Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Bb Final: UL 3, LSU 1

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Ok, if I would tell my client I realize I have an ongoing service quality issue but it’s “not anyone’s fault” do you think they would just accept poor service quality and allow things to continue as is?

No. Any client in any industry would expect for the known service quality issue to be addressed and corrected or they would find someone else who will.

“It’s not anyone’s fault” is not acceptable to ever tell a client, in this case, the listeners. It may not be anyone’s fault but it is someone’s responsibility to find a way to correct it.
    I get that but when you catch interference from someone else’s equipment in the stadiums there’s really not much you can do about it. I’m sure there are trying to find a way to make it better and fix it. I mean there weren’t any issues with the same mic during football season but for some odd reason there’s issues with it every now and then during baseball. That’s the only two sports that use the wireless mic. I know they aren’t sitting there with their hands tied behind their back trying to fix it. They will find a way to make it work

Default Re: Bb Final: UL 3, LSU 1

I know everyone that works there and has something to do with the broadcasts gets frustrated when it doesn’t work as well because we want to be able to hear what coach has to say just as much as everyone else does. It’s unfortunate when it does happen but I know they will do their best to find a solution

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    The majority of the times it has to do with feedback coming from other equipments in the stadiums. That’s out of anyone’s control
    It may be a problem for us. Not impossible to solve. Elon Musk just put a convertible in orbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    It may be a problem for us. Not impossible to solve. Elon Musk just put a convertible in orbit.
    Lol true 😂 I’m sure they will find a way to solve it

I know everyone that works there and has something to do with the broadcasts gets frustrated when it doesn’t work as well because we want to be able to hear what coach has to say just as much as everyone else does. It’s unfortunate when it does happen but I know they will do their best to find a solution
    So what kind of other equipment in the stadium would cause problems for the mic?

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    So what kind of other equipment in the stadium would cause problems for the mic?
    Turf absorbs the radio waves

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Turf absorbs the radio waves
    Thought it may have been Huds big head. But this makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    Other radio equipment from another broadcast most likely. It was working before they went back on the air and then it caught some feedback and frequency from something in the stadium. I know it’s frustrating for the fans but it’s also frustrating for us as we are trying to make sure everything runs smoothly.

9. Default Re: UL vs state

I’ve worked with them over a year now and I’m just telling y’all what I know since I produce 95 % of the baseball games. When there’s feedback coming from something affecting a wireless mic there’s not a lot you can do about it.
    And yet I see wireless mics being used successfully during the game. Get an electric cord.

10. UL Baseball Re: Bb Final: UL 3, LSU 1

I get that but when you catch interference from someone else's equipment in the stadiums there's really not much you can do about it. I'm sure there are trying to find a way to make it better and fix it. I mean there weren't any issues with the same mic during football season but for some odd reason there's issues with it every now and then during baseball. That's the only two sports that use the wireless mic. I know they aren't sitting there with their hands tied behind their back trying to fix it. They will find a way to make it work
    They’re not trying hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    And yet I see wireless mics being used successfully during the game. Get an electric cord.
    And it works during football season so wireless/wired is not an issue honestly. It has happened at more away games than home games at least from what I’ve noticed.

12. Default

And it works during football season so wireless/wired is not an issue honestly. It has happened at more away games than home games at least from what I’ve noticed.
    Grad, as a precautionary measure, why not have Top or whomever is doing the interview record Robe’s comments with their iPhone. That way, if interference happens, maybe you guys can put the comments on Twitter or Jay can recite the comments at the end of the broadcast.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Grad, as a precautionary measure, why not have Top or whomever is doing the interview record Robe’s comments with their iPhone. That way, if interference happens, maybe you guys can put the comments on Twitter or Jay can recite the comments at the end of the broadcast.

Just a thought.
    That’s what we do for the pregame not just for baseball but all sports where there is pregame interviews and then we put quotes from what Robe or other coaches say usually on Twitter. That seems to work well and Jay was able to get a couple quotes from him post game during one of the commercial breaks because he was able to catch some of it. The post game show as well will be continuing for the majority of the midweek games the remainder of the season. I think that is something that everyone has been wanting. I think for those games putting Robe’s comments in the system would be a plus.

First thing I would check is the frequency of the microphone. Microphones operating in the 700 Mhz band have been prohibited by the FCC since 2010, as those frequencies are now being used for emergency services such as police and firefighters.

If the microphone is not a true diversity model, it should be. These have two separate receivers and circuitry that always picks the strongest signal. This avoids drop-outs when the signal bounces off of objects and cancels itself out. The antennas are a few inches apart so it is unlikely to experience a drop out on both receivers at the same time.

Assuming the receiver is in the press box, that is a fairly long range for a wireless microphone. Cheap ones may not reach that far. UHF models typically have better range the VHF. A model with selectable frequencies will allow you to change the channel if interference is detected.

Finally, use fresh alkaline batteries EVERY time, no exceptions.

Congrats to the fluer de leis.headed for a state championship.things are going to get a lot better in the next 2 weekends playing rpi 140 A State and rpi 200 App state.it's good to play in the SUN WORST where local HS teams could at least play .500 ball.good job robe saving your # 1 pitcher for mid week games.don't want to hurt him on the weekend like you did to gunner!!!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information