Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 . LastLast

Thread: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Mike, I still don't believe that "many" schools won't play here. There may be a few, but scheduling good games is a problem for everyone. There are plenty of quality games to be found. Other schools very similar to us manage to find them. No valid reason we can't.

You may not believe it but I know it to be true.

2. Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Of course its true.

And if it is true, I guarantee you there are other quality schools in the same boat.

We just need to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Budget is irrelevant.

Potential Gate is another matter.

The fact that the NCAA has corrupted the NIT is a crying shame.
    The NCAA owns the NIT, so that explains a lot.

Teams to call for future games:

Middle Tennessee state
    Marshall
    Saint Mary
    Marquette
    New Mexico State
    Stephen f Austin

There are a lot others. I have to believe some would do home and home

5. Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    I concur with your suggestions, sir!
    Ironic, they want to call us Lafayette but not step foot in Lafayette

6. Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Many schools will not play here period-Agree it does not hurt to ask however.
    When they say no, do we at least ask why

7. Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Way to turn us against Massey, ugggh

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Anyone know what conference the officials will come from? Praying that we get s fair shake and balanced game from zebras.also, will the pep band be allowed in building, if so, hope they leave z"respect" and "hey baby" in Lafayette.
    I’m friends with the new PoA Director, Dr Jason Missal—the band WILL be at the game tomorrow!

The committee is clearly looking at OOC road wins and losses as a metric to differentiate teams in selection model. I'm curious if more teams will start easing up on this to get better road games. Of course, its possible that many teams don't look at us as a good road game with our past SOS and RPI but maybe after this year, there may be some better opportunities?

We are wasting time debating this. Marlin and staff know what is at stake with scheduling. They aren’t stupid. The fact of the matter is that teams do not want to play a game in which there is more to lose than to gain. Ironically, there is nothing to gain because people don’t want to schedule. It’s an endless cycle.

For the people advocating for 3 for 1s, that isn’t almost a decent deal. Playing on the road is hard enough.

The state of NCAA basketball is not changing. It won’t change until a mid major finds some novel way to beat the system, and then it’ll change to make it look more fair (but in practice, will favor the power conferences).

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    I’m friends with the new PoA Director, Dr Jason Missal—the band WILL be at the game tomorrow!
    Raise hell guys

Sorry if this has been discussed.

Any update on Stove and Gant?

Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    We are wasting time debating this. Marlin and staff know what is at stake with scheduling. They aren’t stupid. The fact of the matter is that teams do not want to play a game in which there is more to lose than to gain. Ironically, there is nothing to gain because people don’t want to schedule. It’s an endless cycle.

For the people advocating for 3 for 1s, that isn’t almost a decent deal. Playing on the road is hard enough.

The state of NCAA basketball is not changing. It won’t change until a mid major finds some novel way to beat the system, and then it’ll change to make it look more fair (but in practice, will favor the power conferences).
    The Gonzagas and Boise States started out just like us. They played a lot of road games and started winning before they could get teams to visit their campus. If we have to play road games to schedule schools, play them. But, we have to beat them. Make a name for ourselves, then schools will want to play us. Right now, we are just a mid-level Sun Belt school that nobody wants to play. Things will not change until we change.

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed.

Any update on Stove and Gant?
    I think I saw that Gant is starting, but idk about stove.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I think I saw that Gant is starting, but idk about stove.
    They both are going to play. How much and how effective are the real questions

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 . LastLast

Thread Information