Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35

Thread: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    and one thing not mentioned specifically.yes LSU plays other in state schools and there is one difference when they play us in anything.they are much more up for the game and I don't think any would deny this. Does anyone think that they weren't more pumped for our baseball game earlier this year or even the basketball game at their place? And just based on national statistical data, There is home team advantage which we never seem to enjoy.the LSU visit to UL in baseball was surely different than their playing anywhere else other than sec rivals!!!
    I would venture to say that the Tigue is a better home field advantage than more than half of the SEC parks. Easy.

Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Playing in Lafayette would be a good test for LSU basketball, baseball and softball. If you can win here, you can win anywhere. Most LSU coaches, however, do not want to take that chance and, therefore, miss a great opportunity to build the character of their teams before conference play. To paraphrase the SEC channel "LSU vs. UL, it just means more."

Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    I would venture to say that the Tigue is a better home field advantage than more than half of the SEC parks. Easy.
    Yep.and keep in mind that they easily have the best baseball programs in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    and one thing not mentioned specifically.yes LSU plays other in state schools and there is one difference when they play us in anything.they are much more up for the game and I don't think any would deny this. Does anyone think that they weren't more pumped for our baseball game earlier this year or even the basketball game at their place? And just based on national statistical data, There is home team advantage which we never seem to enjoy.the LSU visit to UL in baseball was surely different than their playing anywhere else other than sec rivals!!!
    Boomer they will never play in Lafayette in any sport on a regular basis. They will never give this rivalry a chance to develop into what it can be. If they would it would give our series in softball, baseball and basketball legitimacy.

They will not ever admit to themselves that they love playing the Cajuns. It is their most exciting OOC game in every sport when we match up with them. Even in football where we are so far removed from their elite level it’s not even funny.

I’ll say it one more time, LSU coming to Lafayette on a regular basis only gives us the opportunity to change a one sided rivalry into something real. We won’t get that chance.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35

Thread Information