Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    None. Look, there's banter going on but UL does not have as many good wins as LSU. I will not deny that one bit. LSU, when looking back earlier at their schedule for this year, surprised me with some of the wins they've had during the season. I remember seeing the Houston game on TV. I also remember seeing them beat Michigan although that was not the same Michigan team at that time but nonetheless, they beat them and should get credit. BUT, LSU with all these good wins has also ____ the bed numerous times this season and that really tells me they've been inconsistent. UL has not. That is what I'm hoping to see on Wednesday. LSU stumble a bit and us play like we did pretty much the entire conference season.
    Little Rock was pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    Oh, is RPI the sole factor when determining seeding for post-season play?
    Umm yeah, thats what it was designed for.

Default Re: Bulletin board material?

Just heard Marlin on BR radio. Those guys are trying to create bulletin board materials. Asked Bob if he said LSU was scared to play them?

Bob. Shut your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Bob. Shut your mouth.
    Bob never said anything. They making stuff up here in BR.

Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Since 2010 the Tigers have played 15 games (all at home I think) against Louisiana schools.

Now I'm not sure what our stance has been regarding playing in Baton Rouge without a return but there have certainly been plenty of games against in state competition.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Seems like LSU/UL could work out a 3 for 1 or something like that in basketball. I truly believe that both teams would benefit from playing each other.

LSU baseball (Shortstop, in particular) was a little jumpy in the beginning at Russo Park last week. I think it had to do with this year's first truly hostile crowd (prior game @ SLU only) environment. That experience (even with the loss) well help LSU prepare for SEC play.
    Absolutely not. If Maggard signs a 3 - 1 with LSU, I’ll be furious. 2 - 1 max. LSU is nobody in college basketball.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Seems like LSU/UL could work out a 3 for 1 or something like that in basketball. I truly believe that both teams would benefit from playing each other.

LSU baseball (Shortstop, in particular) was a little jumpy in the beginning at Russo Park last week. I think it had to do with this year's first truly hostile crowd (prior game @ SLU only) environment. That experience (even with the loss) well help LSU prepare for SEC play.
    .had to leave in the 7th. did our crowd get better. any Ragin Cajun yells???

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Absolutely not. If Maggard signs a 3 - 1 with LSU, I’ll be furious. 2 - 1 max. LSU is nobody in college basketball.
    I'd do it.

They may be nobodys on the national stage, but given our pathetic non-conference scheduling, our pathetic conference RPI, and the tremendous opportunity for in-state perception improvement, I say ANY scheduling deal with them is worth it.

10. Default

I'd do it.

They may be nobodys on the national stage, but given our pathetic non-conference scheduling, our pathetic conference RPI, and the tremendous opportunity for in-state perception improvement, I say ANY scheduling deal with them is worth it.
    Respectfully disagree. Teams like Duke, UNC, Kansas? Sure, do a 3 - 1. Travel, RPI, exposure, experience, etc all much more involved. LSU is not worth a 3 - 1, in any sport, except football.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Respectfully disagree. Teams like Duke, UNC, Kansas? Sure, do a 3 - 1. Travel, RPI, exposure, experience, etc all much more involved. LSU is not worth a 3 - 1, in any sport, except football.
    Elimination of all Non-D1 games is a must then deal 2-1 with AAC schools 3-1 with ACC & Big 10 schools

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Elimination of all Non-D1 games is a must then deal 2-1 with AAC schools 3-1 with ACC & Big 10 schools
    I’d rather target specific schools, but yea, that’s a reasonable expectation for scheduling IMO.

omw to get tickets. What sections are Cajuns fans going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    omw to get tickets. What sections are Cajuns fans going to be?
    I think 218 to 222 is suggested

I'd do it.

It is interesting that nobody seems to want to play us in Lafayette in football or basketball. Baseball and softball are different and teams are coming here. We want to move up to another conference, but we don't play teams in the AAC, for example, because they won't do a one for one with us. So, do a 2 for 1 if that's what it takes to play them. We can't join a conference that doesn't want to play us. Get teams here to see what we have to offer and things change. So what if we play a 3 for 1 with a P5 school. We get them in Lafayette, we schedule away money games, and we improve our visibility and perception. Like it or not, LSU is in the SEC, the most powerful conference in the country. We may have to play by their rules because they sure won't play by ours, not as a Sun Belt team. Either we do that or we don't play them. In basketball, start off with a 2 for 1 to get a rivalry going, then change to home and home. In football, get creative and push for a game in the SuperDome, so we play 2 in BR, 1 in Lafayette and 1 in New Orleans (which is neutral but like a home game for both of us) over a 4 year period. And play that schedule on a continuing basis until such time as our leverage improves. You have to play to build a rivalry. We can't keep our head in the sand and hope somebody notices us because all they will see is our ___ hanging out. Let's get back to the mantra "we will play anybody, any place, any time". It may be the only way we will get out of where we are.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information