Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Default Re: LSU showing there class.

Marlin could have ___ in his breakfast and that doesn't justify the behavior I saw tonight. I can't believe somebody has to explain this to some of you.

He called timeout with :13 left, and screamed at our bench, "Enjoy this!"

He waved his hands in the air and yelled, "F-- them! F-- them!"

He trashed our program up and down in the press conference.

Mind you, they won by EIGHT points and the outcome was in doubt inside of the last minute.

This cat is mentoring young kids about what it means to be men.

If you don't have a clue, I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Marlin could have ___ in his breakfast and that doesn't justify the behavior I saw tonight. I can't believe somebody has to explain this to some of you.

He called timeout with :13 left, and screamed at our bench, "Enjoy this!"

He waved his hands in the air and yelled, "F-- them! F-- them!"

He trashed our program up and down in the press conference.

Mind you, they won by EIGHT points and the outcome was in doubt inside of the last minute.

This cat is mentoring young kids about what it means to be men.

If you don't have a clue, I don't know what to tell you.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I agree.
    Yep, so do l.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I agree.
    I don’t agree. Sorry, Basin. I have a ton of respect for you, seriously.

But we started this. Unfortunately, we didn’t finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

People see things differently. Bob took up for his team. Just cause you think he insinuated something doesn’t change the fact that he never said it. Will wade is a turd and he fits right in over there across the basin

That's ok.

7. Default Re: War of words made NIT game fun

Hey Wade NO ONE ever said you "were scared."

You bringing it up, makes me think you were scared.

8. Default Re: LSU showing there class.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMBOOTS08 View Post
    Marlin ran his mouth to the media, and by losing really looks like s fool. On WWL they showed a part of the LSU’s pot game comments. He said how the UL team played hard and played well. Then said that for our coach’s to say that they were afraid to play them was crazy. He had never thought about UL once in his life. Really made us sound stupid.

Also said about the timeout with 10 seconds left, “they don’t get to play us very often, so I thought they should enjoy it a lil more”.

Thanks Marlin. Maybe you will learn to shut up next time.
    What should Marlin have said all week, "thank you, may I have another?"

9. Default Re: LSU showing there class.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Marlin implied that they were scared. If you can't see that I don't know what to say
    Marlin stated historical facts. Self introspective provided implication.

Let the reader use discernment.

10. Default Re: LSU showing there class.

Quote Originally Posted by USL1970 View Post
    As far as Marlin is concerned and his pregame comments. there is nothing quite as frightening as ignorance in action.

Note a good example.

Any opportunity to schedule LSU home and home is now much less likely, particularly while Will Wade is their coach.

Everyone should care. This could be a great intrastate rivalry.
    How do you get "less likely" from zero in 73?

11. Default Re: LSU showing there class.

Wait a second here. So we we post on here and Facebook how we should have been the higher seed. We post, and our coach comments, that LSU has been afraid to play us.

Then when they beat us by 8 points, we complain that they don't have any class?

I don't give two ____s about LSU either way, but the "lack of class" that's being complained about, we helped bring upon ourselves this past week. LSU had no lack of motivation from us.

How about we just keep our mouths shut and play. That's what Robe did last week.
    Go back and read Robe's comments when LSU quit playing UL in baseball after the 2002 regional.

Marlin has a stronger case towards pointing out idiocy than Robe ever did, and Robe had a slam dunk case.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Go back and read Robe's comments when LSU quit playing UL in baseball after the 2002 regional.

Marlin has a stronger case towards pointing out idiocy than Robe ever did, and Robe had a slam dunk case.
    Marlin had no case. Do you understand that 14 of our 25 division 1 wins were against teams that would struggle to beat Dematha high school, and the other 11 were against mid level programs (101-200 RPI)? We had a nice season, with great kids who play hard and are fun to watch. But we did nothing against top level competition, and have
    not done so since Marlin got here.

That is not our players' fault. They are good enough to compete at a high level. Our coach is not.

13. Default Re: LSU showing there class.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Marlin had no case. Do you understand that 14 of our 25 division 1 wins were against teams that would struggle to beat Dematha high school, and the other 11 were against mid level programs (101-200 RPI)? We had a nice season, with great kids who play hard and are fun to watch. But we did nothing against top level competition, and have
    not done so since Marlin got here.

That is not our players' fault. They are good enough to compete at a high level. Our coach is not.
    That's a totally different conversation so let me rephrase;

Louisiana basketball has a stronger case towards pointing out LSU's idiocy of avoidance than Louisiana baseball ever did, and baseball had a slam dunk case.

You have a right to your opinion, even if it's wrong.

Marlin did not say anything that was not factual. I will never fault him for standing up for his team and his program. You act like we should "know our place" when that is the root of ALL THAT IS WRONG here. And Marlin SAID IT. And he was right when he said this game would have had a different outcome had it been played in Lafayette.

Two teams. 60 miles. We've played teams that are a thousand miles more distant more times. We didn't start ANYTHING. LSU started it with an attitude of they're too good to play us. And they started it WAY BEFORE YOU WERE BORN. Get an understanding of history.

I have beleived for a very long time that you should not complain about your seeding until you beat a higher seed. Think about it, if you are seeded too low then the higher seed got screwed having to play a 6 who is really a 3. Win, then say you were seeded too low.

We can argue about how each coach acted before, during and after the game but the bottom line is the coach from BR got his job done last night, the coach form Laf. did not.

I have rarely seen any Cajun team play as poorly as we did in the 1st half of the game last night. Why they played so badly I don't know, but it was a Hugh game and this was a very good Cajun team who lost almost every game that was built up to be big game.

Nevertheless I had fun watching basketball this year for the first time in a while. GEAUX CAJUNS

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread Information