Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Bb G2 Final: Louisiana 5, Troy 8

Default Re: G2 GameOn: Louisiana vs Troy

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yes. In fact, it sets up 2019 very well. Hate to be that guy at this point in the process, but if we can somehow keep players from the draft and transferring, could be special next year.
    If some of those draft eligible players don’t start performing.there may be no draft. And if we don’t make changes on the staff, we will lose some kids. So.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    If some of those draft eligible players don’t start performing.there may be no draft. And if we don’t make changes on the staff, we will lose some kids. So.
    Feel the exact same way. Why would they come back with no chance to win big? This is not someone we’ve targeted for abuse. Players, formers players, players parents, baseball men that I know and respect all say the same thing about Talbot. I’m sure he’s a decent man, but the truth is, the whole thing needs to be overhauled. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Basically that they are a team that doesn't score many runs so they have to play better with pitching and defense. He seemed to accept they are who they are offensively. Topham tried to give him the out with a "moral victory" because they are hitting better and showed fight. Robe didn't go for it.
    This was known late last season. But Coach Robichaux has never fired, or demoted a coach during the season. I don't see it happening this year either. I've accepted that we would be mediocre this season at best, next year changes need to be made.

Feel the exact same way. Why would they come back with no chance to win big? This is not someone we’ve targeted for abuse. Players, formers players, players parents, baseball men that I know and respect all say the same thing about Talbot. I’m sure he’s a decent man, but the truth is, the whole thing needs to be overhauled. Period.
    Decent man or not, he gets paid to do a job and he’s failing. If I performed my job at the level he does, I would have been ____ canned a long time ago. Nothing personal it’s just time to move on.

Yes. In fact, it sets up 2019 very well. Hate to be that guy at this point in the process, but if we can somehow keep players from the draft and transferring, could be special next year.
    By all accounts the players signed for 2019 are supposed to be special, which is another reason Gunner chose to red shirt (fingers crossed the draft doesn't prevent them from getting to campus). However, coaching needs to step up to turn that talent into winning baseball.

6. Default

By all accounts the players signed for 2019 are supposed to be special, which is another reason Gunner chose to red shirt (fingers crossed the draft doesn't prevent them from getting to campus). However, coaching needs to step up to turn that talent into winning baseball.
    This last class was the first time in school history that we had a nationally ranked class.

Jordan is one they expect to get drafted, where is the question. There is a ton of good arms in this class, Stone, Black, Schultz to name a few. The question is, can we get Jordan and a few other bats to campus, and will the guying coaching them be a different person?

Well big money can shove it up their a55es on this one. What we're seeing is atrocious and unacceptable. But it was a perfect storm of sh/t happening at once.

There's a way to go about your business without being p/ssed. We're in a major predicament, and it's time to make some tough decisions, but big money needs to keep their traps shut right now.
    Don't shoot the messenger Im just saying what im hearing they are more pizsed he kept TB around another year he Will not be back or we might have to sell our new stadium beacuse we cant pay the note

Ha it really been 18 years since robe has been to OMAHA.gonna need a gps if he ever expects to go back.seems like he only cares about the funny $$$$ coming in and how he can build a palace like the BR people who still go to OMAHA more than once in lifetime.last week he made fun of them giving up a 6 or 7 spot in a 45 minute inning.did anyone put a clock on the 5 run TROY frame today that the self proclaimed best pitching coach in america gave up.name the gravel parking lot after him, put up a plaque and send him packing.hasn't done anything for years except $$$$ grab!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Jordan is one they expect to get drafted, where is the question. There is a ton of good arms in this class, Stone, Black, Schultz to name a few. The question is, can we get Jordan and a few other bats to campus, and will the guying coaching them be a different person?
    Agree. Seems we should have a unique opportunity to maintain credibility with high ranked recruits. We need to show that we have offensive program that can develope their talent, showcase it, and win at high levels. Otherwise, top recruits will choose the bigger programs over us

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Horton will be an intriguing option in the mix next year too as far as quality arms.

Horton will be an intriguing option in the mix next year too as far as quality arms.
    Until robe gets him and destroys too!!!!just ask gunnerD-MO.Harris

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger Im just saying what im hearing they are more pizsed he kept TB around another year he Will not be back or we might have to sell our new stadium beacuse we cant pay the note
    That comment was not directed at you Lanny. You know better than that.

I’m just making a public rebuke of any “big money” jerk that thinks they need to intervene in this situation.

I’m ____ed he brought back Talbot too. If you remember, I spent an entire week after the season ended explaining why it was imparaitve to get rid of him then. Literally everything I was b/tching about has come to fruition.

That comment was not directed at you Lanny. You know better than that.

I’m just making a public rebuke of any “big money” jerk that thinks they need to intervene in this situation.

I’m ____ed he brought back Talbot too. If you remember, I spent an entire week after the season ended explaining why it was imparaitve to get rid of him then. Literally everything I was b/tching about has come to fruition.
    What was the reason he kept him

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    What was the reason he kept him
    1 - the highly touted recruiting classes
    2 - JT had a very tumultuous personal life over the last year and a half and I think Robe was giving him the chance to coach without that stuff in his life.
    3 - not sure he had a plan B

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information