Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns @ Colonels - Game 3

1. Default Re: Cajuns @ Colonels - Game 3

E5, pop up, infield hit, K, pop up for Griffin in the 9th.

Cajuns win 10 - 1

Default Re: Cajuns @ Colonels - Game 3

GOOD WIN!!!!

Correct me if I am wrong. The last two times we started 3-0 was in 2007 and 2005. We had great years both those years and went to a regional. What a great start to the season.

UL

4. Default Re: Cajuns @ Colonels - Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ Correct me if I am wrong. The last two times we started 3-0 was in 2007 and 2005. We had great years both those years and went to a regional. What a great start to the season.

UL _
    Yea, but I bet we didn't sweep a team like Nicholls. I'm glad that we are 3 - 0, and I'm not complaining. But this team resembles last years a hell of a lot.

Great Pitching.
    Above average defense.
    Jury still out on the offense.

I get that its only 3 games, but I reserve my hoots and hollers for another month or so.

I hear ya on the early chatter but I feel better than at this time last year.

Thanks for all the updates.

You are probably correct.but lets not crown anybody yet. We did accomplish a few things this weekendWon on the road, got a sweep, and pitchers were very good. But this was against a very average team. The positive is that we got better as the weekend progressed and have some very good things to build on. I for one, was not real impressed friday night, but that couldve been first game gitters. We looked and played alot more relaxed saturday and tonight. But still alot of work ahead of us. If we continuw to improve hopefully we will make some noise and get to the postseason

7. Default Re: Cajuns @ Colonels - Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ You are probably correct.but lets not crown anybody yet. We did accomplish a few things this weekendWon on the road, got a sweep, and pitchers were very good. But this was against a very average team. The positive is that we got better as the weekend progressed and have some very good things to build on. I for one, was not real impressed friday night, but that couldve been first game gitters. We looked and played alot more relaxed saturday and tonight. But still alot of work ahead of us. If we continuw to improve hopefully we will make some noise and get to the postseason _
    With this staff, I think anything is possible. I was very impressed with the starters, and Satriano. We'll see what happens at 3rd on defense. Poirrier looks great at times, and bad at times. Like you said, we'll see. If we continue to improve, the sky is the limit.

2007 we started with texas sanintonio i think

I hear ya on the early chatter but I feel better than at this time last year.

Thanks for all the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ Correct me if I am wrong. The last two times we started 3-0 was in 2007 and 2005. We had great years both those years and went to a regional. What a great start to the season.

UL _
    Just pullin' up some stats, and enjoying the Cajuns winning. Keep rollin' guys.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ With this staff, I think anything is possible. I was very impressed with the starters, and Satriano. We'll see what happens at 3rd on defense. Poirrier looks great at times, and bad at times. Like you said, we'll see. If we continue to improve, the sky is the limit. _
    I would like to see what Switzenburg would do at 3rd and keep Porrier as the DH. He swung it well at times this weekend with some agressiveness. Maybe put Guillory at first or tyler fredrick?? I dont know if we have a true 1st baseman

I think the errors really got into Poirrier's head and it was a snowball effect. He ended up with 4 errors on the weekend. I dont know if Tony will try Switz out at 3B or if he will try to build up Poirrier's confidence through repetitive starts. Even 2 years ago, he definitely wasnt the worst fielder. Look at Fontenot in that same year. He had a .895 Fld Pct since then, he's only improved. Poirrier had a .934 Fld Pct with 9 total errors on the 08 season.

I'd give Jordan a few more games to right the ship and find his confidence making the long throw.

Marvel, Griffen, Guillory and probably a few others could all likely be used at 1B if you moved Trask to his listed position of 3B.

13. Default Re: Cajuns @ Colonels - Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ I think the errors really got into Poirrier's head and it was a snowball effect. He ended up with 4 errors on the weekend. I dont know if Tony will try Switz out at 3B or if he will try to build up Poirrier's confidence through repetitive starts. Even 2 years ago, he definitely wasnt the worst fielder. Look at Fontenot in that same year. He had a .895 Fld Pct since then, he's only improved. Poirrier had a .934 Fld Pct with 9 total errors on the 08 season.

I'd give Jordan a few more games to right the ship and find his confidence making the long throw.

Marvel, Griffen, Guillory and probably a few others could all likely be used at 1B if you moved Trask to his listed position of 3B. _
    I'm with you. Jordan has the tools, and I haven't lost any confidence in him. He obviously has the arm. I think he just needs to get into a groove, and he'll be fine.

UL Baseball Re: Cajuns @ Colonels - Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ I'm with you. Jordan has the tools, and I haven't lost any confidence in him. He obviously has the arm. I think he just needs to get into a groove, and he'll be fine. _
    I'm with you also, lets give him a little more time at 3rd, if things don't work out I'm sure Tony has an alternate plan. We need his bat in the line up, and he is a good defender, I think he pressing right now, I'm still behind him. He was out all of last year, let him get his legs under him and lets reevaluate him after a few more games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Pan View Post
    _ I'm with you also, lets give him a little more time at 3rd, if things don't work out I'm sure Tony has an alternate plan. We need his bat in the line up, and he is a good defender, I think he pressing right now, I'm still behind him. He was out all of last year, let him get his legs under him and lets reevaluate him after a few more games. _
    That's one thing I have been extremely impressed with in this first weekend: his bat. He was, by all means, bad at the plate 2 years ago. Boy, did he crush it a few times this weekend.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information