Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Maggard Interview Video

Default Dr. Maggard Interview Video

https://www.facebook.com/RaginCajuns.6536303918392/

The above is worth a few minutes of your time.

Default Re: Dr. Maggard Interview Video

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/RaginCajuns.6536303918392/

The above is worth a few minutes of your time.
    Saw this and agree it's worth viewing.

Exciting stuff

I thought it was interesting that he said that, in regards to the stadium renovation, they are in the process of revising the master plan to ensure that we not only focus on and renovate the west tower, but keep in mind the totality of the stadium. He also said we will see something shortly.

Here's to hoping that Napier begins the rebuilding of our program this fall, so it can help spur getting this last piece of upgrading our facilities done.

Also said he wanted to evaluate if we are producing the best product on the field and the video showed volleyball and soccer lmao

I agree, with the addition of seating around the tunnel, we should make the best 35k-40k seat stadium possible. That means a smaller upper deck with more premium seating options. This is the latest trend in college football, NBA and NFL stadiums. Ask the guys east of us. They are having trouble selling out games and actually getting people to the games. Smaller stadiums with premium options is the new trend going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    I agree, with the addition of seating around the tunnel, we should make the best 35k-40k seat stadium possible. That means a smaller upper deck with more premium seating options. This is the latest trend in college football, NBA and NFL stadiums. Ask the guys east of us. They are having trouble selling out games and actually getting people to the games. Smaller stadiums with premium options is the new trend going forward.
    If you're minimizing the upper deck, you're talking about bowling the north end zone and making a new upper deck housing just press and suites. I'm wondering if that would eliminate the new 7 story building that was originally proposed in the original Master Plan documents.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    If you're minimizing the upper deck, you're talking about bowling the north end zone and making a new upper deck housing just press and suites. I'm wondering if that would eliminate the new 7 story building that was originally proposed in the original Master Plan documents.
    7 story "football tower" is not happening so I hear a 40k-45k stadium would be perfect for our needs going forward

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    Exciting stuff
    Nice touch with the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    7 story "football tower" is not happening so I hear a 40k
    That is kind of what I am hearing also.

11. Default Re: Dr. Maggard Interview Video

Is there anything in the Cox Building other than baseball at this time?

Ah, so that's why baseball is struggling this year. Sorry for contributing to the thread drift.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And has it been ruled out completely to move back into the old baseball locker room? Even if it's temporary until the new fieldhouse is built?

It makes me cringe every time I see that Cox building.from any angle you see it, either from Cajundome Blvd or Bertrand, it really ruins everything. And oh yeah, the maintenance building in from of the Tigue is even worse: fantastic $16 million facility hidden behind an eyesore.

14. Default Re: Dr. Maggard Interview Video

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Ah, so that's why baseball is struggling this year. Sorry for contributing to the thread drift.
    Not really thread drift, just trying to figure out if it is only baseball that needs a new place to rid of that building? If any AD staff is also in there that would have moved to the tower, then that is an added issue to ridding of Cox.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Marketing and sports information has moved back into the cox building

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information