Thread: Napier wants team 'comfortable' at Cajun Field

1. UL Football Napier wants team 'comfortable' at Cajun Field

First-year coach Billy Napier's UL football team is holding its spring drills at Cajun Field instead of on its practice fields

Default Re: Napier wants team 'comfortable' at Cajun Field

I travel to Monroe on a regular basis. In the fall I pass by, and see what ulm looks like, because they always practice on the game field, that can be easily viewed from the outside. They are the only D1 program, that I know of, to hold all practices on the game field. At least until now. Nape trying to be big time like the war chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I travel to Monroe on a regular basis. In the fall I pass by, and see what ulm looks like, because they always practice on the game field, that can be easily viewed from the outside. They are the only D1 program, that I know of, to hold all practices on the game field. At least until now. Nape trying to be big time like the war chickens.
    I mean honestly we have a turf field. Why the hell not? I like it.

4. Default Re: Napier wants team 'comfortable' at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlum10 View Post
    I mean honestly we have a turf field. Why the hell not? I like it.
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Napier touched on this he wants to learn and bond with the kids and at Cajun field is a lot easier to do this They don't have people on 3 different fields

I like this idea, he is there to build a close bond with his players. The one thing that I think Hudsbeth tried to do is lead by example.

Napier has to build a bond and trust with his players.

Would anyone want our baseball/softball team to practice in a different surrounding? How many would like our basketball team to be able to practice everyday in the dome? Practice is about preparing for the real thing, why would you practice on a totally different surface and different environment from what you play on? Pretty smart of you ask me

Thread Information