Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

I miss all the good stuff. I have not made a Baseball game and now I am at work for this game tomorrow night,

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    omw to get tickets. What sections are Cajuns fans going to be?
    Buy them online. All tickets are General Admission.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    It is interesting that nobody seems to want to play us in Lafayette in football or basketball. Baseball and softball are different and teams are coming here. We want to move up to another conference, but we don't play teams in the AAC, for example, because they won't do a one for one with us. So, do a 2 for 1 if that's what it takes to play them. We can't join a conference that doesn't want to play us. Get teams here to see what we have to offer and things change. So what if we play a 3 for 1 with a P5 school. We get them in Lafayette, we schedule away money games, and we improve our visibility and perception. Like it or not, LSU is in the SEC, the most powerful conference in the country. We may have to play by their rules because they sure won't play by ours, not as a Sun Belt team. Either we do that or we don't play them. In basketball, start off with a 2 for 1 to get a rivalry going, then change to home and home. In football, get creative and push for a game in the SuperDome, so we play 2 in BR, 1 in Lafayette and 1 in New Orleans (which is neutral but like a home game for both of us) over a 4 year period. And play that schedule on a continuing basis until such time as our leverage improves. You have to play to build a rivalry. We can't keep our head in the sand and hope somebody notices us because all they will see is our ___ hanging out. Let's get back to the mantra "we will play anybody, any place, any time". It may be the only way we will get out of where we are.
    I concur with your suggestions, sir!

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    It is interesting that nobody seems to want to play us in Lafayette in football or basketball. Baseball and softball are different and teams are coming here. We want to move up to another conference, but we don't play teams in the AAC, for example, because they won't do a one for one with us. So, do a 2 for 1 if that's what it takes to play them. We can't join a conference that doesn't want to play us. Get teams here to see what we have to offer and things change. So what if we play a 3 for 1 with a P5 school. We get them in Lafayette, we schedule away money games, and we improve our visibility and perception. Like it or not, LSU is in the SEC, the most powerful conference in the country. We may have to play by their rules because they sure won't play by ours, not as a Sun Belt team. Either we do that or we don't play them. In basketball, start off with a 2 for 1 to get a rivalry going, then change to home and home. In football, get creative and push for a game in the SuperDome, so we play 2 in BR, 1 in Lafayette and 1 in New Orleans (which is neutral but like a home game for both of us) over a 4 year period. And play that schedule on a continuing basis until such time as our leverage improves. You have to play to build a rivalry. We can't keep our head in the sand and hope somebody notices us because all they will see is our ___ hanging out. Let's get back to the mantra "we will play anybody, any place, any time". It may be the only way we will get out of where we are.
    This makes sense. A 2 for 1 or even 3 for 1 with top schools would be a way to build a resume. Of course, some schools will not give us a home game even if we offer a 5 for 1, but its worth a try.

6. Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    This makes sense. A 2 for 1 or even 3 for 1 with top schools would be a way to build a resume. Of course, some schools will not give us a home game even if we offer a 5 for 1, but its worth a try.
    There are valuable Home-n-Home games to be had.

You just need to plan them a few years out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Many schools will not play here period-Agree it does not hurt to ask however.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Mike, I still don't believe that "many" schools won't play here. There may be a few, but scheduling good games is a problem for everyone. There are plenty of quality games to be found. Other schools very similar to us manage to find them. No valid reason we can't.

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    Oh, is RPI the sole factor when determining seeding for post-season play?
    Not for the NIT. The only factor is what your name and athletic budget is.

Anyone know what conference the officials will come from? Praying that we get s fair shake and balanced game from zebras.also, will the pep band be allowed in building, if so, hope they leave z"respect" and "hey baby" in Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I’m not calling you a liar, but I just don’t believe this. Until I’m on a conference call with whoever does our scheduling and every D1 school to hear them each tell us they refuse to play here no matter what the deal is, I’m calling BS on whoever told you this.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    I’m not calling you a liar, but I just don’t believe this. Until I’m on a conference call with whoever does our scheduling and every D1 school to hear them each tell us they refuse to play here no matter what the deal is, I’m calling BS on whoever told you this.
    That’s coming straight from the horse’s mouth. Marlin has said it many times whether it be at rebounders club or on radio interviews

13. Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Not for the NIT. The only factor is what your name and athletic budget is.
    Budget is irrelevant.

Potential Gate is another matter.

The fact that the NCAA has corrupted the NIT is a crying shame.

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    That’s coming straight from the horse’s mouth. Marlin has said it many times whether it be at rebounders club or on radio interviews
    I just find it very hard to believe, but I’m not on the phone calls, so I have to take his word.

15. Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    Emergency deals are undoable.

These deals need to be planned far in advance.

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread Information