Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 . LastLast

Thread: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Default Re: LSU showing there class.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    And the worst team in the SBC!
    Exactly.

This was not the best Cajun basketball team ever.
    This was not the best Cajun basketball team of BOP's time here.
    This was not even the best basketball team that Bob Marlin has put on the floor.

They beat nobody. They finished losing 3 of the last 4. They won a lot of games in a very watered down SBC this season.

As for the game last night, yes, Wade fits in perfectly in baton rouge. He is an immature POS, just like 90% of their fanbase.

But, Bob should not have said what he did. While it may have been correct, it was stupid. If he never opens his mouth pre-game, we would be celebrating this morning.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    What I'm asking, since you are saying we started it which sounds like to 3 year olds fighting and getting busted by their parents, is do you think the reaction by Wade and ending to the game with all of his antics were justified by the few things Marlin said during the week? Do you think his clown like actions were justified, as a head coach and leader of a major program by what was said by Marlin?
    That's probably it in a nutshell. I don't blame Marlin, nor think his pregame comments were out of line. I would warn. that when you are on the doorstep of an opportunity to win. let the winning talk for you. you don't give your opponent and their fans something to slam you with on their home turf. Should Wade have been that big of an ___. no way shape or form. But he isn't stupid. He knows that his program was mediocre this season. He also knows that his fan base and fans in the seats are unimpressive. He needed something other than "oh look. LSU is in the NIT" to distract and enrage the highly temperamental LSU base. Marlin didn't make a factual mistake. but he should have waited until we won the game. and doubled down on his knock on the NCAA and LSU.

Marlin's mistake does not excuse Wade's behavior. But Marlin should have focused on tactics to win the contest. win the contest and then he would have had a powerful platform to grab the microphone and lay out the facts. I'm ok with Bob. Not to say I don't agree with a lot of the criticisms waged against him. Overall. I'm proud of our program this year. He should be credited for the good team and the solid student-athletes we have in our program. I would like to see him coach up a team that can do more than manage the SBC (except for GSU). I would like to see him coach up a team that can compete with top 100 programs.

If we are stuck indefinitely in the SBC. I am concerned that MBB will dwindle if the attitude of our program is "we are focused entirely on winning the SBC and the tournament in order to occasionally be a 14 seed in the NCAA". That is not a sustainable model for UL. We must rise above that approach. Bob or someone else has to produce an exciting program that competes with anyone, anytime, anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    Similar reaction to winning mid week baseball games
    Just like EVERY team does after a walk off win.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    If we are stuck indefinitely in the SBC. I am concerned that MBB will dwindle if the attitude of our program is "we are focused entirely on winning the SBC and the tournament in order to occasionally be a 14 seed in the NCAA". That is not a sustainable model for UL. We must rise above that approach. Bob or someone else has to produce an exciting program that competes with anyone, anytime, anywhere.
    yep

If we don't immediately begin to schedule much harder non-conference games, we will be forever locked into 15 or 16 seeds because we will have low RPI, no quality wins, and a stagnant fanbase.

Losing 2 or 3 non-conference home games is the price we must pay to keep this program relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That's probably it in a nutshell. I don't blame Marlin, nor think his pregame comments were out of line. I would warn. that when you are on the doorstep of an opportunity to win. let the winning talk for you. you don't give your opponent and their fans something to slam you with on their home turf. Should Wade have been that big of an ___. no way shape or form. But he isn't stupid. He knows that his program was mediocre this season. He also knows that his fan base and fans in the seats are unimpressive. He needed something other than "oh look. LSU is in the NIT" to distract and enrage the highly temperamental LSU base. Marlin didn't make a factual mistake. but he should have waited until we won the game. and doubled down on his knock on the NCAA and LSU.

Marlin's mistake does not excuse Wade's behavior. But Marlin should have focused on tactics to win the contest. win the contest and then he would have had a powerful platform to grab the microphone and lay out the facts. I'm ok with Bob. Not to say I don't agree with a lot of the criticisms waged against him. Overall. I'm proud of our program this year. He should be credited for the good team and the solid student-athletes we have in our program. I would like to see him coach up a team that can do more than manage the SBC (except for GSU). I would like to see him coach up a team that can compete with top 100 programs.

Marlin's comments are not the problem. He was justifiably upset that we didn't get the higher seed and play at home. Nothing wrong with that. Yes, we should have won the game.

Wade made a big deal out of it to deflect from the awful season they have had the last two years and so his fans are talking about what Marlin said and it took the pressure off of him not having a good and year and not being in the NCAA tournament.

Wade took the script from Obama's playbook where her went on tour lying about his policies over and over and then saying he would not "spike the football" and then spiked the football.

Don't blame Marlin for comments. I didn't see the game so I can't say if we lost because of coaching but Marlin was a much bigger man than Wade in how he handled himself.

What you saw at the end and after the game is why every school in the SEC hates and mocks LSU. They are trailer trash that won the lottery. An embarrassment to the state.

Chicken ____, insecure, classless _______s.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Marlin could have ___ in his breakfast and that doesn't justify the behavior I saw tonight. I can't believe somebody has to explain this to some of you.

He called timeout with :13 left, and screamed at our bench, "Enjoy this!"

He waved his hands in the air and yelled, "F-- them! F-- them!"

He trashed our program up and down in the press conference.

Mind you, they won by EIGHT points and the outcome was in doubt inside of the last minute.

This cat is mentoring young kids about what it means to be men.

If you don't have a clue, I don't know what to tell you.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Exactly.

This was not the best Cajun basketball team ever.
    This was not the best Cajun basketball team of BOP's time here.
    This was not even the best basketball team that Bob Marlin has put on the floor.

They beat nobody. They finished losing 3 of the last 4. They won a lot of games in a very watered down SBC this season.

As for the game last night, yes, Wade fits in perfectly in baton rouge. He is an immature POS, just like 90% of their fanbase.

But, Bob should not have said what he did. While it may have been correct, it was stupid. If he never opens his mouth pre-game, we would be celebrating this morning.
    That pretty much sums it it! You don't give a coach bulletin board material that is looking for a way to motivate his team. Wade took it and ran with it. Wade may be a cocky little tool, but he knows how to coach and recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    That pretty much sums it it! You don't give a coach bulletin board material that is looking for a way to motivate his team. Wade took it and ran with it. Wade may be a cocky little tool, but he knows how to coach and recruit.
    Yeah.he knows how to recruit alright.

10. Default Re: LSU showing their there class.

If Wade took Marlin's words and ran with it, how did Louisiana open with a 10-2 run?

This was before things fell apart temporarily, with lasting impact.

I seriously doubt Wade was spending time quoting Marlin down 10-2.

Marlin's pregame words had zero detrimental impact on the outcome of this game.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    How it happened. Marlin’s comments were taken and used as an emotional rallying point as stated by their playerswe had legit sickness and injuries ergo not the team we really could play atwe were playing not on a home or neutral court but on the court of a team that does hate us (crowd reaction obvious)almost the perfect storm for them-well maybe the perfect one as our weakness all year was inside against height and without Gant at full speed that. Along with lack of made 3s was the difference!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    LOL. Holy ____ that's funny. But true
    Fat UP in Puzsy Area

Default Re: LSU showing their there class.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Yeah.he knows how to recruit alright.
    "who dropped this bag of money here?"

Default Re: LSU showing their there class.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    How it happened. Marlin’s comments were taken and used as an emotional rallying point as stated by their playerswe had legit sickness and injuries ergo not the team we really could play atwe were playing not on a home or neutral court but on the court of a team that does hate us (crowd reaction obvious)almost the perfect storm for them-well maybe the perfect one as our weakness all year was inside against height and without Gant at full speed that. Along with lack of made 3s was the difference!!!!
    I watched the game Boomer! No doubt had the game been played in the Cajun Dome, the results would have probably been better for the Cajuns. That being said, poor defense allowed LSU to pull away from us in the first half. And Marlin's reluctance to go to the Zone earlier in the game to help his players in the post was the difference in the game. He admitted so in his post game comments to the media.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    I was there. Robe's team caused nothing.
    Robe don't buy-in. Marlin don't buy in.

Oh, you were there? I guess that's the end of the argument then. I am pretty sure that if a video surfaced showing TR humping a 10 yr old boy in an LSU shirt, you would blame the kid. Some of you must have miserable lives living with short man's syndrome.

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 . LastLast

Thread Information