Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Default LSU/UL NIT matchup

First off, congrats on a great season. Winning 27 games is quite a feat regardless of the competition. After cruising a few threads, it’s pretty evident you aren’t happy about having to travel to BR on Wed night. I guess that I’m just a little unclear about what makes UL’s tourney resume so much better than LSU’s? I see zero wins against the top 50 RPI and a strength of schedule of ~202. How many victories does UL have against RPI Top 100? Meanwhile, LSU has a half dozen or more victories against top 50 RPI teams and a strength of schedule around ~49. Is winning 25 games (D-1 level) playing a horrible schedule really better than winning 17 games against one of the nations tougher schedules? Personally, I think it’s pretty tough and similar to comparing apples to oranges. I’m just glad we get to see them settle it on the court. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    First off, congrats on a great season. Winning 27 games is quite a feat regardless of the competition. After cruising a few threads, it’s pretty evident you aren’t happy about having to travel to BR on Wed night. I guess that I’m just a little unclear about what makes UL’s tourney resume so much better than LSU’s? I see zero wins against the top 50 RPI and a strength of schedule of ~202. How many victories does UL have against RPI Top 100? Meanwhile, LSU has a half dozen or more victories against top 50 RPI teams and a strength of schedule around ~49. Is winning 25 games (D-1 level) playing a horrible schedule really better than winning 17 games against one of the nations tougher schedules? Personally, I think it’s pretty tough and similar to comparing apples to oranges. I’m just glad we get to see them settle it on the court. Good luck!
    Rpi
    Louisiana 60
    Lsu ninety something

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Rpi
    Louisiana 60
    Lsu ninety something
    Oh, is RPI the sole factor when determining seeding for post-season play?

Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

AND ALL of those factors you mentioned (I agree) - yes - tougher schedule - tougher conference - are already included in the RPI. and Louisiana is still ranked 30+ points higher than LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    AND ALL of those factors you mentioned (I agree) - yes - tougher schedule - tougher conference - are already included in the RPI. and Louisiana is still ranked 30+ points higher than LSU.
    Yeah, it really is interesting. Can’t wait to see it settled on the court. Very mediocre LSU team versus one of best in UL’s history.

Yeah, it really is interesting. Can’t wait to see it settled on the court. Very mediocre LSU team versus one of best in UL’s history.
    A good Cajun team, bot not the best team in UL's history.

Luckily for you, we are pretty much down 2 of our top 6 players (unless a miracle happens)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    A good Cajun team, bot not the best team in UL's history.
    I said one of the best. Certainly 27 wins has to rank up there as one of the best?

I said one of the best. Certainly 27 wins has to rank up there as one of the best?
    Wins are the best, but not the best team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Luckily for you, we are pretty much down 2 of our top 6 players (unless a miracle happens)
    That’s a bummer. I hope both teams are at full-strength! This is very average LSU team, lucky to be at 17 wins with a very patched together lineup.

11. Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Oh, is RPI the sole factor when determining seeding for post-season play?
    Since RPI encompasses every tangible aspect of the W/L record, there should be no need for a seeding/invite committee.

That’s a bummer. I hope both teams are at full-strength! This is very average LSU team, lucky to be at 17 wins with a very patched together lineup.
    It is unfortunate the Cajuns are not at full strength. Were they I believe they would be dancing.

One of the best in recent history. sure. But not close to the teams of the 70's through early 80's (not including the death penalty years, of course).

And HOPEFULLY - Gant and Stove will be close to 100%. I like our chances if they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    It is unfortunate the Cajuns are not at full strength. Were they I believe they would be dancing.
    Perhaps Coach Marlin will give update on Gant and Stove status this afternoon on the radio show. I'm working - if anyone could post whatever he says - that would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information