Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Default Re: LSU showing there class.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    Oh, you were there? I guess that's the end of the argument then. I am pretty sure that if a video surfaced showing TR humping a 10 yr old boy in an LSU shirt, you would blame the kid. Some of you must have miserable lives living with short man's syndrome.
    What does your comment have anything to do with what went on in that series?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That's probably it in a nutshell. I don't blame Marlin, nor think his pregame comments were out of line. I would warn. that when you are on the doorstep of an opportunity to win. let the winning talk for you. you don't give your opponent and their fans something to slam you with on their home turf. Should Wade have been that big of an ___. no way shape or form. But he isn't stupid. He knows that his program was mediocre this season. He also knows that his fan base and fans in the seats are unimpressive. He needed something other than "oh look. LSU is in the NIT" to distract and enrage the highly temperamental LSU base. Marlin didn't make a factual mistake. but he should have waited until we won the game. and doubled down on his knock on the NCAA and LSU.

Marlin's mistake does not excuse Wade's behavior. But Marlin should have focused on tactics to win the contest. win the contest and then he would have had a powerful platform to grab the microphone and lay out the facts. I'm ok with Bob. Not to say I don't agree with a lot of the criticisms waged against him. Overall. I'm proud of our program this year. He should be credited for the good team and the solid student-athletes we have in our program. I would like to see him coach up a team that can do more than manage the SBC (except for GSU). I would like to see him coach up a team that can compete with top 100 programs.

If we are stuck indefinitely in the SBC. I am concerned that MBB will dwindle if the attitude of our program is "we are focused entirely on winning the SBC and the tournament in order to occasionally be a 14 seed in the NCAA". That is not a sustainable model for UL. We must rise above that approach. Bob or someone else has to produce an exciting program that competes with anyone, anytime, anywhere.
    Everything you have stated is spot on. Unfortunately, it will not be Bob to do what is needed. If he were that good of a coach, he would not have been at Sam Houston for as long as he was, and he would not have been here for 8 years. I have seen enough over the last 8 years to know that he can’t coach up a team.

My fear is that the program will have to hit rock bottom before a change is made as basketball is not a money generator and we have put all of our capital into football right now, which I’m perfectly fine with.

Oh, you were there? I guess that's the end of the argument then. I am pretty sure that if a video surfaced showing TR humping a 10 yr old boy in an LSU shirt, you would blame the kid. Some of you must have miserable lives living with short man's syndrome.
    You are really a miserable human being.Yes i was there. Trust me you will never find any sort of bad behavior by Tony. He builds men that are ready for life after baseball Not like that punk of a basketball coach at a&m@br.

That sort of "example" shows me the kind of person you are. A miserable human being. but par for the course as an tiggeeerrr fan

As you sit in a,corner with a magnifying glass playing with yourself.you are a buzzard who circles RP anytime something bad happens.

Default Re: LSU showing their there class.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I watched the game Boomer! No doubt had the game been played in the Cajun Dome, the results would have probably been better for the Cajuns. That being said, poor defense allowed LSU to pull away from us in the first half. And Marlin's reluctance to go to the Zone earlier in the game to help his players in the post was the difference in the game. He admitted so in his post game comments to the media.
    I have often wondered why Coach Marlin does not employ zone defense more. I have mentioned to other coaches in the past as that as soon as one three goes in when we are in a zone he ditches it. They have not responded because I think they know we may be premature in leaving it.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    As you sit in a,corner with a magnifying glass playing with yourself.you are a buzzard who circles RP anytime something bad happens.
    Thanks for putting this so succinctly - RiverRanchMan has consistently proven his stripes as a Tiger Fan who really should be relegated to Tiger Droppings, which is much more his "class" level.

I was at the game last night and was nauseated by the actions of the low-class man-child coach - I understand the self-entitlement of the LSU fans since they paid for it moreso than earned it, but it is still really hard to continually be crapped on by the NCAA committees and its president, former LSU head, Emmerich. Same thing happened in softball last year. NCAA knows how important home-court advantage is.
    Thanks, again, BasinBear, for hitting the nail on the head -

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I have often wondered why Coach Marlin does not employ zone defense more. I have mentioned to other coaches in the past as that as soon as one three goes in when we are in a zone he ditches it. They have not responded because I think they know we may be premature in leaving it.
    You've been a fan of basketball for many years, I think you know this has been problem for Coach Marlin. If you lack length inside, you have to protect the basketball with zone at times. It's not the answer all the time, but it certainly helps change the defensive look. Turnovers also hurt us last night, Stroman and Stove each had 5 a piece. That 's ten from our back court at crucial times. That is one area I would like to see Stroman improve upon next season.

You've been a fan of basketball for many years, I think you know this has been problem for Coach Marlin. If you lack length inside, you have to protect the basketball with zone at times. It's not the answer all the time, but it certainly helps change the defensive look. Turnovers also hurt us last night, Stroman and Stove each had 5 a piece. That 's ten from our back court at crucial times. That is one area I would like to see Stroman improve upon next season.
    All year. From Cemson to Georgia State to lsubr, teams with offensive firepower have shredded Marlin's defense.

With all the great passes you get from Stroman he is prone to making those dumb passes as well. Quite maddening to be honest but I like playmakers and that's typically the downside to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I had to turn off the TV for a while when he didn't go into a zone when they were penetrating and that big dude was posting us upand they were clanging threes.

11. Default Re: War of words made NIT game fun

With 1:39 to go and a 1 point game, trust me, he was SCARED.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    You are really a miserable human being.Yes i was there. Trust me you will never find any sort of bad behavior by Tony. He builds men that are ready for life after baseball Not like that punk of a basketball coach at a&m@br.

That sort of "example" shows me the kind of person you are. A miserable human being. but par for the course as an tiggeeerrr fan
    TR is a good coach & has great character and instills that trait into his players, but you somewhat made my point. There were 10,000 LSU baseball fans "who were there" too and would suggest UL was the instigator in the incident in question, but since you're an UL fan, you have the moral authority to suggest otherwise. As I was trying to point out, you and others on RP have little credibility when critiquing anything about LSU. It doesn't matter what the situation is, you will find something negative from LSU's perspective. May I refer to your user ID as evidence. It really wasn't a big deal to me who won this BB game. I have UL basketball season tickets and wouldn't have minded seeing a NIT game in the Cajundome, if they were able to win. However, just as you want to classify most LSU fans negatively, these games make it difficult for local LSU fans to whole heartedly support UL due to the nonsense that emerges from the local UL zealots.

TR is a good coach & has great character and instills that trait into his players, but you somewhat made my point. There was 10,000 LSU baseball fans "who were there" too and would suggest UL was the instigator in the incident in question, but since you're and UL fan, you have the moral authority to suggest otherwise. As I was trying to point out, you and others on RP have little credibility when critiquing anything about LSU. It doesn't matter what the situation is, you will find something negative from LSU's perspective. May I refer to your user ID as evidence. It really wasn't a big deal to me who won this BB game. I have UL basketball season tickets and wouldn't have minded seeing a NIT game in the Cajundome, if they were able to win. However, just as you want to classify most LSU fans negatively, these games make it difficult for local LSU fans to whole heartedly support UL due to the nonsense that emerges from the local UL zealots.
    You see, this is the exact reason why it's hard for Cajun fans to pull for LSU. They scream "suck that Tiger _____, B____" and are rude, loud, and obnoxious to opposing fans. They constantly belittle our school, constantly tell us to "know our place" when we do everything we can to promote ourselves, and act like children whenever the name "Louisiana" shows up. And then, when someone calls them out on all of this, they magically play victim. And then to make matters worse, almost their entire fan base is currently PRAISING Will Wade for his classless timeout to end the game. But yet, we have "little credibility when critiquing LSU."

Seriously, let's leave the hypocrisy elsewhere, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That's probably it in a nutshell. I don't blame Marlin, nor think his pregame comments were out of line. I would warn. that when you are on the doorstep of an opportunity to win. let the winning talk for you. you don't give your opponent and their fans something to slam you with on their home turf. Should Wade have been that big of an ___. no way shape or form. But he isn't stupid. He knows that his program was mediocre this season. He also knows that his fan base and fans in the seats are unimpressive. He needed something other than "oh look. LSU is in the NIT" to distract and enrage the highly temperamental LSU base. Marlin didn't make a factual mistake. but he should have waited until we won the game. and doubled down on his knock on the NCAA and LSU.

Marlin's mistake does not excuse Wade's behavior. But Marlin should have focused on tactics to win the contest. win the contest and then he would have had a powerful platform to grab the microphone and lay out the facts. I'm ok with Bob. Not to say I don't agree with a lot of the criticisms waged against him. Overall. I'm proud of our program this year. He should be credited for the good team and the solid student-athletes we have in our program. I would like to see him coach up a team that can do more than manage the SBC (except for GSU). I would like to see him coach up a team that can compete with top 100 programs.

If we are stuck indefinitely in the SBC. I am concerned that MBB will dwindle if the attitude of our program is "we are focused entirely on winning the SBC and the tournament in order to occasionally be a 14 seed in the NCAA". That is not a sustainable model for UL. We must rise above that approach. Bob or someone else has to produce an exciting program that competes with anyone, anytime, anywhere.
    Nice post. +1 IMO, both coaches were turning up the heat for theatrics. Marlin saying that our gym was nicer than theirs and that it took them 2 years to win 27 games was hilarious. He knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    How it happened. Marlin’s comments were taken and used as an emotional rallying point as stated by their playerswe had legit sickness and injuries ergo not the team we really could play atwe were playing not on a home or neutral court but on the court of a team that does hate us (crowd reaction obvious)almost the perfect storm for them-well maybe the perfect one as our weakness all year was inside against height and without Gant at full speed that. Along with lack of made 3s was the difference!!!!
    .and closing the lane sooner. They tore us up driving in the lane in the 2nd quarter and killed us in rebounding in the first 1/2. We adjusted in the 2nd 1/2 and did a better job closing off the lane and defending the 3. I think we made good adjustments in the 2nd 1/2 and if they could have been made sooner, we would have won. Obviously their size was hard to defend. I'm still rattled from last night. That was a lot of fun.

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread Information