Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: JJ Thomas passed away

Default Re: JJ Thomas passed away

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    What a humble leader he was and a fun player to watch and get behind! RIP Prayers for JJ and his family.
    I had heard that later in life he regretted very much his decision to leave the Cajuns program. The knee injury he suffered in his sophomore year limited his ability to get to the rim and frustrated him greatly. This is terrible news and I pray for the family.

Man that's terrible. Life is hard sometimes. Very sorry it was too hard for JJ.

Liked watching him play when he was here. He gave some life to that team and who can forget the "fear the beard" campaign?

Will always remember JJ and that season. Thanks for the memories, obviously wish things would have worked out differently for him. Rest in peace.

6. UL Basketball Popular ex-Cajun forward Thomas lost 'way too soon'

A former UL basketball forward has died.

J.J. Thomas played two seasons for the Cajuns from 2010-12.

UL built a popular “Fear the Beard” promotional campaign around the bearded Thomas during his freshman season, Marlin’s first as coach of the Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I had heard that later in life he regretted very much his decision to leave the Cajuns program. The knee injury he suffered in his sophomore year limited his ability to get to the rim and frustrated him greatly. This is terrible news and I pray for the family.
    Do you know what his reason was for leaving?

8. Default Re: JJ Thomas passed away

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    Do you know what his reason was for leaving?
    All theories.

I believed at the time he was influenced by a fellow player whose mom was interfering greatly

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    All theories.

I believed at the time he was influenced by a fellow player whose mom was interfering greatly
    Oh yeah. That was a messy situation

Damn. RIP JJ.

Prayers to his family - fond memories of watching him play. God, please watch over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    All theories.

Yep. If you remember, Darshawn McClelland had been brought in from Vandy. Thomas' knee wasn't 100 percent and he lost his starting job. Another player convinced him he was getting screwed (and yes, the player's mother was much more involved than she should have been.) JJ would up with a bad attitude and Marlin left JJ and the other player at home for the conference tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Yep. If you remember, Darshawn McClelland had been brought in from Vandy. Thomas' knee wasn't 100 percent and he lost his starting job. Another player convinced him he was getting screwed (and yes, the player's mother was much more involved than she should have been.) JJ would up with a bad attitude and Marlin left JJ and the other player at home for the conference tournament.
    She posted on here quite a bit. Or maybe it was his brother

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

Player who encouraged JJ to leave was Raymone Andrews. He had one year remaining when his scholarship was not renewed. JJ left voluntarily. Marlin once said that one of his biggest mistakes was not having Andrews move on after his sophomore season.

Wasn't Raymone butthurt because Elfrid took his minutes?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information