Thread: Washington Named To 2017-18 Lou Henson All-America Team

1. UL Basketball Washington Named To 2017-18 Lou Henson All-America Team

Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns men's basketball player Bryce Washington was one of 40 players named to the 2017-18 Lou Henson All-America team that was announced on Wednesday.

The Lou Henson Award is presented annually to the nation's top Division I mid-major player.

Washington, a senior from New Orleans (St. Augustine HS), averaged a double-double for Louisiana during the 2017-18 season with 10.4 points and a team-high 10.5 rebounds per game. The first-team All-Sun Belt Conference selection finished his career as one of four players in both school and SBC history to score 1,000 points and grab 1,000 rebounds in a career, while finishing as one of five Division I players to average a double-double during the past two seasons.

During the season, Washington finished 11th in the league in steals (1.3) and recorded 13 double-doubles. He scored a season-high 21 points against Savannah State and grabbed a season-high 19 rebounds in the Ragin' Cajuns SBC opener at Little Rock.

Washington finished among the active NCAA Division I leaders in rebounds (1,102), double-doubles (38), rebound average (8.1) and field goal percentage (.571).

Lou Henson coached 41 years. When he left the game in 2005 he was sixth all-time in career Division I wins with 779. He is the winningest coach at both Illinois and New Mexico State. He is one of only 12 coaches in the history of the game to take two schools to the Final Four.

The 2017-18 Lou Henson National Player of the Year Award will be announced on April 2 in San Antonio, site of the men's NCAA Basketball Championship.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Default Re: Washington Named To 2017-18 Lou Henson All-America Team

Congratulations to Bryce on a great career here at Louisiana, and on receiving this well deserved honor.

Default Re: Washington Named To 2017-18 Lou Henson All-America Team

This young man is a winner. Congratulations.

Thread Information