Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: LSU/UL NIT matchup

1. Default Re: LSU showing their class.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    While doing your research, your hate for LSU blinded you from a common theme in every list ( best, worst, first, last, rude, nice). The same schools are nearly on every list and are mostly historic football powers, which tends to generate passion in fans. Don't fool yourself into thinking UL fans wouldn't want to be on any of these list & included with the other schools listed. Haters gonna hate
    The very idea that anyone would sweep "rude" under the rug is appalling.

2. Default Re: LSU showing their class.

Haters gonna hate
    LSU's treatment of opposing fans is a shining example of your statement.

3. Default Re: LSU showing their class.

Like most A&M fans, he’s literally too stupid to insult.

4. Default Re: LSU showing their class.

While doing your research, your hate for LSU blinded you from a common theme in every list ( best, worst, first, last, rude, nice). The same schools are nearly on every list and are mostly historic football powers, which tends to generate passion in fans. Don't fool yourself into thinking UL fans wouldn't want to be on any of these list & included with the other schools listed. Haters gonna hate
    Go away with your articles and bask in the rudeness they portray. Find a few of your rude fans and drink some green beer. You are incorrigible.

Default Re: LSU showing there class.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    I have beleived for a very long time that you should not complain about your seeding until you beat a higher seed. Think about it, if you are seeded too low then the higher seed got screwed having to play a 6 who is really a 3. Win, then say you were seeded too low.

We can argue about how each coach acted before, during and after the game but the bottom line is the coach from BR got his job done last night, the coach form Laf. did not.

I have rarely seen any Cajun team play as poorly as we did in the 1st half of the game last night. Why they played so badly I don't know, but it was a Hugh game and this was a very good Cajun team who lost almost every game that was built up to be big game.

Nevertheless I had fun watching basketball this year for the first time in a while. GEAUX CAJUNS
    The crucial issue you are missing here is that the higher seed gets home court/field advantage which is worth 5, sometimes 10 points. It happened in softball last year - Louisiana led LSU in RPI and number of wins, but selection committee said SEC was so much stronger, it was going to make a subjective decision to take Louisiana, James Madison and Minnesota, with its 53-2 record and make them travel to SEC schools. Why even have RPI if it can be tossed aside if it doesn't favor the SEC for the committee? NIT committee apparently used this same decision process and Marlin said it out loud.
    What I get from what you are saying is be okay with being screwed out of a home court advantage and beat the other team on an unlevel playing field. That is not true sport - that is an unfair advantage to another team that did not deserve. It happens to Louisiana a lot.

I don't see the culture changing should UL win more games. We've had a culture of losing too long to not continue to be humble.

Default Re: Wade not against playing UL in the future, but not in 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I listened to the entirety of that presser but did not hear where he says that he knows Marlin did not say they were scared to play us, or the midget comment stuff. Anyone know where he said this, and have a link to it? Thanks.
    Look at post #1 on this thread - Guilbeau at Advertiser reported Wade using fan bulletin board material as motivation on midget issue - gave bad info to point guard regarding Coach Marlin.

Maybe the interview was edited and we were not privy to the full interview, but as a beat writer for LSU, I doubt seriously he would take the chance to make up disinformation against the team he is reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCajun View Post
    Look at post #1 on this thread - Guilbeau at Advertiser reported Wade using fan bulletin board material as motivation on midget issue - gave bad info to point guard regarding Coach Marlin.

Maybe the interview was edited and we were not privy to the full interview, but as a beat writer for LSU, I doubt seriously he would take the chance to make up disinformation against the team he is reporting.
    But that's just it: neither the article or clip shows him saying that he now knows that Marlin did not say what he accused him of saying. The only thing we have are Glenn's wordsand I'd like more than that. I've emailed him to share his source. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    "Comments were traced to a Cajuns Fan's website"

Lol. Who called Waters a midget?
    It actually originated on Tiger Droppings. I remember copying it and pasting here and then deleted it within about 2 minutes on this board. But it did not originate from here. I'll see if I can find the thread and link.

10. UL Basketball Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Quote Originally Posted by JAMBOOTS08 View Post
    Marlin ran his mouth to the media, and by losing really looks like s fool. On WWL they showed a part of the LSU's pot game comments. He said how the UL team played hard and played well. Then said that for our coach's to say that they were afraid to play them was crazy. He had never thought about UL once in his life. Really made us sound stupid.

Also said about the timeout with 10 seconds left, "they don't get to play us very often, so I thought they should enjoy it a lil more".

Thanks Marlin. Maybe you will learn to shut up next time.
    Fake news dude. Marlin never said or implied LSU, Wade, were afraid to play us. But never let the truth interfere with whatever make y’all feel good about yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Fake news dude. Marlin never said or implied LSU, Wade, were afraid to play us. But never let the truth interfere with whatever make y’all feel good about yourselves.
    Ignore the troll. This is the same poster who posts on that other message board (Droppings) and constantly belittles us (calls us USL, says we are irrelevant, etc.) while trying to pretend he’s a UL grad on here. We exposed his _____ the other day.

12. Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Quote Originally Posted by JAMBOOTS08 View Post
    The 12 year olds team just beat us by 9, ended our season, and made our coach look stupid. Sounds like the 12 year old had a good night and our 60 year old coach looks like an old fool.

We need to just shut up and beat them!
    you’re not we, teams rarely win on the road, but y’all found out how to get blown away at Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I listened to the entirety of that presser but did not hear where he says that he knows Marlin did not say they were scared to play us, or the midget comment stuff. Anyone know where he said this, and have a link to it? Thanks.
    That's because he never said it. What he did say was that they didn't want to play us. He was talking about their unwillingness to schedule us and he commented that they probably don't even want to play us in the NIT meaning they don't want to but have to. They took it as him saying they were scared to play when Marlin was just trying to plant the seed that they were only playing us because the NIT scheduled it, not because they wanted to.

14. Default Re: Wade not against playing UL in the future, but not in 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    That's because he never said it. What he did say was that they didn't want to play us. He was talking about their unwillingness to schedule us and he commented that they probably don't even want to play us in the NIT meaning they don't want to but have to. They took it as him saying they were scared to play when Marlin was just trying to plant the seed that they were only playing us because the NIT scheduled it, not because they wanted to.
    and one thing not mentioned specifically.yes LSU plays other in state schools and there is one difference when they play us in anything.they are much more up for the game and I don't think any would deny this. Does anyone think that they weren't more pumped for our baseball game earlier this year or even the basketball game at their place? And just based on national statistical data, There is home team advantage which we never seem to enjoy.the LSU visit to UL in baseball was surely different than their playing anywhere else other than sec rivals!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    To be clear, what I'm looking forand still have not foundis Wade saying that he now knows that Marlin never said those things.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread Information