are there, if they can find a way to put it together.

2 of last 3 losses may have occurred simply because the closer was not available. I was not surprised things went south after Harris was pulled. Hopefully Stoelke is back this weekend. If so, that may result in the first series win.

I'll have what he's having.

12. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 8, Southern Miss 9

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I'll have what he's having.
    If we could get them to have what he is having, we would all be having lots of fun right now. Don't give up, it is a possibility.

Well boys you can chose to moan and beatch and just generally feel miserable I'm gonna drink the Kool-aid . I trust Tony I have fun at the games I'm gonna preach the gospel that it can happen and if it don't, guess I'll feel miserable with you in May

This weekend will be a big determining factor. If they do well then they may get more confidence. If not they may very well be selling concessions at the conference tournament.

Well boys you can chose to moan and beatch and just generally feel miserable I'm gonna drink the Kool-aid . I trust Tony I have fun at the games I'm gonna preach the gospel that it can happen and if it don't, guess I'll feel miserable with you in May
    Why wait til May when we can be miserable now??? LOL! I'm with you, IHLS! As much as l hurt last night, l'm hopeful again this morning. Geaux Cajuns!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information