Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    Thanks. I didn’t see where you specified in your question?
    I didn't. But, your answer just emphasizes how weak your ooc schedule is. Like others have pointed out, Tigers playing Cajuns would benefit both programs.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I edited an earlier post, but here it is again. In the last 2 years UL has had a better RPI than LSU. The three prior years LSU had a better RPI. In no year was the Cajuns RPI worse than 145; LSU was 195 last year. The RPI difference between the two has been modest, usually around 50 spots. Last year the Cajuns were 80 spots better, the year the Cajuns were 145, LSU was around 80 spots better. All in all, over the last 5 years anyway, home and home series would have been very beneficial to both teams.
    Good points. LSU has been bad. This is more of a focus on where I’d like to see them go rather than where they have been. The recruiting class coming in for next season is off the charts. If Wade can build on that, LSU could have something special in the works if they can keep him around.

Good points. LSU has been bad. This is more of a focus on where I’d like to see them go rather than where they have been. The recruiting class coming in for next season is off the charts. If Wade can build on that, LSU could have something special in the works if they can keep him around.
    I expect LSU to be in the top half of the SEC next season and to have a seeding of 6-9 in the NCAA tournament. I agree they should be much improved. Would be a good game road game for us and good competition for the Tigers.

Even if LSU is top 25, and assuming the Cajuns continue the pattern of the last 5 years, home and home is STILL beneficial to both programs.

Again, I agree. The non-conf schedule will get better. Jones cared more about reaching 20 wins than he did the NCAA tourney. Also, the Cajundome on a Sat night with LSU in town would be a great environment.
    I am sure your non conference schedule will get better and you have the resources to make that happen. In our case, we would have to play the huge majority of our non conference games on the road against power schools to improve ours much and some advocate that. Still major point of my prior posts was to illustrate how difficult it is to schedule here as many regional schools who don't have the program we do now refuse to play us. I imagine you were not aware of the difficulty of this situation for us.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    I didn't. But, your answer just emphasizes how weak your ooc schedule is. Like others have pointed out, Tigers playing Cajuns would benefit both programs.
    It was still better than UL’s. Hell, UL played TWO non D-1 teams. I hope y’all _____ and moan about your scheduling as well.

Wade has potential there. But with the genius mind of Joe Alleva, he will find a way to mess things up and scare the man away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I am sure your non conference schedule will get better and you have the resources to make that happen. In our case, we would have to play the huge majority of our non conference games on the road against power schools to improve ours much and some advocate that. Still major point of my prior posts was to illustrate how difficult it is to schedule here as many regional schools who don't have the program we do now refuse to play us. I imagine you were not aware of the difficulty of this situation for us.
    Yeah, honestly, I didn’t realize it was that tough to get those kind of home games.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Wade has potential there. But with the genius mind of Joe Alleva, he will find a way to mess things up and scare the man away.
    hahaha truth

I’ve enjoyed the friendly banter, that is what I was hoping for. Good luck and I’ll be back after the game win or lose. Have a good evening.

Congrats on the baseball victory and hope y’all turn it around.

It was still better than UL’s. Hell, UL played TWO non D-1 teams. I hope y’all _____ and moan about your scheduling as well.
    Don't worry. We have been down that road and back! It is hard to improve when schools (in state) refuse to schedule games. We had to go to South Carolina to get a good game. Others come from neutral site tournaments. We are forever trying to get the coach and AD to schedule better competition. We knock but everyone keeps their door closed.

If you looked at other threads, there is lots of concern voiced about our schedule. Playing non D1 teams actually probably helped our RPI as the D1 teams we would have to bring in to complete a home schedule would bring it down. Did you see my posts about the no. of schools in the area who refuse to play us home and home. Just makes the challenge more difficult.

Seems like LSU/UL could work out a 3 for 1 or something like that in basketball. I truly believe that both teams would benefit from playing each other.

LSU baseball (Shortstop, in particular) was a little jumpy in the beginning at Russo Park last week. I think it had to do with this year's first truly hostile crowd (prior game @ SLU only) environment. That experience (even with the loss) well help LSU prepare for SEC play.

I’ve enjoyed the friendly banter, that is what I was hoping for. Good luck and I’ll be back after the game win or lose. Have a good evening.

Congrats on the baseball victory and hope y’all turn it around.
    Enjoyed the conversation with you as well. We all hope the bats come around for the Cajuns but hard to be optimistic when 25% of the season has past and little indications are that things are improving. I know the kids are still working hard and it may take until the season is nearly complete for things to click for all those young guys. As far as Wednesday night's game goes, if the Cajuns are healthy it is likely to be competitive throughout . If not, the Tigers probably pull away in the last 10 minutes. It is very unfortunate the health issues popped up for us at the most critical time of the season.

Yeah, it really is interesting. Can’t wait to see it settled on the court. Very mediocre LSU team versus one of best in UL’s history.
    Against a mediocre SunBelt conference and a strong SEC. It won't be easy.

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread Information