Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Bb Final: UL 3, LSU 1

1. Default Re: UL vs state

One. Game. At. A. Time.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunjimbo View Post
    This is getting really old. Rinky dink equipment. We want to be big time but we have a little AM station that seems to have more technical issues then should be acceptable.
    It’s not anyone’s fault. The mic caught some feedback from something else in the stadium. That’s not in anyone’s control

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    The troubling thing is this is not a new issue. It has been going on for years and has not been addressed. Who runs a company that has recurring quality issues and does not address them?

The answer is someone who doesn’t give a ____ about their clients.
    The majority of the times it has to do with feedback coming from other equipments in the stadiums. That’s out of anyone’s control

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    The majority of the times it has to do with feedback coming from other equipments in the stadiums. That’s out of anyone’s control
    So does every team in every sport have this same problem? Sounds to me like its crappy 1420 equipment from the 80s. Learfield will get it straight or 1420 will out. Time to get off of AM radio anyway

Quote Originally Posted by weareLOUISIANA View Post
    So does every team in every sport have this same problem? Sounds to me like its crappy 1420 equipment from the 80s. Learfield will get it straight or 1420 will out. Time to get off of AM radio anyway
    It’s happened when we been on fm stations too so it’s not fm/am equipment. It’s feedback coming from other equipment throughout stadiums

Default Re: UL vs state

I’ve worked with them over a year now and I’m just telling y’all what I know since I produce 95 % of the baseball games. When there’s feedback coming from something affecting a wireless mic there’s not a lot you can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by weareLOUISIANA View Post
    And to your first question, no every other sport runs fine and there’s typically no issues. We use the same wireless mic for football games and there’s no issues with it then.

Ok, if I would tell my client I realize I have an ongoing service quality issue but it’s “not anyone’s fault” do you think they would just accept poor service quality and allow things to continue as is?

No. Any client in any industry would expect for the known service quality issue to be addressed and corrected or they would find someone else who will.

“It’s not anyone’s fault” is not acceptable to ever tell a client, in this case, the listeners. It may not be anyone’s fault but it is someone’s responsibility to find a way to correct it.

And to your first question, no every other sport runs fine and there’s typically no issues. We use the same wireless mic for football games and there’s no issues with it then.
    Maybe you should try a mic with a wire.

Default Re: UL vs state

It’s happened when we been on fm stations too so it’s not fm/am equipment. It’s feedback coming from other equipment throughout stadiums
    It's the Russians l tell ya! They're jamming our radio signals!

;-)

11. Default Re: Bb Final: UL 3, LSU 1

Better record against vaunted sec than crappy sunbelt??? Both teams are ninth in each conference?

Default Re: Bb Final: UL 3, LSU 1

The fact that we are not good this year and we have swept LSU is a pretty solid conciliation prize. Need to find consistency and sweep A state

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Bb Final: UL 3, LSU 1

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    The fact that we are not good this year and we have swept LSU is a pretty solid conciliation prize. Need to find consistency and sweep A state
    Our only consistency is lack of offense. If this season is going to make a solid run (no pun intended) these young men are going to need to be allowed to fight for their own at-bats. I still believe they’re over processing decisions at the plate.

I’ve worked with them over a year now and I’m just telling y’all what I know since I produce 95 % of the baseball games. When there’s feedback coming from something affecting a wireless mic there’s not a lot you can do about it.
    In 1973 we almost lost an astronaut in a horrible explosion, he was barely alive but back then we rebuilt him, we had the technology. Oh how times have changed, I guess things are more complicated these days.

15. Default Re: Bb Final: UL 3, LSU 1

The majority of the times it has to do with feedback coming from other equipments in the stadiums. That's out of anyone's control
    I feel bad for loss of exposure for the post game advertisers.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information